• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i get that...and my mentality is more of like reality is what you believe...so i can get lost in the make believe...for a bit...in movies n such and i appreciate a new idea of what that reality could be. what if it was this way...or this sort of life did exist...it's a fun pseudo experience or something.

Starry

funny...i was never a princess. i was a strange being from another planet or sometimes a mermaid or a fairy with magical powers haha but i don't remember ever sharing that game with anyone...i remember just being lost in my own lil world of pretend..who wants to be a boring ol princess who lives in some sterile big castle...pshaw

I should have been more clear. Only ENFP males believe they are Disney Princesses. OMG PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!!

I never used to pretend I was a Disney Princess either. I actually did the stuff you described X...like mermaids and fairies and anything that had some sort of 'magical powers'. I admit, that...I guess true to my type...as a child I was crazy for the Disney movie Peter Pan. Yah...I think ENFPs are drawn to Disney stories/fairytales. Or at least I am/was.

I just read in a different thread...(no I don't know how to link it)...that the majority of Disney's protagonists actually are ENFPs (whether that is on purpose or not I do not know)...and that makes a lot of sense to me.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I should have been more clear. Only ENFP males believe they are Disney Princesses. OMG PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!!

I never used to pretend I was a Disney Princess either. I actually did the stuff you described X...like mermaids and fairies and anything that had some sort of 'magical powers'. I admit, that...I guess true to my type...as a child I was crazy for the Disney movie Peter Pan. Yah...I think ENFPs are drawn to Disney stories/fairytales. Or at least I am/was.

Must be a good thing that I'm not an ENFP Male. :laugh:

I mean, the only Disney character I truly liked as a kid was Simba. Simba was a lion though.... so I never pretended to be Simba. :(

I tended to like the hot-headed characters as a kid. When I did pretend to be a character, it was usually a hero-type.

If it was a princess trapped in a building, I would be the hero running amuck the building to save that princess (but no... not Mario!)
If there was a fire that needs to be put out, I would be the fireman!
If there was evil happening in the world, I would be one of its saviors!
If someone was to be one of the Decepticons, I would be Rachet of the Autobots!
Yada
Yada
Yada

Sunny Ghost

Maaaaaan, I so left a reply on this thread hours ago... but stoopid forum and computer were being stoopid and acting up.

So... again!

You said you were going to side with the ISFP's on the matter. But really, we only have the experience of knowing you via this forum. A lot of ISFP's can be quite outspoken and chatty on forums. I often am. And honestly, I can be pretty chatty in person, too. But, I lean towards not wanting the spotlight, towards introverting my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and towards wanting solitude to ponder. I don't mind being alone or when things are quiet and also, I don't require a lot of stimulation.

I once had a friend who swore he was an ISFP. But, I could tell he used more Te than I did, and I used more Ni than he did, which was one of the signs. He was definitely an ESFP, but had a hard time seeing himself as more of an extrovert than introvert. He was a fairly calm, non-boisterous ESFP type, but ESFP none-the-less. He had a stronger desire to be around others than I did, and did less introspecting than I did.

So, yeah, not all ESFP's are loud mouthed party goers and not all ISFP's are quiet mice.

Also, you had a video on your page before... and you looked like an ENFP. Ya know... ENFP's generally have a very distinguishable style... and you sort of fit that bill. At least in that video. Hey, maybe we need more marmie videos?

Sunny Ghost

Maaaaaan, I so left a reply on this thread hours ago... but stoopid forum and computer were being stoopid and acting up.

So... again!

You said you were going to side with the ISFP's on the matter. But really, we only have the experience of knowing you via this forum. A lot of ISFP's can be quite outspoken and chatty on forums. I often am. And honestly, I can be pretty chatty in person, too. But, I lean towards not wanting the spotlight, towards introverting my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and towards wanting solitude to ponder. I don't mind being alone or when things are quiet and also, I don't require a lot of stimulation.

