User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Off the top of my head:

Compliments:
    - "I see how much you have been doing for me/us/them/whoever recently, and I just wanted to make sure that you didn't go unrecognized for it. You are doing an amazing job and we could not have done this without you."
    - "You're such a level-headed person and you give really good advice"
    - Telling me the opposite of an insecurity, e.g. calling me beautiful <3
    - "You're so wonderful. Don't ever change."
    ^I actually got this one once and I will never forget it.

Insults:
    - Accusing me of being the opposite of anything that I take pride in being, e.g. trustworthy, hard-working, principled, respectful, rational, responsible, etc.
    - Confirming any of my insecurities, e.g. calling me arrogant, cold, uncaring, ugly, unworthy of respect or love or appreciation, etc.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Compliment: You are a great person. (great could be great, terrific, awesome, whatever)

Insult: somehow question honesty/integrity i guess...

Compliments about my ability to do something well or about something I've put a lot of thought and effort into are always well regarded in my book.

I'd say it's pretty hard to insult me, but if you really want to piss me off just be condescending or question my competency and intelligence with no good reason for doing so.

Compliment: I know exactly what you mean.
    Insult: I know exactly what you mean.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Biggest compliment: Probably anything that I felt was 'genuine', but more specifically complimenting something I don't already see in myself. Such as 'you have great fashion sense' or 'you're really talented at _____'. The stuff I'm not aware of tends to stick with me for longer because I kind of have to reflect on it and go, 'hm...really? thanks!'

Biggest insult: Anything along the lines of 'You're not ______ enough.' D:
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Compliment: you are rational, creative, give good advice, are good at this skill (dance, music, science, etc), you are REALLY really smart...no really, one of the smartest people I have ever met. You are really pretty.

I'd like to talk to you more.

Insult: you are an idiot, you are IRRATIONAL, you are fat, you'll never make it anywhere, you aren't above a 7 on a 1-10 scale of attractiveness, you aren't very good at that, you are overconfident, I don't think you can do that. You don't care.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm not sure I deal with compliments all that well. I'm mostly uncomfortable with it. I'm a perfectionist and I don't think I deserve it half of the time, and the times when I really would wish to hear something it is never said (at least to my face).
    Sometimes, I do get something good, though. I think "I love you" is the best compliment a man can ever get from someone. I have gotten that, even if it proved to be false. It did give me a taste of how real love will feel, though, since I wasn't aware it wasn't real.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

The worst insult is boring.

And the best compliment is amusing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Something along the lines of "You're so different" or "You're so interesting" would really be a stroke to my ego. The worst insult would probably be to call me insincere or say that I lack integrity.

However, I become uncomfortable with compliments if I feel that what I just did wasn't worthy of such praise, like performing a piece of music and knowing I could have done better, or fucked up a passage completely. Every good word about it will just be full of pity to me, but of course I don't show it. Maybe they genuinly liked it. But me, I'm just too perfectionistic in some ways.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I've received several really nice compliments this week, the best being 'Sas, you are so strong in your mind' Awww.

The insult i've received this week was from work. They wanted me to just sit at a computer for 7.5 hours a day for the entire week and do one thing only which can be completed in 2 hours. Utilise my strengths darn it, don't practically leave me in a cage to wither away *shudders*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe