First 123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Could you please make yourself a little more stereotypically INFP?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    So look into Arnos Profile System. 4913 "personalities" = much better accuracy.
    I'll check it out..... thx.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Greater precision; not necessarily greater accuracy.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'll check it out..... thx.
    Np.

Eric B made a site dedicated to it: http://www.erictb.info/temperament1.html

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Greater precision; not necessarily greater accuracy.
    pre·ci·sion
       [pri-sizh-uhn]

–noun
    the state or quality of being precise.
    accuracy;
    exactness: to arrive at an estimate with precision.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/precision

To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

pre·ci·sion
       [pri-sizh-uhn]

–noun
    the state or quality of being precise.
    accuracy;
    exactness: to arrive at an estimate with precision.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/precision

The 2 might seem similar, but from what I remember from my 10th grade science class, they're different. Basically, imagine playing darts and tossing 5 unto the board. You hit all quadrants of the dartboard and the bullseye. In this case, you'd be accurate, since you hit the bullseye, but you're not precise since your shots are all over the place. If you tossed the darts again, but all the darts hit the lower right quadrant, you'd have precise, but inaccurate shots.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I'm going with the "Just because you can't find a practical purpose for this system doesn't mean one doesn't exist." argument.
    MBTI does have a practical pupose. It was plaigerised by Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers to induct women into the war machine seventy years ago. And in the meantime it has been used by the military to induct recruits, and by business to induct employees.

Cool Taking the flack

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Are you joining the Victor club?
    Savage Idealist is savage enough to renounce MBTI but not savage enough to attack MBTI.

And if you are savage enough to attack MBTI on Central, you must take the flack.

So no one joins the Victor club without a flack jacket, not even Victor.

Jack Flak is, of course, our role model. But he was foolhardy enough to operate without a flack jacket or knowing even how to spell 'flack'. Jack would always spell it 'flak' until he was shot down.

And that's why we call him Jack Flak. His enemies called him Jack Flake, but they can't hurt him any more. So that's why we step into the breach wearing our flack jackets.

So don't let it happen to you. I wouldn't let you come sailing with me without a life jacket, so I wouldn't let you join the Victor club without a flack jacket.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    The 2 might seem similar, but from what I remember from my 10th grade science class, they're different. Basically, imagine playing darts and tossing 5 unto the board. You hit all quadrants of the dartboard and the bullseye. In this case, you'd be accurate, since you hit the bullseye, but you're not precise since your shots are all over the place. If you tossed the darts again, but all the darts hit the lower right quadrant, you'd have precise, but inaccurate shots.
    Both words wouldn't exist if they were identical - however, they're so similar they're often used interchangeably... bottom line, I'm sure people will get what I'm driving at.

Particular much?
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Are you joining the Victor club?
    Victor has a club?

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    @ OP If you expected typology to account for individuality, then little wonder you're suddenly disenchanted.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I'm going with the "Just because you can't find a practical purpose for this system doesn't mean one doesn't exist." argument.

I think you are equating subjectivity with wrong, which is not true.
    Not exactly; just because something is subjective doesn't mean it's objectively wrong for everyone, hell aside from physical scinces, I think most truths are inherently subjective. Really, it's because I can't find a practical purpose for this system means that it's not right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Hah. We'll see. I think I said that to myself on about 10 different occasions before I finally went through enough data, reasoning, and theory to truly renounce it.

There probably are some uses for it though. One I can think of off the top of my head is psychological warfare to confuse an enemy. You could probably also use it to justify profiling of people you just really don't like or want working for you independent of their true MBTI type result. I mean companies use psychological profiling for a lot of jobs anyway (sometimes MBTI related?). Eh, technically, an interview is the same as profiling, so yeah.

I wonder what other ways MBTI could be used in the world. *puts fist under chin and ponders*
    Well, if I were to design a fictiona lcharacter, using MBTI as a referational guide to create an initial mold of that character would probably still be useful. But in terms of understanding the human mind, I still think there's some flaws to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    While there are many "fill in the blanks" in the books I've studied thus far, and apparently much undiscovered and undescribed, the information seems mostly correct to me, and it has improved my life.

Are you planning to create your own system?
    Not really; I would rather wait until someone comes along with their own system, one that is far more precise and accurate than the system that we use now.

4913 personalities? I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Could you please make yourself a little more stereotypically INFP?
    Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Savage Idealist is savage enough to renounce MBTI but not savage enough to attack MBTI.

And if you are savage enough to attack MBTI on Central, you must take the flack.

So no one joins the Victor club without a flack jacket, not even Victor.

Jack Flak is, of course, our role model. But he was foolhardy enough to operate without a flack jacket or knowing even how to spell 'flack'. Jack would always spell it 'flak' until he was shot down.

And that's why we call him Jack Flak. His enemies called him Jack Flake, but they can't hurt him any more. So that's why we step into the breach wearing our flack jackets.

So don't let it happen to you. I wouldn't let you come sailing with me without a life jacket, so I wouldn't let you join the Victor club without a flack jacket.
    Aw damn. I'm not sure who this Jack Flak is, but he sounds cool.

ReflecTcelfeR

Much more reasonable .