I once had a friend who swore he was an ISFP. But, I could tell he used more Te than I did, and I used more Ni than he did, which was one of the signs. He was definitely an ESFP, but had a hard time seeing himself as more of an extrovert than introvert. He was a fairly calm, non-boisterous ESFP type, but ESFP none-the-less. He had a stronger desire to be around others than I did, and did less introspecting than I did.

So, yeah, not all ESFP's are loud mouthed party goers and not all ISFP's are quiet mice.

Also, you had a video on your page before... and you looked like an ENFP. Ya know... ENFP's generally have a very distinguishable style... and you sort of fit that bill. At least in that video. Hey, maybe we need more marmie videos?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes maybe I should make another video soon. Ha!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if liking sci-fi has anything to do with S/N I was just telling Qlip that I don't like sci-fi much, and my reasoning is because it tends to be very unrealistic and set in these strange fictional worlds that don't at all resemble earth, or if they do resemble earth, it's something hellish and ugly like post-nuclear-meltdown. I don't like fantasy for the same reason. I look at it and think "this is shit, this is dumb." My friend says to me, "but these fantasies and sci-fi books/movies tell great stories which are very intellectual and often have ethical lessons." And I'm just like "that's nice, I can get that elsewhere."

Ethical lessons, that's funny. I find it very interesting how people can read the same things in different ways. I can definitely see how a sensor can be turned off by the world itself. There are plenty of Ss, of course, who will read *anything* that has a dragon or elf or spaceship.

For me reading science fiction is actually primarily getting in the head space of the author, I like that feeling worming into someone's brain and seeing through their eyes. When they create their own little setting it's a very personal thing to them. Then I love the idea playground part, which also tells me about the writer but also asks the question is "what if?" That's the N part I suppose.

For the record, I, a male, never pretended I was a Disney princess, most of my active day to day efforts involved mixing household chemicals and parachuting off the roof and trekking in undeveloped lots and the like. I do remember trying very hard to be telekinetic, that's a special power. Some think I'm an S, I'm thinking about it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looking back at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-what-exactly-differentiates-esfp-enfp-4.html and how you said you didn't trust just theory, but needed IRL examples, that might go with an S preference.
Still, part of the uncertainty is I believe a combination of life experiences, plus being in between Control temperaments, as discussed in that thread. I believe that system is a bit more precise, because of its allowance for moderation; so that indicates between NF and SP. the F and P then remain clear and un-conflicted, but the S and N clash and become ambivalent.

Personality-wise, you still seem on the N side, but then again, wanting IRL over theory does seem S. Though that could be just an isolated instance. Though the way you are so involved in personality discussions is one thing that seems N. There are ESFP's here, but that aspect of the discussions does not seem to be what they focus on.

Sunny Ghost

Ethical lessons, that's funny. I find it very interesting how people can read the same things in different ways. I can definitely see how a sensor can be turned off by the world itself. There are plenty of Ss, of course, who will read *anything* that has a dragon or elf or spaceship.

For me reading science fiction is actually primarily getting in the head space of the author, I like that feeling worming into someone's brain and seeing through their eyes. When they create their own little setting it's a very personal thing to them. Then I love the idea playground part, which also tells me about the writer but also asks the question is "what if?" That's the N part I suppose.

For the record, I, a male, never pretended I was a Disney princess, most of my active day to day efforts involved mixing household chemicals and parachuting off the roof and trekking in undeveloped lots and the like. I do remember trying very hard to be telekinetic, that's a special power. Some think I'm an S, I'm thinking about it.

:cheese: I love fantasy and sci fi.

My old ESFP roommate was always very iffy of certain cartoons. She had this weird anxiety towards cartoons that would make her feel like she's not in reality anymore. She had a panic attack during Waking Life simply due to the way the film was shot-the rodoscoping style. IDK if this has anything to do with her being a sensor. Maybe not.

