• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
I'm not talking about maturity, I'm talking about understanding and recognizing cause and effect relationships. my mistakes as a child were all from lack of discipline and restraint. if I did something wrong, I knew what I was getting into but chose to do it anyway :D

So what you are saying is that N types have a better grasp of cause and effect and develop it at an earlier age than S types?

basically, yes. it's fine if you disagree

Ni and Ne deal with reading between the lines and recognizing the implicit consequences of one's actions. so logically wouldn't this mean that N children would be better and knowing the consequences of their actions at an earlier age?

You assume they always read correctly. The result of this is Ns tend to be more prone to perceptual delusion.

:)

You aren't making any solid sense. You are just rolling with whatever.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You aren't making any solid sense. You are just rolling with whatever.

no, all those points are congruent if you read them in context

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not caring about the outcome isn't the same as being aware of and avoiding possible negative ones.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of that is N bias, because Meek is stupid. It's the same reason people want to type Elfboy as S, so they can disassociate themselves and they think "there's no way an N can be this ridiculous."

Really? In the case of Elfboy I'd actually be *more likely* to type Elfboy as N because he's so ridiculous.

wolfy

awsm
no, all those points are congruent if you read them in context

They are only congruent within the context of the person responded too. Not as a logical and congruent thought pattern throughout.

You started by saying N types have an advanced grasp of cause and effect. Then followed by agreeing that N types have trouble reading cause and effect correctly.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh God.

:doh:

/thread? hopefully?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are only congruent within the context of the person responded too. Not as a logical and congruent thought pattern throughout.

You started by saying N types have an advanced grasp of cause and effect. Then followed by agreeing that N types have trouble reading cause and effect correctly.

that's because I answered the post in context. if you it would help to have my thoughts organized in one congruent post
- Ns have an easier time reading cause and effect
- Ns are more likely to be delusional about cause and effect and can sometimes forget that they're not above the order of the cosmos
- this is just a hypothesis, not a conclusive statement, feel free to inquire and bring up contrary evidence
boom

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's because I answered the post in context. if you it would help to have my thoughts organized in one congruent post
- Ns are more likely to be delusional about cause and effect and can sometimes forget that they're not above the order of the cosmos
- this is just a hypothesis, not a conclusive statement, feel free to inquire and bring up contrary evidence
boom

He's awake! What the heck? *gives extra dose*

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
As someone who just yesterday had a hellacious time with an INTP who stubbornly believed a delusion no matter the evidence to the contrary, and who also witnessed an INTJ running around this forum like a paranoid banshee, I'm going to have to disagree that even adult Ns necessarily have a better time perceiving cause and effect, let alone adolescents.

N and S may have an equal ability to perceive (or not perceive) cause and effect, just the reasoning would be different.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
You apparently ignored the OP, and apparently I know more about personality theory than you if you think I'm in any way an Fe type, or that I'm organized, scheduled, punctual, or any of that.

Moving along.

being SJ doesn't mean they are organized, scheduled, or punctual.....

I think you're ExFP, and I've seen traces of what could be both Se and Ne behavior in you, but since I'm basing it off text and not an actual conversational interaction, it's hard to really 'tell'. I'd lean to the Ne side, all things considered.

There's no way to distinguish the perception functions online, except in the most extreme circumstances.

wolfy

awsm

So do they have an advantage in effectively reading cause and effect?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N and S may have an equal ability to perceive (or not perceive) cause and effect, just the reasoning would be different.

I think that everybody with a highschool diploma, (or possibly less) and ability to reason will be able to percieve cause and effect. This topic is so out there!!!! :laugh:

(Edit: And not on substances.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So do they have an advantage in effectively reading cause and effect?

I guess you could say they have a natural tendency to read cause and effect more often, but sometimes they get it wrong or don't take in enough information and end up becoming delusional (my INTJ best friend was VERY delusional as a child lol)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yay! Another Elfboy thread!!!

haha. Marm.. I'm not going to vote because without interacting with you in person I can't know for sure. What I do know is that you come across much more no-nonsense and to the point than most of the other ENFP's on here. I also think in most of your posts you pepper real-world examples -- of people you know, of past experiences, and so on -- than many N's tend to do. You seem less theory-centered and speculative in presentation, and more 'this is how it is'. I'm inclined to say ESFP based on presentation on the forums. Based on your video? You seem more reserved. I recall uumlau citing a good case for ISFP based on your video alone, and I didn't have huge reason to disagree with him. But I think you're more E than I.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
being SJ doesn't mean they are organized, scheduled, or punctual.....

I think you're ExFP, and I've seen traces of what could be both Se and Ne behavior in you, but since I'm basing it off text and not an actual conversational interaction, it's hard to really 'tell'. I'd lean to the Ne side, all things considered.

There's no way to distinguish the perception functions online, except in the most extreme circumstances.

I was saying I'm not a J due to Fe, nor am I a J due to the Keirsey definition, which does have to do with being scheduled and organized.

Anyway, the person who I was responding to just says things like that to me because he's butthurt that I compared him to Benny Hill and laugh about PUA.

Doesn't want to sleep with you =/= FJ

FP =/= stupid slut

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that everybody with a highschool diploma, (or possibly less) and ability to reason will be able to percieve cause and effect. This topic is so out there!!!! :laugh:

we're talking about children and early to mid teens though, not adults, but yes, you're right

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
we're talking about children and early to mid teens though, not adults, but yes, you're right

Still, NO.

Just plain unprecedented argument.