Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Crafter View Post
    I remember one of my INTP classmates and how we discussed greek philosophers.
    While I tend to just stick with the facts written in the books, my classmate tended to spin into more deep analyze of the theory, making it just more and more abstract. He even confused the teacher to the point where I had to tell him. Just take it for what it is man. Don't dig too deep into it.
    A tree is just a tree.
    Yeah, that's one area where the INTP is likely to leave the ISTP in the dust.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

VVVVVVVVV
    .VVVVVVVV
    ..VVVVVVV
    ...VVVVVV
    ....VVVVV
    .....VVVV
    ......VVV
    .......VV
    ........V

^INTP

|||||||||||||||||||

^ISTP
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

A tree is just a tree.
    Albert Einstein quote:
    All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.

idk random that just reminded me of that quote lol so ya a tree is just a tree but what a tree is depends on context. I found that kind of funny.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    But seriously, he mentioned once that when a girl gave him a "signal" to kiss them he just kind of shut down and had no idea what to do. I definitely have not experienced this situation with the opposite sex
    That's because you never met me. Ha, ha!
    But seriously.

I have the same thing when a girl comes on heavy and insistent.
    I like, wanna be friends first and stuff.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    VVVVVVVVV
    .VVVVVVVV
    ..VVVVVVV
    ...VVVVVV
    ....VVVVV
    .....VVVV
    ......VVV
    .......VV
    ........V

^INTP

|||||||||||||||||||

^ISTP
    absolutely.

need moar V though
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

A tree is just a tree.
    Hmm .. I dunno .. I've seen plenty of ISTP's in the grip of tertiary Ni reading waaay too much into things shooting off conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory which can be extremely abstract and convincing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Hmm .. I dunno .. I've seen plenty of ISTP's in the grip of tertiary Ni reading waaay too much into things shooting off conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory which can be extremely abstract and convincing at the same time.
    It happens... But I think the intuitive types are still earthy in a way. Not eggheads. Timothy Leary - ESTP imo (seen him typed INFJ before though).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It happens... But I think the intuitive types are still earthy in a way. Not eggheads. Timothy Leary - ESTP imo (seen him typed INFJ before though).
    I agree. A lot is made of the correlation between intuition and having a penchant for the abstract theories/philosophy etc, which are largely unproven.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Oh yes absolutely. I love conspiracy theories. That type of abstract is thrilling though. It makes me wanna dig deeper. It is almost like solving a problem. Greek philosophy though...different story.

The philosophy situation I spoke of though was, If I remember correctly, about "The Allegory of the Cave".
    My buddy kept spinning that theory deeper and deeper until it was so abstract that he almost couldn't explain it in words, where upon I said "Can't you just take it for what it is? A cave with an opening. Socrates already explained it. No need to dig it any deeper." Maybe I shouldn't have used the tree as an example.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I am the bullet, you are the bullseye. When I hit, there's nothing left"

http://crafter79.mypersonality.info

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Oh yes absolutely. I love conspiracy theories. That type of abstract is thrilling though. It makes me wanna dig deeper. It is almost like solving a problem. Greek philosophy though...different story.

The philosophy situation I spoke of though was, If I remember correctly, about "The Allegory of the Cave".
    My buddy kept spinning that theory deeper and deeper until it was so abstract that he almost couldn't explain it in words, where upon I said "Can't you just take it for what it is? A cave with an opening. Socrates already explained it. No need to dig it any deeper." Maybe I shouldn't have used the tree as an example.
    Yep, again, I know exactly what you mean. I've thought about this a little bit. When my INTP friend and I go off on say, MBTI cognitive processes, he'll start going off on that abstract tangent. To me, that sounds stressful and inefficient when it loses what I feel is "useful" -- but he just enjoys doing it. It's not that ISTPs can't go off on abstract tangents (believe me, I've spun off little Ni tangents on the INTP too), it's just that most times we don't see a purpose too (unless we just enjoy the moment).
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.