• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the biggest compliment/insult someone could give you?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The greatest compliment is validation that I'm doing well in an area I really believe in. When I think of you, I think "courage", I can count on you to be real, you are intelligent. Being told that I am trustworthy is a big deal. Invoking potential also feels good, as I found out today: you have so much energy inside, it's all in how you use that passion.

Being told that I am only pretending or do not follow my own ethical values hits extremely hard. If it's true, you have the salt in the wound factor: the discrepancy was certainly the most emotionally demanding and troubling thing on my mind before anyone confirmed it.

Another bad one is having your future predicted, which "There will be no place for you in the world to come" falls under. You will never experience love. You will always be alone. You'll come crying back to me when it doesn't work out.

The worst insult I can imagine, period? Being called boring by somone you have opened your inner world up to completely.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Compliment: "You are morally competent."
Insult: "You are morally incompetent."

baccheion

Complement: saying something about me that is positive and true, while having no agenda or ulterior motive.
Insult: saying something about me that isn't true, especially the usual about me being cold, uncaring, or a sociopath.

Luckily insults don't affect me very much, except perhaps making me annoyed at your stupidity.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A certain poster on this forum is doing an excellent job at nailing the insults because they are unflagging, impersonal insults about labels I identify with. It's infuriating. It'd be brilliant if they were actually trying to enrage me. Unfortunately they have no idea, but I still have the impulse desire to yank all their bodily hairs out one by painful, tiny one.