User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the crazier of them all?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

16 23.88%
  • INFPs

35 52.24%
  • Ah... no. Just no. Only Es can be crazy.

16 23.88%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If you're not able to observe any truth it that, there may be something wrong with you.

I'm able to see ENFP flaws, if you can't see INTP or INTJ flaws, that's kind of disturbing.
    ENFPs have Ti as trickster; so I suppose it's typologically right and proper for an ENFP to complain about Ti being used to trick people. But I find that foolish people usually find Ti annoying and dull rather than impressive, and anyone impressed by big words like synchronicity and antediluvian will be impressed by anything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ehhh. i think INFP.

i have 2 INTPs in the close family. the INTPs are definitely a little insane in their own little meticulous ways but at least they're logic-bound, even if you have to dig fairly deep to figure out exactly what system of logic they're using.

not that i don't love INFPs. i just think that they're generally crazier.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ehhh. i think INFP.

i have 2 INTPs in the close family. the INTPs are definitely a little insane in their own little meticulous ways but at least they're logic-bound, even if you have to dig fairly deep to figure out exactly what system of logic they're using.

not that i don't love INFPs. i just think that they're generally crazier.
    I think that's the very reason why INTP's can be so crazy. When does searching for their logic become... Crazy? Hopefully you shouldn't have to search for it, that's why it's logical.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

So Ti is much more grounding than Fi. I think you'd find that between ENFPs and ENTPs, ENFPs are the crazier of the two, though in my experience it is very even.
    5 3 9

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Offog View Post
    ENFPs have Ti as trickster; so I suppose it's typologically right and proper for an ENFP to complain about Ti being used to trick people. But I find that foolish people usually find Ti annoying and dull rather than impressive, and anyone impressed by big words like synchronicity and antediluvian will be impressed by anything.
    Oh so you must think that ExFPs are "foolish."

Ti can be impressive, but it can also be annoying and dull. It's a cognitive personality difference.

I'm just illustrating that Ti/Ne can be crazy too, and to deny that seems more than a bit "off."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Stop trolling. Marm speaks the truth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I think that's the very reason why INTP's can be so crazy. When does searching for their logic become... Crazy? Hopefully you shouldn't have to search for it, that's why it's logical.
    well, they are introverts, so they don't always make it terribly clear, unlike ExTJs who present it to you on a silver platter. still, when you find it, at least it's a whole, coherent system. it still has rules.

Fi, on the other hand... i mean, it has rules too, but its rules are much less clear. i like to think of the J functions as rulers - Te (obj, obj) uses a ruler whose units are derived from an outside measure (like the length of a chestnut) and always remains the same no matter what you are measuring. Fe (obj, subj) also uses outside measures, but its units may change depending on what you're measuring. (like equating a B from a really good school to an A from a mediocre one). then there's Ti (subj, obj), whose units stay the same but are made up by the person doing the measuring. and finally, there's Fi (subj, subj), whose units are created internally and change based on the situation.

this yields Fi some unique advantages but also makes it doubly removed from stable external reality - hence its users taking the crazy cake.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    So Ti is much more grounding than Fi. I think you'd find that between ENFPs and ENTPs, ENFPs are the crazier of the two, though in my experience it is very even.
    kind of depends on what way... ENTPs like to experiment... probably in truth ENFPs are crazier but ENTPs get into more trouble because they have to try it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Something being a whole, coherent system does not make it necessarily correct or realistic.

That is my point.

The primary thing I learned from academic writing is that you can shine shit and twist facts, and as long as you present it in the appropriate Ti/Si format with interesting analysis, you can sell people pretty preposterous things, or at least things which have absolutely nothing to do with anything REAL.

I don't think there's anything inherently less realistic about Fi than Ti. It is the extroverted functions, like Se and Te and Fe, that have a better grip on what is external.

However, you could say that INFPs who utterly reject inferior Te could very well reject factual information. I have witnessed that, and that too is annoying.

But again, what I see the danger in is the person who thinks that just because they happen to have a logical Ti/Si system that that in any way would indicate that it's actually true or correct.

Perhaps the biggest problems are with Ti/Si loops.

I think any type of person can be sane or crazy. ExFPs probably appear to be the least in control. Either ExFPs or ESxPs, or both for different reasons.

But "in control" and "reserved" =/= "sane."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But "in control" and "reserved" =/= "sane."

as the INTJs on the site can well attest!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    as the INTJs on the site can well attest!
    Boy howdy.

Just kidding...sort of.