User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you think I am?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

24 44.44%
  • INFP

5 9.26%
  • ESFP

29 53.70%
  • ISFP

4 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 67891018 Last

Thread: Which FP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    An aside here.. If you ever want to try sci-fi again, I can make some recommendations. It covers a very wide spectrum.. and I haven't found even one actual sci-fi fan that likes the whole gamut. Miyazaki is the new Disney, there's actually danger. It's fun to see kids just a little scared because the story doesn't feel safe.
    Nope. Sci-Fi, as a general rule, is very off-putting to me. I have tons of other books to read. I could read for the rest of my life probably and not read everything I wanted to read, and never touch science fiction, except to maybe re-read my favorite Jeff Noon novels. My friend tried to get me to read Terry Pratchett, blah blah blah. There's always stuff I want to read. I haven't even read all of Agatha Christie's or P.D. James' mysteries, or all of Gregory Maguire's adult re-tellings of classic fairy tales. I have plenty left to read.

I don't like kids movies at all, generally speaking. The closest thing to children's movies I watch are things like Little Red Riding Hood, which isn't a kids movie. If I watch cartoons I watch stuff like Family Guy or Bugs Bunny (which were originally made for adults).

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    So...
    Positive reaction to Disney Princesses = ENFP
    Negative reaction to Disney Princesses = ESFP
    ?

Shortest S/N test ever!!

Believes they are a Disney Princess = ENFP

FTFY

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Nope. Sci-Fi, as a general rule, is very off-putting to me. I have tons of other books to read. I could read for the rest of my life probably and not read everything I wanted to read, and never touch science fiction, except to maybe re-read my favorite Jeff Noon novels. My friend tried to get me to read Terry Pratchett, blah blah blah. There's always stuff I want to read. I haven't even read all of Agatha Christie's or P.D. James' mysteries, or all of Gregory Maguire's adult re-tellings of classic fairy tales. I have plenty left to read.

I don't like kids movies at all, generally speaking. The closest thing to children's movies I watch are things like Little Red Riding Hood, which isn't a kids movie. If I watch cartoons I watch stuff like Family Guy or Bugs Bunny (which were originally made for adults).
    Yep, that's the truth. Anyway, I'll just pitch something and then leave you alone. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because, it's one of those things that I read and wondered if Marm would like it, who knows, maybe you'll be stuck somewhere for an extended period and you'll see it. Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson. A lot of older sci-fi authors had Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan) as a major influence, this guy was a William Burroughs guy.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Believes they are a Disney Princess = ENFP

FTFY
    *lightbulb goes on*

Haha, now I'm wondering if my sister is ENFP... whenever we played as kids, she was always the princessy character, my cousin would be her lady-in-waiting, and I would be the villain or the male role.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yep, that's the truth. Anyway, I'll just pitch something and then leave you alone. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because, it's one of those things that I read and wondered if Marm would like it, who knows, maybe you'll be stuck somewhere for an extended period and you'll see it. Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson. A lot of older sci-fi authors had Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan) as a major influence, this guy was a William Burroughs guy.
    Oh, okay this is a cyber punk novel...Jeff Noon is also considered cyber punk. I can take a look at it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

*lightbulb goes on*

Thanks! Haha, now I'm wondering if my sister is ENFP... whenever we played as kids, she was always the princessy character, my cousin would be her lady-in-waiting, and I would be the villain or the male role.
    I think the difference from other little girls and NFs may be that they still think they're Disney princesses long past the age where that might be considered sane.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I might like more cyber punk (though not all) since it's not set in far away galaxies, bizarre fantasy worlds, but is either present-based or near future, and has a post-industrial cultural element.

I'm not at all interested in stuff like The Matrix, though. Bores me to tears. I also only watched Blade Runner because a film professor forced me to do so in class, and those are also considered cyberpunk and I'm not a fan.

So ...anyway...yeah...at least look at this one book. I also see here that there's a cyberpunk novelist with a similar style to Raymond Chandler who wrote the mystery classic The Big Sleep. Stuff like that I might be able to get into.

*lightbulb goes on*

Haha, now I'm wondering if my sister is ENFP... whenever we played as kids, she was always the princessy character, my cousin would be her lady-in-waiting, and I would be the villain or the male role.
    LOL!!!!!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    this is interesting marm! a witnessing of self discovery. i like it...haha
    i wish i could help you somehow...let's see...not into disney princess shit or cartoons...but do pretty much feel like i see into peoples souls as fucking egotistical as i realize that sounds...but really like sci fi...hmm....that's all i've got so far...and not that it matters anyway...well shit. :/
    I don't know if liking sci-fi has anything to do with S/N I was just telling Qlip that I don't like sci-fi much, and my reasoning is because it tends to be very unrealistic and set in these strange fictional worlds that don't at all resemble earth, or if they do resemble earth, it's something hellish and ugly like post-nuclear-meltdown. I don't like fantasy for the same reason. I look at it and think "this is shit, this is dumb." My friend says to me, "but these fantasies and sci-fi books/movies tell great stories which are very intellectual and often have ethical lessons." And I'm just like "that's nice, I can get that elsewhere."

Maybe I should have realized I was a sensor all along for that reason. I like mysteries because they're about normal people in plausible situations, horror isn't always totally realistic of course, but usually it's something fantastic super-imposed upon real life and regular people, it's still something grounded in the here and now.

The reason I might not be N isn't because I don't like sci-fi, but because of my reasoning for not liking it, and my reasoning for liking some cyber punk is that it more closely resembles earth cities in the present day, and has elements related to punk or "alternative" or hipster culture, which are recent real-life things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

funny...i was never a princess. i was a strange being from another planet or sometimes a mermaid or a fairy with magical powers haha but i don't remember ever sharing that game with anyone...i remember just being lost in my own lil world of pretend..who wants to be a boring ol princess who lives in some sterile big castle...pshaw
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison