User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What types are offended by the MBTI?

Some people I know love the MBTI and some act offended, like we are not supposed to know that much about them. So which types are likely to be offended by the MBTI?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFPs, in my observation, balk at the entire concept of MBTI more than anyone else I've seen. They tend to find the Te nature of putting people in boxes highly offensive to their Fi individuality.

In fact, I think I may know an INFP dude IRL because he started FREAKING OUT last night when I had barely even explained Jungian types to him. My ESFJ guy friend was sitting there with me like "OMGZ LULZ WTF" because the possible-INFP started getting butthurt before he even understood what we were trying to tell him. It was very strange. I thought he might be INTP up until that point, but now I don't think so at all.

Other than that, it varies. I think Feelers may be more likely to get offended when someone else tells them they've misyped themselves.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Probably the denial types - 7,8, & 9.
    Anyone who views themselves one way, and doesn't want to admit the truth, in general.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Probably the denial types - 7,8, & 9.
    Anyone who views themselves one way, and doesn't want to admit the truth, in general.
    Aren't the denial types 7, 9 and 3?

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Some people I know love the MBTI and some act offended, like we are not supposed to know that much about them. So which types are likely to be offended by the MBTI?
    With all the different theories, endless count of types.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Aren't the denial types 7, 9 and 3?
    I just found this:

The Instinctive Triad: Types eight, nine, and one are concerned with maintaining resistance to reality (creating boundaries for the self that are based on physical tensions). These types tend to have problems with aggression and repression.

I know I read this somewhere, but I can't find it now.

I think perhaps that 7 could be seen as a denial type because they are denying their problems at times, and wouldn't want to admit the negatives about themselves.

3's I can also see as a denial type....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The two people that I've introduced to the MBTI, that were the most resistant to it, were ISFP (suspected) and ISFJ (confirmed).

The ISFJ read some descriptions and everything went in one ear and out the other except for a brief usage of the word "secretary", as a possible career choice, which must have touched a nerve with her because she absolutely flipped out at me, talking about how stupid the test was and how could anyone take it seriously.

The ISFP said, and I quote: "I already know myself. I don't need someone else to tell me who I am."

I agree about INFPs, though -- especially from my experience on this forum.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I was at that MBTI workshop once and there was that girl who scored as ESTP or ESTJ I think. She was quite ruffled about the T, because it sounded to her as if she would be like a robot without emotions (most people at that workshop didn't know about MBTI before so they didn't quite understand it yet). I thought she might start crying soon.

ReflecTcelfeR

An INFP I know thinks this is ridiculous, or at least I suspect he does. So chalk it up to Fi-users, at least they're in the lead.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Uh... or maybe they don't want to be pigeonholed for something they're not. I hope you considered this.