User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you think I am?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

24 44.44%
  • INFP

5 9.26%
  • ESFP

29 53.70%
  • ISFP

4 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 789101119 Last

Thread: Which FP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i get that...and my mentality is more of like reality is what you believe...so i can get lost in the make believe...for a bit...in movies n such and i appreciate a new idea of what that reality could be. what if it was this way...or this sort of life did exist...it's a fun pseudo experience or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    funny...i was never a princess. i was a strange being from another planet or sometimes a mermaid or a fairy with magical powers haha but i don't remember ever sharing that game with anyone...i remember just being lost in my own lil world of pretend..who wants to be a boring ol princess who lives in some sterile big castle...pshaw
    I should have been more clear. Only ENFP males believe they are Disney Princesses. OMG PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!!

I never used to pretend I was a Disney Princess either. I actually did the stuff you described X...like mermaids and fairies and anything that had some sort of 'magical powers'. I admit, that...I guess true to my type...as a child I was crazy for the Disney movie Peter Pan. Yah...I think ENFPs are drawn to Disney stories/fairytales. Or at least I am/was.

I just read in a different thread...(no I don't know how to link it)...that the majority of Disney's protagonists actually are ENFPs (whether that is on purpose or not I do not know)...and that makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    I should have been more clear. Only ENFP males believe they are Disney Princesses. OMG PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!!

I never used to pretend I was a Disney Princess either. I actually did the stuff you described X...like mermaids and fairies and anything that had some sort of 'magical powers'. I admit, that...I guess true to my type...as a child I was crazy for the Disney movie Peter Pan. Yah...I think ENFPs are drawn to Disney stories/fairytales. Or at least I am/was.
    Must be a good thing that I'm not an ENFP Male.

I mean, the only Disney character I truly liked as a kid was Simba. Simba was a lion though.... so I never pretended to be Simba.

I tended to like the hot-headed characters as a kid. When I did pretend to be a character, it was usually a hero-type.

If it was a princess trapped in a building, I would be the hero running amuck the building to save that princess (but no... not Mario!)
    If there was a fire that needs to be put out, I would be the fireman!
    If there was evil happening in the world, I would be one of its saviors!
    If someone was to be one of the Decepticons, I would be Rachet of the Autobots!
    Yada
    Yada
    Yada

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Maaaaaan, I so left a reply on this thread hours ago... but stoopid forum and computer were being stoopid and acting up.

So... again!

You said you were going to side with the ISFP's on the matter. But really, we only have the experience of knowing you via this forum. A lot of ISFP's can be quite outspoken and chatty on forums. I often am. And honestly, I can be pretty chatty in person, too. But, I lean towards not wanting the spotlight, towards introverting my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and towards wanting solitude to ponder. I don't mind being alone or when things are quiet and also, I don't require a lot of stimulation.

I once had a friend who swore he was an ISFP. But, I could tell he used more Te than I did, and I used more Ni than he did, which was one of the signs. He was definitely an ESFP, but had a hard time seeing himself as more of an extrovert than introvert. He was a fairly calm, non-boisterous ESFP type, but ESFP none-the-less. He had a stronger desire to be around others than I did, and did less introspecting than I did.

So, yeah, not all ESFP's are loud mouthed party goers and not all ISFP's are quiet mice.

Also, you had a video on your page before... and you looked like an ENFP. Ya know... ENFP's generally have a very distinguishable style... and you sort of fit that bill. At least in that video. Hey, maybe we need more marmie videos?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Maaaaaan, I so left a reply on this thread hours ago... but stoopid forum and computer were being stoopid and acting up.

So... again!

You said you were going to side with the ISFP's on the matter. But really, we only have the experience of knowing you via this forum. A lot of ISFP's can be quite outspoken and chatty on forums. I often am. And honestly, I can be pretty chatty in person, too. But, I lean towards not wanting the spotlight, towards introverting my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and towards wanting solitude to ponder. I don't mind being alone or when things are quiet and also, I don't require a lot of stimulation.

I once had a friend who swore he was an ISFP. But, I could tell he used more Te than I did, and I used more Ni than he did, which was one of the signs. He was definitely an ESFP, but had a hard time seeing himself as more of an extrovert than introvert. He was a fairly calm, non-boisterous ESFP type, but ESFP none-the-less. He had a stronger desire to be around others than I did, and did less introspecting than I did.

So, yeah, not all ESFP's are loud mouthed party goers and not all ISFP's are quiet mice.

