User Tag List

123 Last

Default Let me rephrase my moved thread.......MBTI has screwed up my mentality.

I used to think that hard work could get me anywhere and even to a place above naturally talented people but then i did this personality test. Didn't look too deep into and then some of the dots connected and the picture looked a lot like me. Now all do is sit back being frustrated with life knowing i can't do something about it and my whole mentality is fucked with me always trying to prove to myself i am the type i wanna be.

But damn, i am just complaining cuz i'm a hopeless fuck that can't do shit...always have and always been.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

this not being able to do anything about it is in your head, its not something that is MBTI. the whole point of MBTI(if you use it on personal development) is that it guides you to right direction..

google jung and individuation
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Sounds like you had a pretty bad mentality to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Sounds like you had a pretty bad mentality to begin with.
    meaning?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    I used to think that hard work could get me anywhere and even to a place above naturally talented people but then i did this personality test. Didn't look too deep into and then some of the dots connected and the picture looked a lot like me. Now all do is sit back being frustrated with life knowing i can't do something about it and my whole mentality is fucked with me always trying to prove to myself i am the type i wanna be.

But damn, i am just complaining cuz i'm a hopeless fuck that can't do shit...always have and always been.
    Hard work is a good thing. But, at some point, hard work by itself will burn you out. There has to be passion and significance behind your hard work, inspiring the hard work, getting you up out of bed every morning to go and do it again. Without those things, hard work ends up falling flat on its face eventually. Like, what's the point if you can't be naturally motivated and inspired to do that thing? If what you are doing is excruciating and not enjoyable and you don't feel engaged in the work, then it's not what you should be doing. It's not what you should be "working hard at". You have to move in the direction of your passions, of your natural motivators, the things that get your juices flowing. And you have to move away from the boring things that make you want to fall asleep. Sometimes it takes time to make the transition, but you have to move in that direction in order to expect to ever get there.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

What do you want to do anyways? And why do you want to do those things?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post

This sounds like a pretty helpless mentality to me. You could either ignore the MBTI type, or use it to help you grow- that's probably the best use of the system.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

you're using personality crap as a crutch. there's nothing wrong with you!

you are a whole, wonderful, limitless person. you are full of potential to become anything you want to be and do anything you want to do. people overcome others with more natural talents every single day because they are more dedicated and because they are passionate. choose who you want to be and become that person. a made-up thing like the mbti is not going to stop you from that. i love to hear about non-traditional pairings of mbti, enneatype, and job or hobbies. an INFP 8w9 who runs a humanitarian organization. an ISTJ 6w7 who is a professional skydiving instructor. an ENTJ 2w3 who builds orphanages in nepal. an ESFJ 5w4 linguistic anthropologist who records dying languages. there are all kinds of crazy wonderful people out there. you're one of them. if you don't like who you are... rotate on another axis.

if you need help seeing this, please talk to a therapist, who can help set your thoughts straight. you don't have to feel imprisoned in your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    you're using personality crap as a crutch.
    Just like many others do.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

10$ on INTP!
    -end of thread-