User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Thread: Type my son

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Hi Jim,

Could you go into further detail in regards to this? What do you mean by "hypersensitivity"?

Thanks!
    I feel like he means over-stimulation. Or that INxJ's can easily become over-stimulated because of how sensitive they are to immediate stimuli.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Hypersensitivity is a trait of the introverts who have Se in the inferior position only aka INTJ or INFJ (in theory). This provides causation for hypersensitivity.

An ISTP would be Ne sensitive. I've seen ISTPs blow up when an ENTP comes along and starts throwing ideas about which they can't reconcile. An entirely different phenomenon.
    Then I'd say you have a strange idea of causality. There is no thing affecting another thing to bring the idea of causality into play in the "inferior Se" explanation. If you want to bring in causes, then you should look to genetic and environmental factors.

And Introverts don't like to be overwhelmed with a barrage of information all at once, it doesn't matter what the information is or whose type it comes from:

http://www.theintrovertadvantage.com/SelfAssessment.pdf
    "When I take in lots of information, it takes me awhile to sort it out." So I can understand the ISTP outburst. The INTPs will be similarly overwhelmed (which I am), but not likely to blow up over it because they respond differently to events than the ISTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I feel like he means over-stimulation. Or that INxJ's can easily become over-stimulated because of how sensitive they are to immediate stimuli.
    The "hypersensitivity" concept refers back to the OP of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    He has a very strong reaction to smells and noise.

Anew Leaf

I find it interesting in that I am very much like that at times and I am not an INxJ. Se stuff does overwhelm me.... especially Se function in overdrive.

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the key in this instance is "immediate". I think Si inferiors can just get as over-stimulated, it would just have to remind us of something extremely nostalgic rooted in our past.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think the key in this instance is "immediate". I think Si inferiors can just get as over-stimulated, it would just have to remind us of something extremely nostalgic rooted in our past.
    The key idea in Si that leads to over-stimulation - or being overwhelmed in general - is the Introversion. S and N have nothing to do with it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Without a working definition of hypersensitivity, you are both talking circles around each other.

Neither of you are referring to any accepted dictionary-style definition:

hy·per·sen·si·tive   

1. excessively sensitive: to be hypersensitive to criticism.
    2. allergic to a substance to which persons do not normally react.

Both of you seem to be alluding to HSP (highly sensitive person) traits, but aside from the "smells and noise" reference, neither of you has expanded nor provided references. Perhaps that would be a helpful aside and you can then either simply agree to disagree or understand the other's point and move on. Then, the thread will cease to be derailed over misinterpreted semantics.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Without a working definition of hypersensitivity, you are both talking circles around each other.

Neither of you are referring to any accepted dictionary-style definition:

hy·per·sen·si·tive   

1. excessively sensitive: to be hypersensitive to criticism.
    2. allergic to a substance to which persons do not normally react.

Both of you seem to be alluding to HSP (highly sensitive person) traits, but aside from the "smells and noise" reference, neither of you has expanded nor provided references. Perhaps that would be a helpful aside and you can then either simply agree to disagree or understand the other's point and move on. Then, the thread will cease to be derailed over misinterpreted semantics.
    I know that "hypersensitivity" is normally defined in emotional terms. I'm just going along with Jim's terminology. Does that count as agreeing to disagree? Also, I just referred it back to the OP comment that led to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The "hypersensitivity" concept refers back to the OP of this thread. He has a very strong reaction to smells and noise.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The key idea in Si that leads to over-stimulation - or being overwhelmed in general - is the Introversion. S and N have nothing to do with it.
    I think the placement is rather important. I will agree that introversion may have a large affect on how sensitive one is to stimuli, but you can't say that inferior sensing traits (that which deals directly with physical stimuli) has no effect on the person either.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think the placement is rather important. I will agree that introversion may have a large affect on how sensitive one is to stimuli, but you can't say that inferior sensing traits (that which deals directly with physical stimuli) has no effect on the person either.
    What inferior sensing traits? And how do they affect a person?