User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93

Thread: JCF Isn't The Answer

  1. #51
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Actually, I do have some questions. What would you propose to replace MBTI / JCF? Do you know of any current theory or see any system that could? Or are you working on that yourself?

    I would like a reply - that is, if you haven't plonked me.

    Planking I do not understand. Learned about that a few months ago. Don't see the appeal lol.
    You should know you're plonked. However, I can still read the posts I choose to open.

    As I stated above, I don't like seeing these dogmatic attitudes about typology. So it's just the dogmatism I'd like to see replaced.

    I keep saying the same things over and over again, and they still don't get it.

    Here, let me try this ---

    Typology is not the Truth...

    Typology is not the Truth...

    Typology is not the Truth...

    Typology is not the Truth...

    Typology is not the Truth...

    ...
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  2. #52
    reborn Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You should know you're plonked. However, I can still read the posts I choose to open.
    Well, that's nice. Glad you chose to answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The result is merely a cultish following of those who don't dare question the Master.
    True; I can see that.

    As I stated above, I don't like seeing these dogmatic attitudes about typology. So it's just the dogmatism I'd like to see replaced.
    Sure, I can appreciate that POV. And I can imagine that, from a very Ti perspective, you sense that the "system", if you can call JCF a "system" isn't perfect. The real Truth (capital T) has yet to be revealed. MBTI isn't 100% perfect. JCF is not 100% perfect. You can't really articulate all of the "why", you just know it. And when people talk about cognitive functions like they're the "be all and end all" you just shake your head, you know there's more there, to be discovered, to be explained. And validated too, the need for empirical data here is huge. I think I get it. Is that how you feel about this? That people need to stay open-minded and be less sheep-like?

    I keep saying the same things over and over again, and they still don't get it.

    Here, let me try this ---

    Typology is not the Truth...
    But in stating this over and over, is it not the same approach as the street corner prophet, claiming the end is near? No one will pay attention to you until something is falling from the sky. What tactic might better suit your desire to communicate that message? If you only wish to say it, and don't care about trying to frame your argument appropriately, how is that helpful to you or your audience?

    Even if you said, "I know there's more, I can't articulate it fully, but this comes close, and this does too, and new research blah blah blah" - that might fuel discussion and open more minds. Your approach currently has the look of being almost as dogmatic as you claim the JCF cult followers appear ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  3. #53
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sure, I can appreciate that POV. And I can imagine that, from a very Ti perspective, you sense that the "system", if you can call JCF a "system" isn't perfect. The real Truth (capital T) has yet to be revealed. MBTI isn't 100% perfect. JCF is not 100% perfect. You can't really articulate all of the "why", you just know it. And when people talk about cognitive functions like they're the "be all and end all" you just shake your head, you know there's more there, to be discovered, to be explained. And validated too, the need for empirical data here is huge. I think I get it. Is that how you feel about this?

    But in stating this over and over, is it not the same approach as the street corner prophet, claiming the end is near? No one will pay attention to you until something is falling from the sky. What tactic might better suit your desire to communicate that message? If you only wish to say it, and don't care about trying to frame your argument appropriately, how is that helpful to you or your audience?

    Even if you said, "I know there's more, I can't articulate it fully, but this comes close, and this does too, and new research blah blah blah" - that might fuel discussion and open more minds. Your approach currently has the appearance of being almost as dogmatic as you claim the JCF cult followers have ...
    Nobody is going to pay attention anyway. I'm just giving my perspective on this which should tell you that I won't have any of this dogma. So the plan is simply to say "don't push your dogmas on me." I don't listen to religionists at my door either, why should I listen to them on forums? And then of course someone always comes along and says "I'm not like that," just like above. But I'm not addressing that person or persons with my criticisms. If you're not dogmatic then it doesn't apply to you.

    I'll tell you what's interesting about typology is that it opens my mind to new concepts that are not typology related. For example, I've been pondering my boss's personality lately, and tonight it occurred to me that he feels like a failure. He is compensating for feeling like a failure, that's why he has to amass millions of dollars, buy more and more property, be the top dog in his profession - and it's just never enough. One cannot compensate for a spiritual difficulty through materialism. What does this realization have to do with typology? Nothing. But if I hadn't been pondering the issue of his puzzling type the rest might not have occurred to me.

    And if this is such a terrible, awful thread as you stated in someone's comment section, why not ask for it to be closed?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  4. #54
    reborn Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    And if this is such a terrible, awful thread as you stated in someone's comment section, why not ask for it to be closed?
    I wasn't talking about this thread at all. I have replied to that point on your wall already. Your extrapolation on that conversation was inaccurate because it was incomplete.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  5. #55
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I wasn't talking about this thread at all. I have replied to that point on your wall already. Your extrapolation on that conversation was inaccurate because it was incomplete.
    Extrapo... what?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  6. #56
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post

    And if this is such a terrible, awful thread as you stated in someone's comment section, why not ask for it to be closed?
    No more reading Jag's wall.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,156

    Default

    Whatever. I don't read Jag's one-liners. I vote for this "terrible" thread to be closed just to put a stop to the lies.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  8. #58
    reborn Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Whatever. I don't read Jag's one-liners. I vote for this "terrible" thread to be closed just to put a stop to the lies.
    It's so ironic because I am genuinely trying to understand your POV. There is no lie. But, believe what you choose.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  9. #59
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Whatever. I don't read Jag's one-liners. I vote for this thread to be closed just to put a stop to the lies.

    You stole her quote off my wall. Man up.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  10. #60
    reborn Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Extrapo... what?
    You must have me on ignore, or you would have seen my posts on your wall.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Answer them or don't.
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 06:30 PM
  2. [SP] Ask an SP, get a practical answer
    By BlackCat in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
  3. [ISTJ] ISTJ's will you answer this please?
    By cornflakegirl in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
  4. Answer me!
    By Digital Demi-Fiend in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
  5. I am the answer.
    By Rhu in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •