User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the crazier of them all?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

    16 23.88%
  • INFPs

    35 52.24%
  • Ah... no. Just no. Only Es can be crazy.

    16 23.88%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 99

  1. #41
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post


    Are you people retarded? Even ISTJs can be bipolar or schizophrenic.

    However, I will say that INxx in general can have a frustrating detachment from reality. INFPs and INTPs just do it differently.

    I think INTPs are potentially more dangerous because Ti built on a false premise *seems* logical because of the structure, but the entire concept falls down like a house of cards because the original premise was illusory or incorrect.
    no. only INFPs are crazy. ok?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #42
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    no. only INFPs are crazy. ok?
    Okay now I'm going to elaborate even further on the danger of crazy INTPs...because if they have an incorrect or illusory false premise, their own argument could look logical to themselves because it is technically "logical" though it may be completely unrealistic or untrue. I actually get frustrated with INTPs a bunch for doing this, like their theories seem a bit out there, like, hey yeah, this has nothing to do with real life...but the REAL PROBLEM comes in with uneducated people who are fooled by big words. It actually terrifies me, I've encountered people on this site alone, including one NT I think of off the top of my head, who is deeply impressed by things which are seemingly logical, or they think what the person is saying is complex is actually really simplistic, but they're either uneducated or dumb enough to be fooled by big words.

    A person - like Provoker for example - could say something extremely simplistic, even idiotic - but have some people convinced that what he's saying is "smart" or "true" because he knows how to structure his argument logically and uses 50 cent words.

    Truly scary shit.

    At least with INFPs they usually admit they aren't being terribly logical, or else other people won't buy into it as much, because it's less culturally enforced to pay attention to the way INFPs tend to phrase things, which is generally seen as being more "artistic" or "people oriented."

    INTx are kind of like politicians, really. They can sell their ideas with academic language just like the politicians sell their ideas with emotive language. But at the end of the day, you have to separate the content from the rhetoric.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Xyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay now I'm going to elaborate even further on the danger of crazy INTPs...because if they have an incorrect or illusory false premise, their own argument could look logical to themselves because it is technically "logical" though it may be completely unrealistic or untrue. I actually get frustrated with INTPs a bunch for doing this, like their theories seem a bit out there, like, hey yeah, this has nothing to do with real life...but the REAL PROBLEM comes in with uneducated people who are fooled by big words. It actually terrifies me, I've encountered people on this site alone, including one NT I think of off the top of my head, who is deeply impressed by things which are seemingly logical, or they think what the person is saying is complex is actually really simplistic, but they're either uneducated or dumb enough to be fooled by big words.

    A person - like Provoker for example - could say something extremely simplistic, even idiotic - but have some people convinced that what he's saying is "smart" or "true" because he knows how to structure his argument logically and uses 50 cent words.

    Truly scary shit.

    At least with INFPs they usually admit they aren't being terribly logical, or else other people won't buy into it as much, because it's less culturally enforced to pay attention to the way INFPs tend to phrase things, which is generally seen as being more "artistic" or "people oriented."

    INTx are kind of like politicians, really. They can sell their ideas with academic language just like the politicians sell their ideas with emotive language. But at the end of the day, you have to separate the content from the rhetoric.
    Lol, chill bro, of course INTP was kidding. Everyone is crazy sometimes. And types have very little to do with that.

  4. #44
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  5. #45
    Senior Member FunnyDigestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    alright, let's get scholastic for a minute here... down & dirty to solve this once & for all

    - Merriam-webster:

    crazy - 1 : full of cracks or flaws : unsound [-- "unsoundness" generally recalling defect, functional deficiency in thought & behavior-- seems overall more characteristc of INFP]

    b : crooked, askew [-- hmmmm.... could be either, as both types are commonly perceived eccentric-- though perhaps the visual element in these descriptors points more toward INTP who tend to be more visibly odd]