One of my childhood things was pretending I was an Indian many years in the past. I was often being taken back in time. Also, I liked to pretend I was an explorer, adventurer or discoverer, pretending to be a marine biologist when in the tub. I guess these are pretty S imaginations? I was very hands on exploratory and learning, loving figuring things out on my own, say in the backyard of my home and not at school. That's supposed to be very Se as a child, I do believe.

Sunny Ghost

Looking back at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-what-exactly-differentiates-esfp-enfp-4.html and how you said you didn't trust just theory, but needed IRL examples, that might go with an S preference.
Still, part of the uncertainty is I believe a combination of life experiences, plus being in between Control temperaments, as discussed in that thread. I believe that system is a bit more precise, because of its allowance for moderation; so that indicates between NF and SP. the F and P then remain clear and un-conflicted, but the S and N clash and become ambivalent.

Personality-wise, you still seem on the N side, but then again, wanting IRL over theory does seem S. Though that could be just an isolated instance. Though the way you are so involved in personality discussions is one thing that seems N. There are ESFP's here, but that aspect of the discussions does not seem to be what they focus on.

That is, unless of course, the ESFP has found good tangible and applicable sources for the theory.

A

Anew Leaf

fair enough. saturned really does hate me lol

haha!

No Elfboy, I don't hate you. I just hate a lot of your posts where you throw around opinions with nothing to back them up other than "because I say so."

@Marm: I chose ESFP because the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I don't see ISFP at all. :) I voted ESFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!

No Elfboy, I don't hate you. I just hate a lot of your posts where you throw around opinions with nothing to back them up other than "because I say so."

@Marm: I chose ESFP because the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I don't see ISFP at all. :) I voted ESFP.

essentially you hate my more dogmatic Fi coupled with my sometimes ruthless, yet often ill informed Te

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
yeah i get that...and my mentality is more of like reality is what you believe...so i can get lost in the make believe...for a bit...in movies n such and i appreciate a new idea of what that reality could be. what if it was this way...or this sort of life did exist...it's a fun pseudo experience or something.

I never did the princess thing (past like..9 maybe earlier)
When i was a kid I did fantasize alot, and alot of that had a magical base> I collected rocks, and would make up stories about what each one did. I'd get all the other neighboorhood rugrats in on it. I'd turn my bike upside down in a rain storm and spin the tires, believing I was space sailing or controlled the weather. (?) I ate a tiny sea shell once because I thought If I ate it I could sing like fucking Ariel (lol!) I'd put on my fanciest prissy dresses with teneshoes and ride my hot-wheels around the neighborhood. I would almost always become a ring-leader of other kids, and liked to get others to do devious things.. (bad kid? lol).. Other parents often suspected me behind chaotic events, but usually couldn't prove it. I remember at about 6 I put seasonings into baggies and pretended I was a drug dealer. I'd seriously get other kids to join my "mob". I also had almost zero value for material posessions.. I used to give my books and toys away, and didn't care. My mom would get soooo pissed off! But I always valued playing with friends more than having stuff. I don't think I got into a fight over a toy in my entire life.

How did you play as a kid Marmie?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm leaning S based on your posts on the Age of Consent thread. you say that teenagers have difficulty seeing the consequences of their actions, but I don't believe this is true of N teens. we actually have a very easy understanding the consequences of our actions from a young age. correct me if I'm wrong other Ns, but I generally believe this to be the case

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm leaning S based on your posts on the Age of Consent thread. you say that teenagers have difficulty seeing the consequences of their actions, but I don't believe this is true of N teens. we actually have a very easy understanding the consequences of our actions from a young age. correct me if I'm wrong other Ns, but I generally believe this to be the case

You're wrong.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i don't know what you're talking about.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
could you explain?

Uh, sure. Ns aren't automatically gifted with understanding the consequences of their own actions, regardless of age. All you have to do is observe people on this very forum if you don't believe me. Now, if you'd said that Ns often believe they're gifted with that understanding, you'd be closer to the truth, although that's more like a few individuals rather than the geneal N population.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well n's can be just as immature and reckless as anyone else.