User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you think I am?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

24 44.44%
  • INFP

5 9.26%
  • ESFP

29 53.70%
  • ISFP

4 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 51314151617 Last

Thread: Which FP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Oh yay! Another Elfboy thread!!!

haha. Marm.. I'm not going to vote because without interacting with you in person I can't know for sure. What I do know is that you come across much more no-nonsense and to the point than most of the other ENFP's on here. I also think in most of your posts you pepper real-world examples -- of people you know, of past experiences, and so on -- than many N's tend to do. You seem less theory-centered and speculative in presentation, and more 'this is how it is'. I'm inclined to say ESFP based on presentation on the forums. Based on your video? You seem more reserved. I recall uumlau citing a good case for ISFP based on your video alone, and I didn't have huge reason to disagree with him. But I think you're more E than I.
    Yes the reason why I leaned toward ENFP is because I am not all that extroverted IRL, though I can be very expressive at times. It's like when I'm extroverted I'm really extroverted, but usually I am pretty reserved and need time to myself. For that reason ENFP and ISFP made the most sense because of introverted extrovert and extroverted introvert.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Not sure what you are Marm but Si appears to play a strong role and your decision maker is F-based.
    Agreed...I read some of your posts and I can see a word-for-word restatements of information. Reminds me of this ESFJ guy I work with. Not saying you're ESFJ, but there's some Si being used somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    *Takes out the syringes, knocks everyone in thread out*
    I'm sorry, it'll take more than a shot to get me to sleep.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I was saying I'm not a J due to Fe, nor am I a J due to the Keirsey definition, which does have to do with being scheduled and organized.

Anyway, the person who I was responding to just says things like that to me because he's butthurt that I compared him to Benny Hill and laugh about PUA.

Doesn't want to sleep with you =/= FJ

FP =/= stupid slut

LOL @ Benny Hill.....I'd be mad if somebody said that to me too!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Agreed...I read some of your posts and I can see a word-for-word restatements of information. Reminds me of this ESFJ guy I work with. Not saying you're ESFJ, but there's some Si being used somewhere.
    Why are word for word restatements of information Si? Si is a world view that places value on subjective personal experiences and ascribes meaning to things based on past experience.

Stating facts is stating facts. I've always had a really good memory. Si =/= memory.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Ni and Ne deal with reading between the lines and recognizing the implicit consequences of one's actions. so logically wouldn't this mean that N children would be better and knowing the consequences of their actions at an earlier age?
    You're assuming both that recognizing consequences requires "reading between the lines" AND that "reading between the lines" improves the ability to recognize consequences. Most consequences are not at all abstraction-based, so why would an S have more trouble recognizing that you get sunburned if you play in the sun, or something stupid like that?

Also imo Ni is more of a "reading between the lines" function than Ne is. I would call Ne more of a "creating entirely new lines to read" function. As a result, Se children with tertiary Ni would theoretically have an edge over Ne children(i.e. with low Ni) when it comes to Ni activities....and that's not even getting into the fact that MBTI is defined by preference, not ability, so an S child could easily be better at some random N thing than an N child.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    LOL @ Benny Hill.....I'd be mad if somebody said that to me too!
    Well, then maybe you shouldn't act like him if you don't want to be compared to him.

(not you)

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Oh yay! Another Elfboy thread!!!

haha. Marm.. I'm not going to vote because without interacting with you in person I can't know for sure. What I do know is that you come across much more no-nonsense and to the point than most of the other ENFP's on here. I also think in most of your posts you pepper real-world examples -- of people you know, of past experiences, and so on -- than many N's tend to do. You seem less theory-centered and speculative in presentation, and more 'this is how it is'. I'm inclined to say ESFP based on presentation on the forums. Based on your video? You seem more reserved. I recall uumlau citing a good case for ISFP based on your video alone, and I didn't have huge reason to disagree with him. But I think you're more E than I.
    this thread id not about me darling
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Marm, for some reason I keep reverting to ENFP or EXFP for you. I really don't know why, perhaps it's because that's how I've known you for a while. I'm mentally resistive to the ESFP change for you.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You're assuming both that recognizing consequences requires "reading between the lines" AND that "reading between the lines" improves the ability to recognize consequences. Most consequences are not at all abstraction-based, so why would an S have more trouble recognizing that you get sunburned if you play in the sun, or something stupid like that?

Also imo Ni is more of a "reading between the lines" function than Ne is. I would call Ne more of a "creating entirely new lines to read" function. As a result, Se children with tertiary Ni would theoretically have an edge over Ne children(i.e. with low Ni) when it comes to Ni activities....and that's not even getting into the fact that MBTI is defined by preference, not ability, so an S child could easily be better at some random N thing than an N child.
    you bring up an excellent point. I'll think about that for a bit
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire