User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Type my son

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    I was just looking into to personality types as children and I found this great resource!

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_info.html

It assigns all kids only 3 letters, and reserves giving the 4th until they're 13 or older, which is really smart actually, or at least really accurate for me. There a test for YOU to fill out here

http://www.personalitypage.com/cgi-local/build_pqk.cgi

or you can just read the profiles. I think you could have your son fill out the test, but it's really more from a parent's perspective.
    I did the test and got IN J. I was thinking he was probably INTJ, and all the feedback seems to indicate that direction.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That however is a subjective response. Perhaps this is just the way the SJs typically respond to these descriptions.

This reminds me of something I read in "The Art of Thinking" (Harrison/Bramson). Some big guy in the audience at one of their lectures took their InQ test, scored Realist, and declared that he was nothing like the Realist description. The authors noted that this is a typical Realist response.

The Realist InQ type corresponds very well with the SJ.
    NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. AND NO.

This is why sometimes I think I must be a Sensor because what you're saying here is so divorced from reality and pledging allegiance to your pet theory that it makes me want to scream. It's not just the SJs themselves that are offended. It's the friends and acquaintences of these SJs who know that their SJs aren't, for example, sexual prudes or blindly obedient worker bees.

I can see, yes, where some people might not want to accept that a certain description is a description of themselves. But some of these descriptions are so outlandish that I want to barf.

If I'm an NF, why don't I fear conflict? Why do I seek it? Why was I not afraid to physically hit people as a teenager? Why do I feel a need to prove my own boldness blah, blah blah. And if I'm an SP, how come I score so high on verbal intelligence? Why was I such a good student in college?

It's all very annoying and offensive on so many levels, it's just like perpetuating misinformation to support one's own delusion of the world, not entirely unlike organized religion.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    This kind of sounds like possible aspergers or autism?
    I tried to have him tested for aspergers when he was about 5 years old. The neurologist asked him a bunch of questions, to which he replied, "I don't know" to about 90% of them and gave one word answers to the others, then the neurologist said, "He doesn't have aspergers because he can carry on a conversation." Arg! When I read books about Aspergers, he seems spot-on.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I did the test and got IN J. I was thinking he was probably INTJ, and all the feedback seems to indicate that direction.
    Not all of the feedback indicates INTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. AND NO.

This is why sometimes I think I must be a Sensor because what you're saying here is so divorced from reality and pledging allegiance to your pet theory that it makes me want to scream. It's not just the SJs themselves that are offended. It's the friends and acquaintences of these SJs who know that their SJs aren't, for example, sexual prudes or blindly obedient worker bees.

I can see, yes, where some people might not want to accept that a certain description is a description of themselves. But some of these descriptions are so outlandish that I want to barf.

If I'm an NF, why don't I fear conflict? Why do I seek it? Why was I not afraid to physically hit people as a teenager? Why do I feel a need to prove my own boldness blah, blah blah. And if I'm an SP, how come I score so high on verbal intelligence? Why was I such a good student in college?

It's all very annoying and offensive on so many levels, it's just like perpetuating misinformation to support one's own delusion of the world, not entirely unlike organized religion.
    The SJs I know are sexual prudes and worker bees.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I tried to have him tested for aspergers when he was about 5 years old. The neurologist asked him a bunch of questions, to which he replied, "I don't know" to about 90% of them and gave one word answers to the others, then the neurologist said, "He doesn't have aspergers because he can carry on a conversation." Arg! When I read books about Aspergers, he seems spot-on.
    The neurologist sounds like an idiot. Did he say anything about your son looking people in the eye? Asperger patients have a problem doing this.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The SJs I know are sexual prudes and worker bees.
    Well I've had very good sexual experiences with SJ men, overall, and the only identifying factor I see with them is that they demand fidelity to the point of implied or stated violence.

Sure, they can be extremely consistent and busy, but no, not necessarily worker bees, and definitely can question many things when of a certain level of intelligence.

Sometimes I think that INTs are really stupid about people. Maybe that's what it is.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well I've had very good sexual experiences with SJ men, overall, and the only identifying factor I see with them is that they demand fidelity to the point of implied or stated violence.

Sure, they can be extremely consistent and busy, but no, not necessarily worker bees, and definitely can question many things when of a certain level of intelligence.
    You're just drawing fine lines there: Yes hard worker, but not necessarily "worker bee." He wasn't a "prude," but he wasn't into open relationships or 3somes or things like that.

Sometimes I think that INTs are really stupid about people. Maybe that's what it is.
    I think SFP's are just easily offended by disagreement.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're just drawing fine lines there: Yes hard worker, but not necessarily "worker bee."
    Yes hard worker as in cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, organizing the DVDs...but not necessarily always model employees or even wanting to take part in corporate structures any more than I do.

He wasn't a "prude," but he wasn't into open relationships or 3somes or things like that.
    I'm fine with that, actually. I'll take passionate sex with someone who isn't afraid to try anything with me, but I also know won't cheat on me.

Keirsey talks about SJ women not enjoying sex, and SJs seeing sex as a duty thing and I'm just like...god, yeah, the SJs who were guilted to death by organized religion, maybe, but not all SJs were raised in that kind of environment. Like, duh.

I think SFP's are just easily offended by disagreement.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure INTx fail with social intelligence, just as you're sure SJs are prudes.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes hard worker as in cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, organizing the DVDs...but not necessarily always model employees or even wanting to take part in corporate structures any more than I do.

I'm fine with that, actually. I'll take passionate sex with someone who isn't afraid to try anything with me, but I also know won't cheat on me.

Keirsey talks about SJ women not enjoying sex, and SJs seeing sex as a duty thing and I'm just like...god, yeah, the SJs who were guilted to death by organized religion, maybe, but not all SJs were raised in that kind of environment. Like, duh.

Nah, I'm pretty sure INTx fail with social intelligence, just as you're sure SJs are prudes.
    Some examples would help. My INTJ friend, for example, has a highly developed social sense. He just happens to "hate people." But that doesn't mean he can't be really good with social situations. An SJ friend is prudish about sexual matters, but he admits to me that he had a Quagmire period in his early 20s. Another SJ I know is a very prudish Catholic guy - but he would probably be offended by the term "prude."

Which type description uses the term "prude"? I don't think they try very hard to offend anybody or to castigate anyone with labels.

Oh, and by the way, just when did Einstein have his IQ tested as a child? You never responded to that question for some reason.