User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Thread: Type my son

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I'm still going to say: Why do you really believe that correlation = causation?
    Are you talking to me Jim? If so, I am still gathering data and sharing it. No logical fallacies from my end.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

A highly sensitive person (HSP) is a person having the innate trait of high psychological sensitivity (or innate sensitiveness as Carl Jung originally coined it) In Psychological Types!
    Yep, I read it. Are you saying HSP = innate sensitiveness (ala Jung)?

And the word hypersensitivity is notably absent btw.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

A la Jung in which book? Psychological Types uses the word "hypersensibility" in this exact same context.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm still going to say: Why do you really believe that correlation = causation?
    You are continually misattributing statements and arguments to me. At one point you even directly misquoted me. Shame!

But I will continue to give you a crack at giving a really good argument against the questionnaire I cited that seems to bother you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    A la Jung in which book? Psychological Types uses the word "hypersensibility" in this exact same context.
    He describes it as 'innate sensitiveness'. Type Carl Jung HSP and Elaine N. Aron into google and reveal to the group how far you get.

You are continually misattributing statements and arguments to me. At one point you even directly misquoted me. Shame!

But I will continue to give you a crack at giving a really good argument against the questionnaire I cited that seems to bother you.
    We have discussed this in depth on three occasions. Your only argument is that hypersensitivity = introversion even though you admit that its a tenuous correlation link and therefore despite you having 8 introverted types to chose from you said 'MUST B ISTP'. Most of the other contributors to the thread have contributed stories of Fi relief, Se inferior, Ni dom and Te parent and went 'Ahha, INTJ'. But you are still unwilling to back track and reconsider the original evidence and instead you are more interested in blaming everyone else for failures in the cohesiveness of your argument.

The amusement of INTP misquotes as well, I misquoted you on 'one post' and then you said 'I understood it fine' on the next in terms of what I understood. Make your mind up time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

He describes it as 'innate sensitiveness'. Type Carl Jung HSP and Elaine N. Aron into google and reveal to the group how far you get.
    But ... but you are going to use a Wikipedia reference as proof? Gah, now I have to get out my HSP book and see if she makes the correlation independently.

Oy vey. Will report back.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

But ... but you are going to use a Wikipedia reference as proof? Gah, now I have to get out my HSP book and see if she makes the correlation independently.

Oy vey. Will report back.
    Even better quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Aron
    The three articles titled "Sensory-Processing Sensitivity and Its Relation to Introversion and Emotionality," "Revisiting Jung's Concept of Innate Sensitiveness," and "Adult Shyness: The Interaction of Temperamental Sensitivity and a Negative Childhood Environment"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

That's the study I linked already, and it was published AFTER the book as an attempt to find correlates.

As I said, DING, I will report back to you from the source.

EDIT: GASP - I see I have to quote you directly from now on. Lest you delete evidence ...
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

We have discussed this in depth on three occasions. Your only argument is that hypersensitivity = introversion
    That's not a very precise summing of what I said. Using the equals sign is not very convincing in itself.

As I said before, "hypersensitivity" is a trait listed on an introversion test.

But if you would just stop and think, Jim, instead of "hyper-reacting," the test requires at least 15 "true" responses to the introverted traits listed.

That means, Jim, that someone could score "introverted" on the test and yet correctly answer "no" to the question on "hypersensitivity."

Now I've given away the only reasonable counter to my own claim. As usual, I had to do all the thinking myself.

even though you admit that its a tenuous correlation link and therefore despite you having 8 introverted types to chose from you said 'MUST B ISTP'. Most of the other contributors to the thread have contributed stories of Fi relief, Se inferior, Ni dom and Te parent and went 'Ahha, INTJ'. But you are still unwilling to back track and reconsider the original evidence and instead you are more interested in blaming everyone else for failures in the cohesiveness of your argument.

The amusement of INTP misquotes as well, I misquoted you on 'one post' and then you said 'I understood it fine' on the next in terms of what I understood. Make your mind up time.
    As I said above, if I accept the INTJ response then I open myself up to the criticism that I am stereotyping her son based on the fact that he plays a good chess game.

And by the way, I never wrote "I understood it fine."

Have you noticed yet that whenever I quote someone I actually use the quoting system here? Why don't you?

Banned

Have you noticed yet that whenever I quote someone I actually use the quoting system here? Why don't you?
    Because when I am talking to Peacebaby I quote her. I'm tired of telling INTPs that I am not their mother and to stop pawing me.

Hey look, now we are Realllyyy getting somewhere... LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Aron
    ; (b) reviewing Jung’s thoughts on the trait, along with the use of the
    term by other depth psychologists and its relation to the introverted attitude
    and intuitive function
    Let's continue

Quote Originally Posted by Aron
    As for the empirical relation of questionnaire measures of the function and sensitivity, a dominant intuitive function is typical of the self-identified sensitive person (Aron 1996). It is rare in my experience to find a sensitive person who is neither introverted nor intuitive. (Sensitive individuals are about equally likely to evidence on questionnaires a strong thinking or feeling function.) Thus, given the emphasis on thorough subjective processing of information found Jung’s concept of innate sensitiveness within the definitions of intuition, introversion, and sensitiveness, all three seem, in this sense only, to be nearly equivalent.