User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Type my son

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    He has never enjoyed physical affection.
    He is a great strategist. Even though he does poorly on most school work, he can beat adults at games like chess and Risk.
    He is very skeptical about commercials and people telling him things in general. He tends to think that people are liars.
    He complains about being bored constantly, but doesn't have any specific interests.
    He enjoys camping/fishing type activities, board games and video games (he especially likes the games that have you build a medieval castle and village and then attack other castles).
    He doesn't seem to have compassion or understanding of other people's feelings, but occasionally he will strongly defend someone who is being bullied or picked on or being treated unjustly.
    He loves to argue/debate.
    He tends to avoid any type of work, but will work really had to get a reward he wants or to get money to buy a video game.
    He has a very strong reaction to smells and noise.
    When he was a baby, the only thing that would calm him down was if I sang to him. He wasn't calmed down by rocking or being held like other babies.

Any thoughts?
    This kind of sounds like possible aspergers or autism?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    I was just looking into to personality types as children and I found this great resource!

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_info.html

It assigns all kids only 3 letters, and reserves giving the 4th until they're 13 or older, which is really smart actually, or at least really accurate for me. There a test for YOU to fill out here

http://www.personalitypage.com/cgi-local/build_pqk.cgi

or you can just read the profiles. I think you could have your son fill out the test, but it's really more from a parent's perspective.
    yeah, it's really interesting. it just identifies a kid's dominant function, essentially. though i was much more like an IFP kid than an ENP kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345
    I don't understand a thing you just said.
    lol! sorry. i will explain better.

INTJ, enneatype 5 wing 6, or 6 wing 5; self-preservation variant (the three variants are social, sexual, and self-pres).

Quote Originally Posted by unsung
    I'd most definetely say it is Fi. Inferior functions appear under stressful situations and manifests in a bad way, especially when you're very young. Doesn't seem to be the case here.
    i agree with you, probably - especially because he sounds more INTJ overall to me at first glance - but if he's a 6, it may well have been that side of him. my dad is an INTP 6w5 and he has stories of himself being a child and getting beat up because he stuck up for bullied kids, or just for himself when he was being bullied

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Sigh, I forgot to add that Sensors are skeptical about claims made that they can't verify immediately. For example, I told the Sensor one day (who scored 100% S on the MBTI) that I saw a tornado (f1) off in the distance a few years ago. His friend saw it too at the time. It was clearly a funnel shape reaching from ground to sky. He immediately threw out, "It's not a tornado until it touches the ground, and you don't know if it touched the ground." I said, "Oh, so it could have been hovering one inch above the ground and not be a tornado, just a funnel cloud." He said, "That's right."

So I have to ask: What's all this BALONEY on internet sites about the NT being skeptics? What do they mean by NT's being skeptics?
    i think it's often to do with technical precision and in visioning better ways to get things done, as well as not taking things at face value. i don't think they mean specific, situational skepticism as much as delving deep into systems and questioning things.

i mean, look here, you are an NT being skeptical of NTs being skeptics, no?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Your ex was a very interesting ESFJ because integral to their type's make-up is following cultural norms. The ESFJ type forms the backbone of many of our cultural institutions, religious or otherwise.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your ex was a very interesting ESFJ because integral to their type's make-up is following cultural norms. The ESFJ type forms the backbone of many of our cultural institutions, religious or otherwise.
    Yeah he follows his mother's cultural norms. The man's name goes first on the Christmas gift package, dammit. The man walks on the street side of the sidewalk to protect the girl. People who cheat on their spouses get cut up, and this is common sense.

Seriously, not all SFJs were raised in conservative Christian households. Do we really need to have the Si discussion about what happens when Si/Fe is subjected to liberal, non-religious parenting?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"i mean, look here, you are an NT being skeptical of NTs being skeptics, no?" But I gave those pages the benefit of the doubt above by also asking, "What does it MEAN?" I know what a Sensor's skepticism means. I just think it's illogical to only describe NTs as skeptical. The claims on those pages just don't hold water with me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

i agree with you, probably - especially because he sounds more INTJ overall to me at first glance - but if he's a 6, it may well have been that side of him. my dad is an INTP 6w5 and he has stories of himself being a child and getting beat up because he stuck up for bullied kids, or just for himself when he was being bullied
    I really need to see an IQ score on him, not to say that an ISTP (which is how I type him) has a low IQ, but that the INTJ has a HIGH IQ, probably the highest of all the types.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I really need to see an IQ score on him, not to say that an ISTP (which is how I type him) has a low IQ, but that the INTJ has a HIGH IQ, probably the highest of all the types.
    I think the way you type people might be incorrect.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah he follows his mother's cultural norms. The man's name goes first on the Christmas gift package, dammit. The man walks on the street side of the sidewalk to protect the girl. People who cheat on their spouses get cut up, and this is common sense.

Seriously, not all SFJs were raised in conservative Christian households. Do we really need to have the Si discussion about what happens when Si/Fe is subjected to liberal, non-religious parenting?
    As culture changes (evolves) so do many of these type-descriptions. Many of them are becoming out-dated. But the principle behind them remains the same.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think the way you type people might be incorrect.
    Nevertheless, I like my formula and I've been using it for a long, long time. I just need to see some good counter-arguments to my claims. If you don't like my disagreement, let me just point out that I often agree with you more than disagree. But I suspect we come from very different generational perspectives.

i do not know how he can be anything other than INTJ. You just typed a archetype INTJ in the OP.