User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the biggest compliment/insult someone could give you?

Compliment: Something positive about my personality (eg. "You're cool").

Insult: I'm not easily insulted since I tend to take criticism well. I am unable to feel insulted or angry if the insult is true, because then I can just accept it and say, "Yeah, you're probably right," and then I withdraw and may or may not proceed to feel bad about myself. But if the insult isn't true then I can be very insulted. The worst for me would probably be if someone calls me stupid or lazy, or tells me I have no personality.

9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I am an INFJ. The biggest compliment someone could give me would be to say they love me, or that I am a lot of fun to be around.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Biggest compliments: "You're lovable" (I know how sappy that sounds...but it's true); "you're very caring"; "you go out of your way for others"; "you're doing your best and succeeding quite well" (that may not sound like much, but it's also true); "you have a beautiful soul" (oooohhhh...sorry for all the sappiness!! But still true!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Compliment - well, basically anything having to do with the other person liking ME - some character trait or quality about myself. I just... don't really get that sort of thing. I tend to be complimented over things/actions/deliverables that I excel at. I'm complimented on 'results', I guess, and things that I do and accomplish... but I very rarely am complimented on any core trait. I'd love to be complimented on particular traits. (Not that I don't appreciate any sort of compliment, though. ).
    Pattern noted INFJs, pattern well noted!

The biggest compliment to me would be someone telling me that they wanted to get to know me and then taking working out how to get past my barriers in order to do so.

I'm damn near impossible to insult but I would shut down to someone who presumed to tell me who I am or what I think, especially when I have told them otherwise. That and judging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    The biggest insult would be to say I am not intelligent. I had a crush on a guy for 2 years and then he told me once that I didn't get his jokes because I wasn't smart enough. I didn't laugh at his jokes because they were stupid 1st grader level jokes. That was an instant turn-off and I never liked him again.
    Let me guess...young ENTP male? Or maybe INTJ?

The biggest insult anyone ever gave me was, "CzeCze, when did you become so pedestrian and BORING"

I was so pissed. First, I was shocked because I'm anything but commonplace (yes I am a unique wonderful snowflake - now shut it, haterz ). No one has EVER said or insinuated anything like that to me before or since then. So I had to laugh. He was purposely trying to insult me, not because he thought I was being boring, but well, let's just say he was peeved.

He was/is ESFP so I think he was able to intuitively pinpoint the thing that would bug me most in that moment.

My ISTJ friend laughed about it too, "Dang, he really got you good, because you're STILL talking about it!"

Best compliment - hmmm, I'm not gonna tell you! Because you're gonna take something special and beautiful to me and twist it into a bad type joke. So there!!!?!?!

'Kay that was fun.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

When someone called me "ineffective/incompetent" recently, I was surprised how much it offended me. Actually started welling up while waiting for the train home.

biggest compliments:
    - "I've never told anyone this before."
    - "I feel like I can tell you anything."
    - "I feel safe/accepted/understood with you."
    - "You have a beautiful heart." (oh so sappy )

- Being thought of as different in a good way
    - Having any personal creation appreciated
    - The Holy Grail: being accepted by someone after I've shown them all of my self, which is an unbelievably difficult thing for me to do.

biggest insults:
    Anything that makes me feel misunderstood, or empty, or without value, or irreparably flawed and unforgivable as a person.

My type's somewhere between ISFJ and ISFP; I can't tell the difference anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Biggest compliment/s:
    'You're amazing just the way you are'
    'I dunno why I told you that, but I'm glad I did.Thanks for listening.'
    'I feel safe to tell you anything, knowing you won't judge.'

7w6 sx/so
    ENFp None

Such an ENFP 4w3 thing....

Compliment: That someone feels connected to me. That I'm special. That I'm irresistible. The best I've ever received was that I was "wonderfully natural".
    Insult: I hate being called a bitch. That you don't care how I feel. That I'm immoral. I hate when people tell ME that THEY "know" what MY motives are better than I do.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Anew Leaf

INFP 4w? sx/sp:

• anything acknowledging that I have been a good friend to someone makes my heart sing.
    • anything that showcases how my little galaxy of molecules and soul dust has made their life extra special. x200
    • I love youz, and stuff. x infinity and beyond

• dismiss my thoughts and feelings.
    • accuse me of an untruth.

6w5 sx/sp

I hate being called delusional, or a bitch. Slut really pisses me off too, just because I hate the way people call girls "slut" as an insult.

I like being called competent, and being acknowledged for doing a good job.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

It's contingent upon whom is paying me the compliment or trying to insult me. And the reasons why. A genuine, personalized compliment, or a justified insult from someone I care about will land.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar

This one has to come close to the biggest compliment I've ever received.