Also, you had a video on your page before... and you looked like an ENFP. Ya know... ENFP's generally have a very distinguishable style... and you sort of fit that bill. At least in that video. Hey, maybe we need more marmie videos?
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes maybe I should make another video soon. Ha!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't know if liking sci-fi has anything to do with S/N I was just telling Qlip that I don't like sci-fi much, and my reasoning is because it tends to be very unrealistic and set in these strange fictional worlds that don't at all resemble earth, or if they do resemble earth, it's something hellish and ugly like post-nuclear-meltdown. I don't like fantasy for the same reason. I look at it and think "this is shit, this is dumb." My friend says to me, "but these fantasies and sci-fi books/movies tell great stories which are very intellectual and often have ethical lessons." And I'm just like "that's nice, I can get that elsewhere."
    Ethical lessons, that's funny. I find it very interesting how people can read the same things in different ways. I can definitely see how a sensor can be turned off by the world itself. There are plenty of Ss, of course, who will read *anything* that has a dragon or elf or spaceship.

For me reading science fiction is actually primarily getting in the head space of the author, I like that feeling worming into someone's brain and seeing through their eyes. When they create their own little setting it's a very personal thing to them. Then I love the idea playground part, which also tells me about the writer but also asks the question is "what if?" That's the N part I suppose.

For the record, I, a male, never pretended I was a Disney princess, most of my active day to day efforts involved mixing household chemicals and parachuting off the roof and trekking in undeveloped lots and the like. I do remember trying very hard to be telekinetic, that's a special power. Some think I'm an S, I'm thinking about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Looking back at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...fp-enfp-4.html and how you said you didn't trust just theory, but needed IRL examples, that might go with an S preference.
    Still, part of the uncertainty is I believe a combination of life experiences, plus being in between Control temperaments, as discussed in that thread. I believe that system is a bit more precise, because of its allowance for moderation; so that indicates between NF and SP. the F and P then remain clear and un-conflicted, but the S and N clash and become ambivalent.

Personality-wise, you still seem on the N side, but then again, wanting IRL over theory does seem S. Though that could be just an isolated instance. Though the way you are so involved in personality discussions is one thing that seems N. There are ESFP's here, but that aspect of the discussions does not seem to be what they focus on.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Ethical lessons, that's funny. I find it very interesting how people can read the same things in different ways. I can definitely see how a sensor can be turned off by the world itself. There are plenty of Ss, of course, who will read *anything* that has a dragon or elf or spaceship.

For me reading science fiction is actually primarily getting in the head space of the author, I like that feeling worming into someone's brain and seeing through their eyes. When they create their own little setting it's a very personal thing to them. Then I love the idea playground part, which also tells me about the writer but also asks the question is "what if?" That's the N part I suppose.

For the record, I, a male, never pretended I was a Disney princess, most of my active day to day efforts involved mixing household chemicals and parachuting off the roof and trekking in undeveloped lots and the like. I do remember trying very hard to be telekinetic, that's a special power. Some think I'm an S, I'm thinking about it.
    I love fantasy and sci fi.

My old ESFP roommate was always very iffy of certain cartoons. She had this weird anxiety towards cartoons that would make her feel like she's not in reality anymore. She had a panic attack during Waking Life simply due to the way the film was shot-the rodoscoping style. IDK if this has anything to do with her being a sensor. Maybe not.

One of my childhood things was pretending I was an Indian many years in the past. I was often being taken back in time. Also, I liked to pretend I was an explorer, adventurer or discoverer, pretending to be a marine biologist when in the tub. I guess these are pretty S imaginations? I was very hands on exploratory and learning, loving figuring things out on my own, say in the backyard of my home and not at school. That's supposed to be very Se as a child, I do believe.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Looking back at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...fp-enfp-4.html and how you said you didn't trust just theory, but needed IRL examples, that might go with an S preference.
    Still, part of the uncertainty is I believe a combination of life experiences, plus being in between Control temperaments, as discussed in that thread. I believe that system is a bit more precise, because of its allowance for moderation; so that indicates between NF and SP. the F and P then remain clear and un-conflicted, but the S and N clash and become ambivalent.

Personality-wise, you still seem on the N side, but then again, wanting IRL over theory does seem S. Though that could be just an isolated instance. Though the way you are so involved in personality discussions is one thing that seems N. There are ESFP's here, but that aspect of the discussions does not seem to be what they focus on.
    That is, unless of course, the ESFP has found good tangible and applicable sources for the theory.
    -John Green