Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As I stated above, I don't like seeing these dogmatic attitudes about typology. So it's just the dogmatism I'd like to see replaced.

I keep saying the same things over and over again, and they still don't get it.

Here, let me try this ---

Typology is not the Truth...
    Isn't this, as well as your title of this thread, ironic, if you wish to do away with dogmatism? Who are you to say for sure that something is not the answer?

Glycerine

Typology is just for fun like astrology. Don't ruin it for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Typology is just for fun like astrology. Don't ruin it for all of us!
    I think this 'MBTI profile' is accurate:

Jag is a natural skeptic. He needs to be convinced, and needs to see the
    evidence, and your logic needs to be sound. Beyond reproach, even. This can
    be quite an undertaking, but once won over, Jag will be your staunchest
    ally. Jag is phenomenally analytical, meticulous, and painstaking. Jag loves
    the research process, is as relentless and tenacious as a bulldog and pretty
    much won't stop until he is damn good and ready.
    MBTI/astrology. Is there a difference?
    That quote was astrology.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think this 'MBTI profile' is accurate:

MBTI/astrology. Is there a difference?
    That quote was astrology.
    haha I got your point the first time around. I was also being facetious with my post. The "you know me well" was referring to the sense of humor. That was all.lol

Dreaming the life Array onemoretime's Avatar
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It's rather silly, if you think about it, to rely on objective criteria when trying to understand what is fundamentally subjective.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Isn't this, as well as your title of this thread, ironic, if you wish to do away with dogmatism? Who are you to say for sure that something is not the answer?
    I did say close to the top of the thread that it's YOUR answer (speaking to whomever), not mine. Everybody has a right to the subjective truth within themselves, but not to shove their answer down my throat.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You went from "I don't see it as the Answer" to "that doesn't mean the system is entirely useless." If that summed up my argument, it would be a complete non sequitur. But it's not an argument I made.

I know that what it comes down to here is that my main message is too abstract. I have found that terms such as "non sequitur" simply whoosh. In any attempt to criticize a comment's logic, the commenter simply presses the mental reset button and repeats the same argument.

I don't know why you feel attacked or something, you're not on my plonk list, or even potential plonk list.
    Uh, of course it's not an argument you made, it's an argument I made in response to the idea presented in the thread, which implies that people on this board who see some usefulness/validity in Jungian psychological types view it as "The Answer". I don't think most people do; I know I don't, and I'm explaining how I do view it.

I don't feel attacked in the slightest . If you only wanted people on your "plonk list" to reply to a thread, then maybe a public forum was the wrong place to post it.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I thought that psychological types are just prisms and frameworks to help you examine yourself? I never thought they were my Answer. Has everyone else been building their entire identity around the good word of Keirsey?

Jung himself said that his types were for mere clinical usefulness. He didn't wave a magic wand and proclaim himself a prophet. He didn't even lecture on the types outside the basic introductory stuff, really. Jung didn't give very many shits about his system beyond that.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The basic assumption of the MBTI is, for example, that "Introverted Sensing with Thinking" means ISTJ. Jung's theory never implied it, and I don't see why he would ever have allowed it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    John Fucgjack, or whatever his name is, also predicted 32 types, once the basic MBTI flaw is removed. And he doesn't hang around these forums.
    What is this flaw exactly?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    +1

What is this flaw exactly?
    Toward a Diversity of Psychological Type in Organization
    "In order to see the difficulty more clearly, look at the 'INFP'. By the rules of the MBTI game, the 'P' designation indicates that the letter in the third place ('F') identifies the individual's dominant function. The INFP, thus, is an 'introverted feeling type'. But the 'P' also tells us that the INFP is typically an individual who 'remains open', and is not interested in seeking 'closure' (as is the J). The question to ask here is, 'Is it legitimate to make all introverted feeling types with auxiliary iNtuition BY DEFINITION non-closure-seeking (P) types?' Cannot an introverted feeling type with auxiliary iNtuition not be a closure-seeking J? If so, how would we go about 'writing' the name of such a type? It cannot be done using the current MBTI nomenclature!"
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.