    2 a : mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man> [-- I include the example of usage because it contains an expressive aspect-- i.e. mad & insane are figured as qualities in expression, which may be inward in origin but only manifest in the outer, pointing to intensity &/or emotionality of communication style-- again broadly INFP]

    b (1) : impractical (2) : erratic [-- again either]

    c : being out of the ordinary : unusual [-- again either]

    3a : distracted with desire or excitement [-- seems unavoidably INFP-- both types may often be distracted but the element of desire is invariably more evident in the INFP impulse which leads thereto]

    b : absurdly fond : infatuated [-- hmmm... 'fondness' seems to contain a human element, a dimension of interpersonal amiability, while infatuation implies a longing for connection or even absorption into an other, again pointing to INFP]

    c : passionately preoccupied : obsessed [-- stereotypically passion is a quality of Feeling, but preoccupation & obsession can equally embody matters of the intellect, adventures of mental activity of whatever sort-- again either type is applicable]

    & that's the end of it.... what to conclude? Numerically speaking the denotative focus is more toward INFP, so perhaps INFPs are indeed "more crazy", but both types are well-represented in the definition-- though this does not necessarily coincide with the psychological category-- of craziness. So, let it never be said that INTPs, as far as being crazy goes, are "off the hook."

    *closes thread*.

    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

  6. #46
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay now I'm going to elaborate even further on the danger of crazy INTPs...because if they have an incorrect or illusory false premise, their own argument could look logical to themselves because it is technically "logical" though it may be completely unrealistic or untrue. I actually get frustrated with INTPs a bunch for doing this, like their theories seem a bit out there, like, hey yeah, this has nothing to do with real life...but the REAL PROBLEM comes in with uneducated people who are fooled by big words. It actually terrifies me, I've encountered people on this site alone, including one NT I think of off the top of my head, who is deeply impressed by things which are seemingly logical, or they think what the person is saying is complex is actually really simplistic, but they're either uneducated or dumb enough to be fooled by big words.

    A person - like Provoker for example - could say something extremely simplistic, even idiotic - but have some people convinced that what he's saying is "smart" or "true" because he knows how to structure his argument logically and uses 50 cent words.

    Truly scary shit.

    At least with INFPs they usually admit they aren't being terribly logical, or else other people won't buy into it as much, because it's less culturally enforced to pay attention to the way INFPs tend to phrase things, which is generally seen as being more "artistic" or "people oriented."

    INTx are kind of like politicians, really. They can sell their ideas with academic language just like the politicians sell their ideas with emotive language. But at the end of the day, you have to separate the content from the rhetoric.
    you are funny
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you are funny
    If you're not able to observe any truth it that, there may be something wrong with you.

    I'm able to see ENFP flaws, if you can't see INTP or INTJ flaws, that's kind of disturbing.

  8. #48
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If you're not able to observe any truth it that, there may be something wrong with you.

    I'm able to see ENFP flaws, if you can't see INTP or INTJ flaws, that's kind of disturbing.
    i can see intj flaws, but personally im flawless . except that i have realy hard time finding a specific smiley from that list. took like 2mins to find that one..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #49
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    INTPs have - Ti and Fe. (Ti helps them be logical and Fe helps them realize what is accepted by society and what is not. therefore if they want to they could adjust.)
    INFPs have - Fi and Te. (I don't even know what IXFPs do with Fi and they sure don't seem to use Te at all .)

    Anyway my honest answer is INFPs. When I think crazy I think of people who are removed from society or oblivious to it. Who doesn't remember what they did yesterdays, whether it's their mother's birthday or father's funeral, etc.

    Cough... uhmm.. such as Nintje (just teasing).

  10. #50
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i can see intj flaws, but personally im flawless . except that i have realy hard time finding a specific smiley from that list. took like 2mins to find that one..
    Stop trolling. Marm speaks the truth.

Similar Threads

  1. Enneagram type 1: INTP or INFP or something else?
    By Chocobo Breeder in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 04:32 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
  3. INTP or INFP female ?
    By INTJMom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
  4. Which type is the "chameleon" type?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Which type is good at guessing type?
    By INTJMom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO