• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let me rephrase my moved thread.......MBTI has screwed up my mentality.

Illmatic

I used to think that hard work could get me anywhere and even to a place above naturally talented people but then i did this personality test. Didn't look too deep into and then some of the dots connected and the picture looked a lot like me. Now all do is sit back being frustrated with life knowing i can't do something about it and my whole mentality is fucked with me always trying to prove to myself i am the type i wanna be.

But damn, i am just complaining cuz i'm a hopeless fuck that can't do shit...always have and always been.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
this not being able to do anything about it is in your head, its not something that is MBTI. the whole point of MBTI(if you use it on personal development) is that it guides you to right direction..

google jung and individuation

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like you had a pretty bad mentality to begin with.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I used to think that hard work could get me anywhere and even to a place above naturally talented people but then i did this personality test. Didn't look too deep into and then some of the dots connected and the picture looked a lot like me. Now all do is sit back being frustrated with life knowing i can't do something about it and my whole mentality is fucked with me always trying to prove to myself i am the type i wanna be.

But damn, i am just complaining cuz i'm a hopeless fuck that can't do shit...always have and always been.

Hard work is a good thing. But, at some point, hard work by itself will burn you out. There has to be passion and significance behind your hard work, inspiring the hard work, getting you up out of bed every morning to go and do it again. Without those things, hard work ends up falling flat on its face eventually. Like, what's the point if you can't be naturally motivated and inspired to do that thing? If what you are doing is excruciating and not enjoyable and you don't feel engaged in the work, then it's not what you should be doing. It's not what you should be "working hard at". You have to move in the direction of your passions, of your natural motivators, the things that get your juices flowing. And you have to move away from the boring things that make you want to fall asleep. Sometimes it takes time to make the transition, but you have to move in that direction in order to expect to ever get there.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you want to do anyways? And why do you want to do those things?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:shrug: This sounds like a pretty helpless mentality to me. You could either ignore the MBTI type, or use it to help you grow- that's probably the best use of the system.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you're using personality crap as a crutch. there's nothing wrong with you!

you are a whole, wonderful, limitless person. you are full of potential to become anything you want to be and do anything you want to do. people overcome others with more natural talents every single day because they are more dedicated and because they are passionate. choose who you want to be and become that person. a made-up thing like the mbti is not going to stop you from that. i love to hear about non-traditional pairings of mbti, enneatype, and job or hobbies. an INFP 8w9 who runs a humanitarian organization. an ISTJ 6w7 who is a professional skydiving instructor. an ENTJ 2w3 who builds orphanages in nepal. an ESFJ 5w4 linguistic anthropologist who records dying languages. there are all kinds of crazy wonderful people out there. you're one of them. if you don't like who you are... rotate on another axis.

if you need help seeing this, please talk to a therapist, who can help set your thoughts straight. you don't have to feel imprisoned in your own mind.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10$ on INTP!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5w4 or 4w5, $5 split

Mole

Permabanned
Regaining self respect.

The first step is to realise MBTI is a fraud used by our most powerful institutions, namely the military and business, to control recruits and employees.

MBTI is not in our self interest, it is in the interest of the military and business.

The second step is to realise that MBTI was plaigerised from Carl Jung, who was genuinely evil.

And if you take the first and second steps, you will be miles ahead of almost everyone here.

And by waking up from the trance of MBTI, you will regain your self respect.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
good point, could easily be infp too. these posts are pretty common over at intpc, though. at least they used to be, and I doubt it's changed.

Jaguar

The first step is to realise MBTI is a fraud used by our most powerful institutions, namely the military and business, to control recruits and employees.

MBTI WANTS YOU!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Ginkgo

MBTI WANTS YOU!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glenn-beck.jpg