User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I was exasperated with a girl online but didn't want to flame her, so I was honest and told her she sounded like "a thoroughly modern and up-to-date woman". For me, that would have been an insult. But she replied with a genuine, "Aww... thanks for the compliment!"

The best compliment I've received recently: "I feel safe with you."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The worst insult is boring.

And the best compliment is amusing.
    You are never boring Victor and you are sometimes amusing.

Permabanned

Compliment: At least you are trying. (Because, in general, it's the truth...so at least they aren't lying to me..)
    Insult: I just don't think you are capable of understanding it/this. (If someone said this to me it's pretty much gloves off, it crosses a line in my book..)

MBTI
    I?FP

Compliment: "You're doing good things"--or, "you're a good guy".

Insult: "You're fake"--pretty much the last thing I would ever want to be. Or "selfish".

Or "You're too neurotic"--precisely because it's true, and I'm painfully aware of the fact that it's true, already.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Compliments: I like all compliments but I think my favorite compliments that I've ever received have been about being driven or accomplished and about my appearance (sorry, I know that sounds shallow)!

Insults: Hmm, I'd say that the worst insults are the ones that aren't true but are said by someone wanting to tear you down to save face. There's no coming back from that, at least with me, so it leaves you unable to repair the relationship or reframe the person in a positive way in your mind. And if the comment is completely untrue, there's no way you can use it as a personal growth experience. So, it's just bad.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't really take well to compliments when I'm not looking for them.

As for insults, I don't think there's something anyone can say that would ever insult me. I'm not offended easily.

INTJ

Biggest compliment: "You're funny."

Biggest insult: "You're not intelligent." I particularly loathe the variety where some self-righteous ass tells me I "need to get educated" because my opinion doesn't match up with theirs. Those words are guaranteed to set me off every single time. I can't stand people who assume that anyone open-minded and in full possession of the facts will inevitably agree with them, and that since you don't agree with them you must be closed-minded and ignorant.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Insult: lazy/don't do enough

Compliment: helped someone achieve a personal goal or better their circumstances (mental, emotional, economical, romantic, etc.)
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Interesting insults I've heard include "may you live in interesting times" and "there is no place for you in the world to come" one is eastern/oriental and the other is Jewish.

Both really mean you'll may you have the shittest time imaginable.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Insult: lazy/don't do enough

Compliment: helped someone achieve a personal goal or better their circumstances (mental, emotional, economical, romantic, etc.)
    Allegations of laziness used to do it for me too, still do sometimes, especially when combined with sectarianism. Last time I was really angry with someone online followed their posting lots and lots of views about Roman Catholics being more inclined towards benefit fraud, sickness (with pay) and doing so for political reasons (anti-government action) on the orders of priests. Its at that point a blood boiling "fuck you and your protestant ascendency" kind of enters into my mind but it generally fades quickly enough when I reflect upon the fact that all of this kind of thinking is pretty seriously dated, in other contexts it'd probably be some "good old boys" complaining about how the country club has finally begun to admit jews, blacks and catho-lics.

Yup. Those sorts of mindsets have no place in the world to come, they can all live in interesting times