User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the crazier of them all?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

16 23.88%
  • INFPs

35 52.24%
  • Ah... no. Just no. Only Es can be crazy.

16 23.88%
First 56789 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well, they are introverts, so they don't always make it terribly clear, unlike ExTJs who present it to you on a silver platter. still, when you find it, at least it's a whole, coherent system. it still has rules.

Fi, on the other hand... i mean, it has rules too, but its rules are much less clear. i like to think of the J functions as rulers - Te (obj, obj) uses a ruler whose units are derived from an outside measure (like the length of a chestnut) and always remains the same no matter what you are measuring. Fe (obj, subj) also uses outside measures, but its units may change depending on what you're measuring. (like equating a B from a really good school to an A from a mediocre one). then there's Ti (subj, obj), whose units stay the same but are made up by the person doing the measuring. and finally, there's Fi (subj, subj), whose units are created internally and change based on the situation.

this yields Fi some unique advantages but also makes it doubly removed from stable external reality - hence its users taking the crazy cake.
    I think Marm brought up the point I was trying to get at specifically, and said it quiet nicely. The Ti logic is cohesive, but not necessarily sane and as such can have the same crazy-ness as the INFP. I think both can be equally seen as crazy if they abandon the only function they use to judge the outside world, like you have pointed out. In the end we agree. I'm just trying to point out the equality. Ti will be consistent in their "logical reasoning" making it stubborn and scary, while Fi can go bat-shit crazy and destroy like a wildfire and be equally scary for a different, but equal reason... The subjectivity and fluctuation of values when new information is presented to them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ true for basically all P-introverts, though, isn't it? true for all of us if we let go of our stabilizing functions and set our dominant loose. IxxPs will get lost in their own little worlds, ExxPs will get lost in the big universal world, IxxJs will get lost in endless contemplation, ExxJs will get lost in endless delegation...

still think if you select an INFP at random and an INTP at random they'll both be quiet and socially awkward but the INFP is more likely to be crazy.

in a good way.

ReflecTcelfeR

That's why these threads never really have a point beyond eventually everyone agreeing we all go equally as crazy for different reasons.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just can't buy into any of it because I've known utterly wacko SJs and I just have too much experience with being around personality disorders, neurosis, mentally ill people, and so forth, to think that INFPs are necessarily crazier.

Crazier than what? An ESTJ in a Te/Ne loop? A violent ESFJ with BPD? An ISTJ with bipolar disorder? An ESFP with a drinking or drug problem who has crashed three cars?

"Crazy" is a really non-descript word, in all seriousness, and has no psychiatric relevance. INFPs are just more likely to be all fanciful and living in their own little world and being mystical and possibly spiritual.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hah. i didn't even think of it in terms of clinical crazy. i was just thinking "oh man she is batshit" crazy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Stop trolling. Marm speaks the truth.
    but its fun
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh so you must think that ExFPs are "foolish."

Ti can be impressive, but it can also be annoying and dull. It's a cognitive personality difference.
    I don't know who would find faulty or disconnected Ti impressive simply by virtue of being Ti. Perhaps a Fe-dom? I've got aspirational Ti for you, ladies! <looks around hopefully>

I'm just illustrating that Ti/Ne can be crazy too, and to deny that seems more than a bit "off."
    I'm not actually claiming that we're sane, just that we're harmless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm an INFP and I think INFPs are most likely to look "crazy". But we're not! It's just... random thoughts. And people listening to us think "What the hell?!". But it's true, everybody can be crazy in his own way.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by iris.moon View Post
    I'm an INFP and I think INFPs are most likely to look "crazy". But we're not! It's just... random thoughts. And people listening to us think "What the hell?!". But it's true, everybody can be crazy in his own way.
    so you seem crazy because you have crazy thoughts, but you arent crazy?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Everyone requires help in some way or another. I don't think it's a matter of who's crazy or not but more so who needs more assistance. And for me that'll have to be the INFPs.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.