User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I don't want to make it seem as though ISTPs don't consider all options. I think they do and they can be indecisive at first (at least that's the vibe I get -- it's not expressed openly). But they reach conclusions faster and more decisively. They do not change their opinions readily.
    Yes, nor did I, that's why I edited my post with an example. It's not that either don't look at all angles, it's that ISTP's will make due with incomplete information if the situation asks for it and it proves practical. Whilest INTP's do not share this ability.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    I myself am really push-and-pull between doing everything and doing nothing
    Lol. Yes, I guess you could say that. They jump from long periods of inactivity to short bursts of lots of activity. But for most of the time they aren't doing much.

HOWEVER, I know an ISTP who hadn't left the house in months one time, which BOGGLES my mind.
    Me too, actually I know more than one who really only leave the house for necessities like groceries and such. But they are introverts so...

Habitual creature in physical comfort
    A-ha, is that it? Are they just stuck in the physical comfort?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

And what is your type, Jock? Have you decided?
    I always come back to INTP. Only time I heavily considered ISTP was when I was trying to explain what I thought was Ni [it was just Ti] and I hated nearly every INTP on the forum so much I thought there's no way in hell I'm the same type as these losers. I related more to the above mentioned ISTPs and INTJs. But I realized Se is nowhere to be found and I was just trying to get fancy due to boredom.

Yes, that's what I've been doing. Or at least not looking at the traditional descriptions and notes of INTPs vs ISTPs. And watching my relationships with both types -- the way I interact with each/the effect each has on me is noticeably different. ISTPs are slightly more personable, at least to me, even though some can be rough and argumentative.
    You may feel a closer connection to ISTPs because your dom-tert stress responses are similar.

Oh so Orangey has decided on a type? I need to catch up. But then, I would choose INTJ as an alternative type for her before INTP; must be the Ni.
    The Ni, and the more direct communication style than you'll typically see INTPs employ. Although it's better to just ask her I suppose.

Oh, and another thing I've noticed -- ISTPs tend to come to their conclusions quicker than INTPs, no? I wouldn't see they're mentally quicker or smarter in general, but I guess because of the Se they are quicker on the draw. Of course this has its downsides in that they sometimes jump to obviously false conclusions.
    A lot of this has to do with Se being very tactical in nature. ISTP systems and frameworks are arguably deeper and more specialized in nature so they can more easily make decisions within them, while INTP systems tend to be broad, so there's an entire laundry list of inane crap they have to go through before being satisfied of making one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    A lot of this has to do with Se being very tactical in nature. ISTP systems and frameworks are arguably deeper and more specialized in nature so they can more easily make decisions within them, while INTP systems tend to be broad, so there's an entire laundry list of inane crap they have to go through before being satisfied of making one.
    That's pretty much what I meant with my post. xD

/irony
    But it's not really a conclusion, more like a hypothesis. Right Jock?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes, nor did I, that's why I edited my post with an example.
    Oh, I didn't see that. Let me reply to it...

.. An INTP would not want to submit to such reasoning for the off chance that it isn't so, not caring about the practicality of the situation, but more about the actual truth of the problem...ISTP's will make due with incomplete information if the situation asks for it and it proves practical. Whilest INTP's do not share this ability.
    So INTPs will just wait and wait for "complete" information? And how would they know if it was complete or not?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So INTPs will just wait and wait for "complete" information? And how would they know if it was complete or not?
    They don't, truth is we never really seem to reach conclusions unless the evidence is fundamentally solid by law of physics. In order words, as far as relations and such go, we don't conclude. We just hypothesize.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

That's pretty much what I meant with my post. xD

/irony
    But it's not really a conclusion, more like a hypothesis. Right Jock?
    But of course

Oh, I didn't see that. Let me reply to it...

INTPs will have a broader definition of what "complete" entails. They can become bogged down with implications of how new information alters the interconnected web of all things [Ne vision of the world].

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I always come back to INTP. Only time I heavily considered ISTP was when I was trying to explain what I thought was Ni [it was just Ti] and I hated nearly every INTP on the forum so much I thought there's no way in hell I'm the same type as these losers.
    Lol. I guess hating lots of people of your type can make you question it.

You may feel a closer connection to ISTPs because your dom-tert stress responses are similar.
    But I don't feel closer to them, at least not most of them. By personable I meant oriented towards people and sociable (as far as the two types go).

Personally, I tend to end up not liking them once we really get to know each other... and they don't like me even before they get to know me. I have ISTP repellant; it's like they hate my existence. They don't even try to hide their dislike and instead openly chastise me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Personally, I tend to end up not liking them once we really get to know each other... and they don't like me even before they get to know me. I have ISTP repellant; it's like they hate my existence. They don't even try to hide their dislike and instead openly chastise me.
    Well. It is pretty much impossible to reach a conclusion about who an INFJ really is. See what I did there?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

They don't, truth is we never really seem to reach conclusions
    Well, that sounds terrible. Not coming to a conclusion? I am scared, very scared.

Well. It is pretty much impossible to reach a conclusion about who an INFJ really is. See what I did there?
    Ha, but they seem to come to them quite easily. No matter how much I protest that they have the wrong idea. That tertiary Ni. It's quite disastrous.