• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my son

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you get the creepy crawlies while watching a scary movie, then yes you do believe in the supernatural.

lol that's not true. i've discovered that i get the creepy crawlies purely from the music in scary movies. turn it off, crawlies gone. it's about raising instinctive fear and the feeling of impending danger, not actually believing in ghosties.

Also:
"i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions."

I made an earlier statement about the ESFJ upholding social institutions, but you didn't quote that part.

I don't see where we disagree at all, you've just added much more detail to a debate that was not intended to be a series of essays on the subject of SFJ's. But thanks anyway.

:shrug:

so i missed one statement amongst many. the way you're wording it clearly makes SFJs sound brainless, and i'm not the only one who's picked up on this. i was trying to be diplomatic about it, but nooo. and you, sir, are the one pulling the the topic away from the OP. i am just seeking to rectify baseless stereotypes.

apologies for your thread, lily. i will be interested what you have to say about our ideas for your son. :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um yeah (capslock).

Correction: he's probably ISTJ anyway, he just looked at that strange behavior thread and said, "whoa all of this ISTJ stuff sounds like me."

So SJs are hot, not just SFJs.

P.S. Skylights is right about sound effects in scary movies. It goes beyond mere music, too, there's an underlying primitive sound they can manipulate that causes people to feel instinctive fear. Other primitive fears are played upon too in the construction of really good horror, not just supernatural things.

I believe there are ghosts, though. Or something like it. They might not have full blown personalities, but they are remaining traces of energy impressions. This is how old houses tell a story.

R

Riva

Your son sounds like a recluse. But that's how most introverted boys are at that particular age. (Especially the T types.) They want to just spend time alone. With age they would change and be more communicative and friendly. They just need some life expereicne to learn how to deal with people.

And I believe your son is a ISTP. From my experience that's just how ISTPs are when they are young. Until they are around 16 to 17. And I conveniently dismissed ISTJ because he works only when he has to (when he sees rewards). That screams ISTP and not ISTJ. ISTPs are a bit lazy. But when they smell the gold they'll start digging. Digging faster than any other type. And probably would get rid of the competition too. :)

Oh, when he hits 16,17 he'll start noticing girls. Then he'll start acting like a ExFJ :laugh:.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still see INTJ most of all. he exudes Te/Fi and he's not ISTJ or ISFP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While INTJs may excel at a particular style of intelligence, there is no real correlation between being smart and being a particular personality type.

I meant to reply to this but I was at work and forgot. There are correlations between being smart and particular personalities types. But that's all they are. In case you haven't seen this page before (it's been cited on this forum), here it is again. Of course it's not predictive beyond the statistical, YMMV:

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpr...elligence-personality-politics-and-happiness/

Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 25 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).
Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 2.6 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 4.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is 1.6 times as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).
Moreover, if you encounter an INTJ, there is a 22% probability that his IQ places him in the top 2 percent of the population. (Disclosure: I am an INTJ.) Next are INTP, at 14%; ENTJ, 8%; ENTP, 5%; and INFJ, 5%. (The next highest type is the INFP at 3%.) The five types (INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, and INFJ) account for 78% of the high-IQ population but only 15% of the total population.**
Four of the five most-intelligent types are NTs, as one would expect, given the probabilities cited above. Those same probabilities lead to the dominance of INTJs and INTPs, which account for 49% of the Mensa membership but only 5% of the general population.**
Persons with the S preference bring up the rear, when it comes to taking IQ tests.**

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I meant to reply to this but I was at work and forgot. There are correlations between being smart and particular personalities types. But that's all they are. In case you haven't seen this page before (it's been cited on this forum), here it is again. Of course it's not predictive beyond the statistical, YMMV:

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpr...elligence-personality-politics-and-happiness/

OH.MY.GOD.

Did you just link me to a libertarian blog to make your point?

And I thought my little running naked/get in the damn car story was the hilarious high point of this thread.

It just keeps on giving.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OH.MY.GOD.

Did you just link me to a libertarian blog to make your point?

And I thought my little running naked/get in the damn car story was the hilarious high point of this thread.

It just keeps on giving.

Nothing to offer but Ad Hominem eh? Figures.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol that's not true. i've discovered that i get the creepy crawlies purely from the music in scary movies. turn it off, crawlies gone. it's about raising instinctive fear and the feeling of impending danger, not actually believing in ghosties.

:shrug:

so i missed one statement amongst many. the way you're wording it clearly makes SFJs sound brainless, and i'm not the only one who's picked up on this. i was trying to be diplomatic about it, but nooo. and you, sir, are the one pulling the the topic away from the OP. i am just seeking to rectify baseless stereotypes.

apologies for your thread, lily. i will be interested what you have to say about our ideas for your son. :yes:

Twice this thread was pulled off-topic, and not by me. The first time, I was asked to elaborate on my thoughts about Sensors. The second time, Marmie was going on and on about something. So please try to keep up. I only allowed her to keep trotting out posts to keep myself from becoming bored. Furthermore, the idea that I am stereotyping anything was based on one of Marmie's sillier straw-dog accusations of which she has many. Next thing you know she'll claim that I said Hitler was a Jew.

