• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If a gun is held to someone....

Illmatic

someone is going to shoot another person. Considering the person could be any of the 16 types, what would each type do?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
DUNNO, you don't have many options in that situation no matter what your personality is. unless you have psychokinetic powers or great karate skills you don't have much leeway.

Atomic Fiend

ESTJ Get shot
ESFJ Get shot
ISTJ Get shot
ISFJ Get shot
ESTP Get shot
ESFP Get shot
ISTP Get shot
ISFP Get shot
ENTJ Get shot
ENFJ Get shot
INTJ Get shot
INFJ Get shot
ENTP Get shot
ENFP Get shot
INTP Get shot
INFP Get shot

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it depends on the individual and the surrounding circumstances... these threads are all the same :doh:

(and the same answer applies in all of them! :holy:)

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maybe a better question, what does each type think as the gun is held to them. For example, a certain type, I won't say which, is going to think they can stop the bullet using mind tricks. While another, again no saying, will think think something to the effect of "God, can't I at least get high one last time". Another vanishes in spirit from their body, another dreams of the astral plane. Another pulls a leftover sandwich from their pocket as their life flashes before their eyes.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're now Stepford members. :wink:

and now I recall why I moved out of the suburbs! :doh:

and selling things is dear to my heart... that's why the panhandlers at the gas station that I always stop by on my way from the office actively avoid asking me for change :blush:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think there needs to be more detail in this hypothetical situation. Because as written, the answer would be "It's too complicated to be type-specific" -- just like everyone's been saying. :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it depends on the individual and the surrounding circumstances... these threads are all the same :doh:

(and the same answer applies in all of them! :holy:)

Yes, plus a facepalm eventually associated.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ - Turn the gun holder into a follower and then inspire him to go to school and better himself.
ISTJ - Jump on him and smack him in the head with the gun.
INFJ - Get in a conversation with him about all the traumas he went through as a child that led him to this moment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTJ Get shot
ESFJ Get shot
ISTJ Get shot
ISFJ Get shot
ESTP Get shot
ESFP Get shot
ISTP Get shot
ISFP Get shot
ENTJ Get shot
ENFJ Get shot
INTJ Get shot
INFJ Get shot
ENTP Get shot
ENFP Get shot
INTP Get shot
INFP Get shot

LMFAO

+111111000000

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ - Turn the gun holder into a follower and then inspire him to go to school and better himself.
ISTJ - Jump on him and smack him in the head with the gun.
INFJ - Get in a conversation with him about all the traumas he went through as a child that led him to this moment.
That's a good way to interpret the question. :yes: "A gun was held up to someone (of each type), and they successfully thwarted the attack. How do they do it?"

I like those xNFJ answers. :)

ESTP: Cons the gun holder out of their gun... as well as their shoes, and the entire contents of their wallet
IxTP: Gets the gun holder to let them join their criminal enterprise, only to disarm them as soon as they gain their trust
ENTP: Tricks the gun holder into surrendering, by claiming to be a high-ranking intelligence figure with snipers pointing at the building and a SWAT team en route
ENTJ: Was very well prepared, due to reading several books on hostage negotiation beforehand
xNFP: Sizes them up, finds their insecurities, and Te-bitchslaps them so hard that they drop the gun and run away crying

CalebJamesConnor

MBTI Type
ENTP
One might wonder: Is the gun is actually loaded? Is this gunman's hand trembling? Is he sweating? Does he have tunnel vision? Am I close enough to reach his gun hand? What can I say to get closer to his gun hand? Will anyone around us be hurt if he squeezes off a shot? Which angle can I move his gun hand away from my occupied space that will result in the least amount of damage? Have I been thinking too long? Well... here goes nuthin'.

That would sum it up for me. Nothing good will transpire if you just let it happen.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
IN_P: Walk away, only to learn much later that someone was holding a gun to them.

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Does she/he have to inflict a fatal wound ? Cause if not that sounds like fun heuheuheuehue ...

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ~ Guilt-trip them.
INFJ~ Shut down, creep them out so badly with that frozen expression that the gunperson drops the gun and runs screaming from the room.
ESFJ~ Inform them that their ancestors weep in shame at their actions.
ISTP~ Take them down, consider shooting everyone else anyway.
ESTP~ Run a con.
ESFP... of either sex~ Seduce them.
INTJ~ Planned for this.
ENTJ~ (Tries to) shout them down.
ISTJ~ Panic button long since pressed. Finds an obvious solution.
ESTJ~ Rant about how it's an outrageous conspiracy. Possibly the first one shot.
ENFJ~ Converts the gunperson into one of their cult members.
INFP~ is with the fairies. If the gunperson is mean, they may be provoked into unexpected physical violence.
ENFP~ Ne-Te bitchslap, baby.
ISFP~ Tries to calm the guy down. Plans an awesome art project for if/when they get out.
INTP~ Considers doing something. Puts it off 'till later.
ENTP~ TWo possible outcomes: either they creatively insult the gunperson and are shot almost immediately, or they manipulate them into surrendering.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ~ Shut down, creep them out so badly with that frozen expression that the gunperson drops the gun and runs screaming from the room.
:laugh: Yes. I have an ENFJ friend who does this to people. Thank goodness I haven't been on his bad side yet!!
ESFJ~ Inform them that their ancestors weep in shame at their actions.
Or just say "What would your mother think of the way you've turned out??" -- prompting a flashback to the gunman's childhood; and pretty soon the gunman is hugging the ESFJ and the ESFJ is comforting them, while behind their back signaling for someone else to call the authorities.
INTJ~ Planned for this.
:yes: As did the ISTP.
ESTJ~ Rant about how it's an outrageous conspiracy. Possibly the first one shot.
Nah, you're thinking INFJs. :yes: We aren't the conspiracy theorists.

ESTJ - Issues a Citizen's Arrest. Whether they're shot or not, as a result of that, depends on how much the ESTJ has learned from watching every season of "24" at least fifty times
INTP~ Considers doing something. Puts it off 'till later.
ENTP~ TWo possible outcomes: either they creatively insult the gunperson and are shot almost immediately, or they manipulate them into surrendering.
:yes: