User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I don't disagree with that at all, I was just being facetious.

    *crawls back in hole*
    Haha...well, I actually think there's truth to what you say, of course...and some people benefit from group therapy with a plethora of "real people" more than others, who may require a more intensely private one-on-one style of therapy.

    Now give me my baking powder back.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Haha...well, I actually think there's truth to what you say, of course...and some people benefit from group therapy with a plethora of "real people" more than others, who may require a more intensely private one-on-one style of therapy.

    Now give me my baking powder back.
    I think the main thing preventing me from genuinely recognizing that this forum houses any sort of therapeutic value the lack of actual resolutions and accountability. If anything, I see the sharing here as just constructive venting. Here, we're only just broaching the surface of the problem, which in most cases manifests itself only in very isolated incidents, yet never really exploring the psychological root of the problem, which is just providing a temporary solution to a problem that's still existent. I see more people just looking for that element of human connection, as opposed to any sort of really healing, not to say that can't be found within the human connection, but I think the problems generally extend beyond that. The exchanges are more "Hey, at the very least I identify with what you're saying and you aren't alone in these experiences." as opposed to going much further beyond the surface.

    Also, I think most people here are able to allow themselves to be as open as they are because here they exist as merely an anonymous extension of their actual selves, thus there's always an element of detachment from whatever they're saying, but maybe that's something exclusive to the T's though. When you're analyzing yourself from a perspective outside of yourself, it's much easier to be open.

    But again, I could be totally wrong on this one as this is all my interpretation of all, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who do actually view this as a therapeutic experience.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I think the main thing preventing me from genuinely recognizing that this forum houses any sort of therapeutic value the lack of actual resolutions and accountability. If anything, I see the sharing here as just constructive venting. Here, we're only just broaching the surface of the problem, which in most cases manifests itself only in very isolated incidents, yet never really exploring the psychological root of the problem, which is just providing a temporary solution to a problem that's still existent. I see more people just looking for that element of human connection, as opposed to any sort of really healing, not to say that can't be found within the human connection, but I think the problems generally extend beyond that. The exchanges are more "Hey, at the very least I identify with what you're saying and you aren't alone in these experiences." as opposed to going much further beyond the surface.

    Also, I think most people here are able to allow themselves to be as open as they are because here they exist as merely an anonymous extension of their actual selves, thus there's always an element of detachment from whatever they're saying, but maybe that's something exclusive to the T's though. When you're analyzing yourself from a perspective outside of yourself, it's much easier to be open.

    But again, I could be totally wrong on this one as this is all my interpretation of all, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who do actually view this as a therapeutic experience.
    Everyone is their own best therapist, and you only get out of therapy what you invest into it, and that includes more traditonal individual counseling. That's why there are people who stay on their meds, and people who don't, and people who don't seem to get much out of therapy, and others who heal tremendously.

    I've also been through experential group encounters with confrontational therapy, and it's a similar concept. You get out what you put in. It will all change you a little, but the people who are changed a lot are the people who put more into it.

    This forum helps me to reflect and get feedback and reflect some more, so I would say that it's definitely helped me to grow, though I mostly use it for socializing and also debating ideas, I've learned a great deal about myself and other people and relationships by being here.

    Typology Central isn't a subsitute for a real therapist (btw, I have a real therapist myself, so...) but it's better than nothing.

    The people who don't change are the people who don't invest anything into it, or else have such deep problems that they actually need one-on-one therapy and possibly medication.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lily flower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    931

    Default

    I guess it seems like therapy because it makes me feel like I am OK. I read about other people who are thinking or feeling the same things as me, and it makes me feel better. I also read about other people with other points of view and it makes me understand other people better as well. I also love the semi-autonimity, because I can talk about things that I normally couldn't with other people.

  5. #15
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry HhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no really sorry bahahahahahahahahaha sorry i apolo hahaha gize honestly.
    I wasn't sure how I was going to respond, but I guess this was the closest......
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #16
    Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I think the main thing preventing me from genuinely recognizing that this forum houses any sort of therapeutic value the lack of actual resolutions and accountability. If anything, I see the sharing here as just constructive venting. Here, we're only just broaching the surface of the problem, which in most cases manifests itself only in very isolated incidents, yet never really exploring the psychological root of the problem, which is just providing a temporary solution to a problem that's still existent. I see more people just looking for that element of human connection, as opposed to any sort of really healing, not to say that can't be found within the human connection, but I think the problems generally extend beyond that. The exchanges are more "Hey, at the very least I identify with what you're saying and you aren't alone in these experiences." as opposed to going much further beyond the surface.
    True.