I apologize, lily, but trolls will be trolls. But I think in the long run you got some very useful information despite them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While INTJs may excel at a particular style of intelligence, there is no real correlation between being smart and being a particular personality type. Too many people on the Internet mistype themselves as iNtuitives, in my opinion, just because they think they are unique, interesting, different, question things, are educated, and have above average intelligence (which is often true, I'll admit, when you encounter many people on discussion forums they tend to be people who are a little quicker intellectually in many cases) ...but that isn't what really divides Sensors from Intutives.

The argument that Jung himself was ISTP is very compelling evidence that his theory is the most correct one, as it does not rely on the Keirsey or MBTI stereotypes which perpetuate N-snobbery and bias against Sensors, as it addresses core world views rather than stereotypical cultural ways of being.

yes there is, albeit it is only a correlation, there are of course plenty smart Sensors. that being said, if one is a Sensor who has a very high IQ, it's just that much cooler. it's like being a natural tenor but having a strong, deep lower range like a baritone.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Twice this thread was pulled off-topic, and not by me. The first time, I was asked to elaborate on my thoughts about Sensors. The second time, Marmie was going on and on about something. So please try to keep up. I only allowed her to keep trotting out posts to keep from getting bored. Furthermore, the idea that I am stereotyping anything was based on one of Marmie's sillier straw-dog accusations of which she has many.

I apologize, lily, but trolls will be trolls. But I think in the long run you got some very useful information despite them.

You know that many other people than me in this thread thought your arguments were invalid, except they weren't as amused with your crazy as I was. Once I start telling stories about getting spankings from prudish SJs, it's difficult to stop.

I agree with Jim that her son is IxTJ. I think his post is one of the more intelligent ones in the thread.

You know, except for LegerdeMain's insightful correlation between INFJs, Taco Bell, and colon cancer. That was brilliant.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
His tested IQ is 91. We were very surprised because our family tends to have high IQ's in general. I never heard that about babies and IQ. Do you happen to remember where you heard/read that? I would be interested in finding out more about that.

As I said, input. Fill that cup up with knowledge and interest.

My parents didn't realise I had any intelligence at all until I graduated from high school as a straight A student. Before hand they just thought I was a slightly doting student who had whined to start playing musical instruments and spent most of his time on the internets. Now I've maintained that trend straight through university with post graduate degrees and into work.

Believe me, it'll pay of to arrange intellectual incursions and it is something when I think back my parents should have done much more of.

I'd go with INTJ. No, his IQ isn't 90, but an IQ test actually has to be "interesting" to actually measure that. No 90-IQ kid is going to beat adults at chess.

Let him be weird. I think he'll surprise you.

Ding. The brothers got it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know that many other people than me in this thread thought your arguments were invalid, except they weren't as amused with your crazy as I was. Once I start telling stories about getting spankings from prudish SJs, it's difficult to stop.

I agree with Jim that her son is IxTJ. I think his post is one of the more intelligent ones in the thread.

You know, except for LegerdeMain's insightful correlation between INFJs, Taco Bell, and colon cancer. That was brilliant.

I don't have to care what other people think unless they offer valid arguments. Yes Jim is right, sometimes IQ tests mess up. But for some reason he disagreed with lily's idea that her son has Asperger's. Many of those cases are misdiagnosed when they are children, but it has been replaced with a different diagnosis these days: high-functioning autism. I've known a couple respectable scientists who started out in life as misunderstood low-achievers with undiagnosed Asperger's.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His tested IQ is 91. We were very surprised because our family tends to have high IQ's in general. I never heard that about babies and IQ. Do you happen to remember where you heard/read that? I would be interested in finding out more about that.

INTJ children frequently test horribly on IQ tests. my INTJ friend tested with an IQ of 80 in junior high. he took one again recently and it literally went up 100 points

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't have to care what other people think unless they offer valid arguments. Yes Jim is right, sometimes IQ tests mess up. But for some reason he disagreed with lily's idea that her son has Asperger's. Many of those cases are misdiagnosed when they are children, but it has been replaced with a different diagnosis these days: high-functioning autism. I've known a couple respectable scientists who started out in life as misunderstood low-achievers with undiagnosed Asperger's.

Uumlau also had a great post thrown in about Lily's son being INTJ.

I mean, that was my first guess, but IxTJ no doubt. I don't even know where people are getting ISTP, honestly.

As for other people making valid arguments, Skylights did, and Jag, Funny Digestion, and Leger tried to parallel the ridiculousness of your stereotypes just as I did, except that they sensibly gave up sooner, witnessing what they were clearly dealing with. That is, someone who doesn't know Jungian cognitive function theory from a hole in the ground.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ children frequently test horribly on IQ tests. my INTJ friend tested with an IQ of 80 in junior high. he took one again recently and it literally went up 100 points

Yes, but isn't it just a function of how he scored relative to other children his age based on a bell curve?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uumlau also had a great post thrown in about Lily's son being INTJ.

I mean, that was my first guess, but IxTJ no doubt. I don't even know where people are getting ISTP, honestly.

As for other people making valid arguments, Skylights did, and Jag, Funny Digestion, and Leger tried to parallel the ridiculousness of your stereotypes just as I did, except that they sensibly gave up sooner, witnessing what they were clearly dealing with. That is, someone who doesn't know Jungian cognitive function theory from a hole in the ground.

Your constant stereotyping me as a stereotyper is ridiculous. Furthermore, you never offered a guess as to the kid's type until now, you were completely off topic the entire time.