• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cal Lightman and Patrick Jane.

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Sure, why not?

Look up a psychologist named Ekman (I forget his first name) who claims to be able to train anyone to recognize microexpressions that reveal when someone is lying or hiding something.

G

Ginkgo

Yes. It's not foolproof, and the show embellishes it in the typical Hollywood way, but it's based of the real deal.

G

Glycerine

Cal Lightman is based off the real Paul Elkman. Elkman is an expert on facial expressions, emotions, and deception. In order to be able to do this, one has to highly observant, know what to look for and be able to make the connections. Those facial expressions/bodily signs that you see at the beginning of Lie to Me are actually what high govt officials (like FBI) and airport officials/department of Homeland Security are taught as tools to detect suspicious behavior. I have my sources. :devil:

Illmatic

how can i get familiar with his studies? Does he have books or do they teach this in college/university? Where can i learn?