    However, to people like myself, who have never tried any counseling nor can afford to have one--has a infinite therapeutic value. I can't describe how much benefit I've been receiving from posting and interacting with a few members. More specifically, Marmie, Starryknights, and Silkroad has offered me many emotional uplifting moments when life hits me with a brick. I know it's probably my Fe working up again, but I truly appreciate those few posters who have shared their insights with me and helped me going through some of the darkest moments I've ever experienced.

    Also, I think most people here are able to allow themselves to be as open as they are because here they exist as merely an anonymous extension of their actual selves, thus there's always an element of detachment from whatever they're saying, but maybe that's something exclusive to the T's though. When you're analyzing yourself from a perspective outside of yourself, it's much easier to be open.
    That's what I liked the most about this site. It's not only because of the anonymonity but also I'm quite surprised to see many posters here are actually serious about answering each others' questions or discussions. I've always felt disconnected when it comes to sharing my deep, inner-voice with people in real life as most of the time I felt they just didn't get it. Though in here, since we're quite familiar of each other's preceiving functions, it certainly helps to communicate more effectively.

    The best part is that not only I've learned about my actual flaws are basically just part of integration of my true self, but learn how to overcome it by reading what others have to share their inner-struggles.


    But again, I could be totally wrong on this one as this is all my interpretation of all, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who do actually view this as a therapeutic experience.
    I think for most introverts or extrovert-introverts, this site does provide many helpful resources across the board.

  7. #17
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I come here for the same reason people go to the zoo.



  8. #18
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Yeah, essentially I find this place very therapeutic. To me it's kind of a little interpersonal holodeck where I can see and be a part of all kinds of interactions that are more varied and concentrated here than irl. You have to take into account that people behave differently online, but that just ends up increasing the range of things to experience. People open up easier, reach out easier and flame easier.

    I always end up learning more about myself. That's pretty therapeutic.

  9. #19
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I guess it seems like therapy because it makes me feel like I am OK. I read about other people who are thinking or feeling the same things as me, and it makes me feel better. I also read about other people with other points of view and it makes me understand other people better as well. I also love the semi-autonimity, because I can talk about things that I normally couldn't with other people.
    me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    True.

    However, to people like myself, who have never tried any counseling nor can afford to have one--has a infinite therapeutic value. I can't describe how much benefit I've been receiving from posting and interacting with a few members. More specifically, Marmie, Starryknights, and Silkroad has offered me many emotional uplifting moments when life hits me with a brick. I know it's probably my Fe working up again, but I truly appreciate those few posters who have shared their insights with me and helped me going through some of the darkest moments I've ever experienced.



    That's what I liked the most about this site. It's not only because of the anonymonity but also I'm quite surprised to see many posters here are actually serious about answering each others' questions or discussions. I've always felt disconnected when it comes to sharing my deep, inner-voice with people in real life as most of the time I felt they just didn't get it. Though in here, since we're quite familiar of each other's preceiving functions, it certainly helps to communicate more effectively.

    The best part is that not only I've learned about my actual flaws are basically just part of integration of my true self, but learn how to overcome it by reading what others have to share their inner-struggles.




    I think for most introverts or extrovert-introverts, this site does provide many helpful resources across the board.


    you also, and i agree completely.

    it's what you make of it, i figure. it's therapy, a sounding board, a playpen, an intellectual debate, a social gathering.

    what i have learned here about how to better interact with others has been invaluable. my relationships with INTPs and NFJs in particular have improved immensely since the forum opened my world to points of view whose existence i could not grasp previously. i have learned to think in new ways.

  10. #20
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    This place is more like a playground than a therapy session.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 09:44 AM
  2. What is Typology Central's Alignment?
    By 011235813 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
  3. Who is the biggest flirt on Typology Central?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 304
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 07:04 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:47 PM
  5. How cool is typology central
    By cooliogirly1000 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO