• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite type that's really different from yours

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
One of my favorite types is ESTP... I almost always get along with them, they're fucking hilarious & seem to naturally bring out a social side of my personality that I always enjoy but which simply doesn't exist around most people. I can see how a lot of INFPs wouldn't get along with them so great, since they're so crude & unserious & semi-goofy in how they talk & act, but to me it's the best circuit-breaker from any weird mental stuff I might be going thru.

They have that zany humor I always enjoy, they're obviously the best carousing partners, & they seem like the most innately kind-hearted of all the thinkers despite whatever gross humor they have. As an INFP you feel out of place at first, but what you realize eventually is that the disgusting sex-humor is kind of tidy in a way, it's sort of automatic & shallowly imaginative so if you come back over the top with something truly heinously fucked-up & dark & hilarious, they get a respect for you. Maybe female INFPs would have more trouble with it, but for me it's soooo easy to riff on the general pattern of dirty sex jokes & come up with even worse stuff.

Admittedly, most of this is about male ESTPs, since I don't think I know many female ones.

BUT anyway, which of the types that are 'very different' from yours is your favorite?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really like ISxJs though I'm usually much more impulsive and eccentric than they are. They make me feel safe, and the intelligent ISxJs tend to be smart in a very "sensible" way that I certainly should be exposed to whenever possible.

It may be some childhood thing, it could be some "balances my lesser functions" thing, but I feel that some of them speak to some inner hidden part of me.

I say ISxJs because ESFJs can actually be somewhat like me in their huge displays of emotion, and I have a much more negative reaction to some ESTJs than ISTJs, I don't know why one letter makes so much difference to me.

Of course it depends on the person. Individual interests and belief systems and level of intelligence are everything. There are ISFJs who make me feel suffocated with their particular morality and ISTJs who bore me to tears.

Just like there are other ENFPs who I might get along with much less well, because I find them to be flakier than me, or whatever.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xNFJ. :wub: Somehow I'm always drawn to them, and they're drawn to me. Two of my best friends are ENFJs, and my oldest friend (i.e. the friend I've been friends with the longest) is an INFJ.

It's probably because my mom is INFJ and we're really close. :yes:
(I've got Fe/Ni communication DOWN! :banana: ) <-- or so I'd like to think. :laugh:

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How different does a type have to be to qualify as "very" different? I tend to feel fairly similar to INFPs in some ways and ISTPs in some other ways, maybe even ENTPs (more so online than in person). The other types all feel quite different to me. I guess I'd say xNFJs as well. I haven't known very many, but the ones I've met (and even the ones I've sort of gotten to know by hanging around here), give me the impression of being very different in an intriguing and endearing way, and at the same time a good "fit" with me.

ESxPs can be a lot of fun too, but if they're markedly extraverted I can only take them in small doses.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTPs. I get along with them pretty well. I wouldn't have a long term relationship with one though, as, ime, they seem to lack a monogamic inclination.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ESTPs. I get along with them pretty well. I wouldn't have a long term relationship with one though, as, ime, they seem to lack a monogamic inclination.

Yeah, I doubt I could be an ESTP woman's boyfriend; in relationships I think you need levels of deeper compatibility. I think ESTPs as people care more overall about friendships than relationships anyway.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How different does a type have to be to qualify as "very" different? I tend to feel fairly similar to INFPs in some ways and ISTPs in some other ways, maybe even ENTPs (more so online than in person). The other types all feel quite different to me. I guess I'd say xNFJs as well. I haven't known very many, but the ones I've met (and even the ones I've sort of gotten to know by hanging around here), give me the impression of being very different in an intriguing and endearing way, and at the same time a good "fit" with me.

My younger brother & sister are ENFJ, & picturing them hanging w/ INTP people tends to make sense. They're socially sensible but open-minded at the same time, so people with eccentric loner tendencies tend to feel at ease around them.

I feel the same way as you about really extraverted ESFPs-- they can be so unstoppingly in the moment that I just cant take it after a while. :shocking: ESTPs are usually a bit calmer.

Sunshiney

MBTI Type
INFP
I really love male INTJs and male ENFPs... And apparently I attract female ENFJs to myself like zombies to a pipe bomb. xD

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like estp's too, but I know that's too much like me so.....

I suppose i would have to say entj.
I think it's the perfect yin/yang relationship.
All of the things I don't like about them - they listen and become more understanding. And all of the things I suck at, they whip me into shape, so I can become independent and self-confident.

I also like isfj 2w1's..... I think out of all of the types, they can be the sweetest, most endearing people. They have not a nasty bone in their bodies, but they can get what they want......My neice has this personality type. I am worried about her, however, because she just got married, and I don't approve of the guy.:(

Last edited:

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ.

Their cold presence while being full on logical in their thinking ability without easily becoming emotional are all my weakest areas which I thrive for the rooms of improvment.

gromit

likes this
I like TJs a lot, esp female ones, once I get past the initial scariness. Haha. They are just intimidating at first but always seem to turn out to be sooooo nice somehow too. At least the ones who have become my friends.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ESTPs, I just love the kind of crazy stuff that they can get up to.

ISFPs are fantastic as well, the kind of friends that I can always depend on to pull through. Plus, it's fascinating listening to how they view the world through a completely different lense.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
ENFJ. :heart: In general, of course, I get along best with other STPs. I can think of great qualities of each of the other types, but I lean towards disfavorable on a few.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ENXP's maybe INFPs or ESFPs too. ISXJs r cool too at times. I don't know i don't really like people much.:dry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely INTJ. I get along better with them than other NFPs a lot of the time. I'll never get why so many people are offended by them. like, they'll not do anything and maybe say 1 or 2 lines and people are automatically offended by them and think they're arrogant. to me they're one of the least offensive types because they leave you the fuck alone when you need it and don't pry into your business. they get a bad rap for being cold and heartless, but expecting to care about all your little emotional problems is just unfair.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
definitely INTJ. I get along better with them than other NFPs a lot of the time. I'll never get why so many people are offended by them. like, they'll not do anything and maybe say 1 or 2 lines and people are automatically offended by them and think they're arrogant. to me they're one of the least offensive types because they leave you the fuck alone when you need it and don't pry into your business. they get a bad rap for being cold and heartless, but expecting to care about all your little emotional problems is just unfair.

Cuz they are pricks with no practical sense sometimes.