User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What is the biggest compliment/insult someone could give you?

Tell us your type and what would be the biggest compliment and insult that someone could give you?

I am an INFJ. The biggest compliment someone could give me would be to say they love me, or that I am a lot of fun to be around.

The biggest insult would be to say I am not intelligent. I had a crush on a guy for 2 years and then he told me once that I didn't get his jokes because I wasn't smart enough. I didn't laugh at his jokes because they were stupid 1st grader level jokes. That was an instant turn-off and I never liked him again.

MBTI
    INTP

Biggest compliment: a positive comment about my intellect or a piece of intellectual work.

Biggest insult: the reverse - say I'm stupid and we have issues.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Biggest compliments - When people somehow convey to me that I am close to them (i.e. You're definitely one of us), when people point out my efforts (i.e. I noticed that you always show up), and on a more shallow note when people appreciate the way I dress or like my sense of humor.

Biggest insults - When someone mistakes my kindness as weakness, when people are fake (not in the conforming emo-fake definition.. When people pretended to be my friend but really they dislike me, or are trying to get with me, or tried to use me to get to someone else, etc..), or disrespect me (i.e. doing something stupid hoping I'm too stupid to know what's going on).. On a more shallow note, I HATE it when people call me skinny, or mistake my hair for any other color but red. (I want to strangle a kitten when people call me a blond or brunette..)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I haven't encountered an insult that's really hurt me. I find words extremely easy to shake off. The best way to hurt me is to insult my close friends or family, especially if one is female. (special note: that includes a close friend or family member insulting him/herself). It's a little upsetting to me that I feel protective for my female friends, but not my male friends (because I assume the male friends would rather stand up for themselves than have me do it). I might just snap and mess you up.

Compliments don't really have much effect either, unless they're about something I care about, like my intelligence, or my music.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Biggest compliment: a positive comment about my intellect or a piece of intellectual work.

Biggest insult: the reverse - say I'm stupid and we have issues.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    (I want to strangle a kitten when people call me a blond or brunette..)
    LOL! There are a lot of girls I classify as ''not blonde nor brunette''. Red is tricky. I mean, your hair probably isn't like this, you know?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I may not be that smart but I think the stupid/smart (intellect) trend may continue for awhile. That's what I was going to write.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I don't know I can answer that question exactly without going a bit around the question, I apologize

I just know that compliments to my intelligence do NOT make me feel better. In my opinion not because I am an arrogant bastard who "knows it anyway" (I know I am not stupid, but I don't make a genius out of myself), but rather because that seems to be the only thing most people see in me and that is the only thing I ever hear that seems good enough about me to mention. People rarely (directly) appreciate me for anything else, so when I hear again an appreciation for intelligence, it sometimes has even a frustrating effect on me actually (which I show outwardly only in quietness / desinterest, which might be seen either as arrogance or awkwardness, I have no idea). At least it rarely makes me feel better.

Insults... I don't know. I felt insulted by actions more than by words. I rarely got insulted directly by words, and if, then usually not by people I care about, so it didn't do too much to me. I felt often insulted by actions of people I care about though, which show they don't really care about my person or that I do not belong to their closer circle.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Compliment: You have a sexy brain.

Insult: Are you an INTJ?
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

insult: "you look like a junkie" after the initial shock, I responded "omg, are you serious?!" then I thanked them and immediately went home and re-did my image, got dressier clothes and started straightening my hair. it was such a shock to me, I thought I was so sophisticated and well dressed...but I guess I wasn't lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFJ

Compliments: I like being told that I'm entertaining, smart, hilarious and clever. (; I feel complimented when people are appreciative of the things I do for them, a little paragraph-worth of words from someone telling me how important or helpful I am can totally make my day.

Insults: I hate when people tell me or make me feel like I'm boring to be around, I'm EXTREMELY insulted when people blow off our plans for no good excuse, it makes me feel disliked. Telling me that my cleavage is the only thing important about me is a good way to get on my bad side, hitting on all of my friends but not me when I'm there also insults me for some reason beyond me, I think it makes me feel like I'm the "ugly friend".
    Your epidermis is showing. <3