User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 282

Thread: Type my son

  1. #211
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    "now admits he has said hypersensitivity = introversion"

    Please stop wasting my time knocking down your bizarre accusations against me. Perhaps you have a forum reputation to uphold as being "smart"? It was based on a false premise to begin with.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Jim, please try to pay closer attention to the thread:
    Fair point. My technical concerns regarding the typing you have done are still *live* as were.

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    "now admits he has said hypersensitivity = introversion"

    Please stop wasting my time knocking down your bizarre accusations against me. Perhaps you have a forum reputation to uphold as being "smart"? It was based on a false premise to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by mal
    and you can see from that short comment that I only connected "hypersensitivity" with introversion. The test page changed my mind about the "sensing and perceiving" comment I had made in the previous post. That's where I had originally formed the ISTP call. The second post quoted above indicates that I had changed my mind about linking "hypersensitivity" to sensing and perceiving. But since I never elaborated on this in the second post, I can see where you might have become confused. Obviously I had changed my mind about it, after all, I challenged you on your tertiary Se idea. And that's what started this debate rolling.
    Problem? Se inferior is not tertiary Se. That is, as it were the 4th function.

    I can also point to the strong reactions against injustice as an Fi trait. Indeed, that would tertiary Fi. This kid is about as ISTP as my left.... palm.

    Also, temper temper. Stick to the technical points instead of sulking and attacking the other people please.

  3. #213
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Fair point. My technical concerns regarding the typing you have done are still *live* as were.
    Whatever. Originally, I was trying to avoid boredom, and now you're just accomplishing that for me.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Whatever. Originally, I was trying to avoid boredom, and now you're just accomplishing that for me.
    I have no personal dislike or distaste for you, you proposed an idea which didn't make sense and lots of people have stated they disagree. Stop sulking and playing for a pity party mixed with stating everyone is doing what you want anyway. I have no interest in either doing what you want or not doing what you want.

    I'm just doing what seems the most technically right and to help discuss an informed opinion. If you can put forward a technically more sound argument I'd be happy to change my mind if it at least made Jungian, MBTI or Keirsey or Socionics or any other sort of Typology sense. The OP is 'Type my son' after all.

  5. #215
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I have no personal dislike or distaste for you, you proposed an idea which didn't make sense and lots of people have stated they disagree. Stop sulking and playing for a pity party mixed with stating everyone is doing what you want anyway. I have no interest in either doing what you want or not doing what you want.

    I'm just doing what seems the most technically right and to help discuss an informed opinion. If you can put forward a technically more sound argument I'd be happy to change my mind if it at least made Jungian, MBTI or Keirsey or Socionics or any other sort of Typology sense. The OP is 'Type my son' after all.
    The theory of inferior functions certainly constitutes an informed opinion, since that's all it amounts to is opinion. And it just so happens that you're informed about this opinion.

    But I recognize that many here want to employ it reductively as if it were Truth. I go along with it until something better comes along, such as, in this case, the various traits of introversion. And it just so happens that lily mentioned one of those traits.

    I saw where you were coming from with the Se inferior idea. Assuming, let's say, her son is an INTJ, then that indeed leaves Se as inferior. From this you may infer all kinds of ad hoc conclusions, all of which are cast down in light of the established fact that hypersensitivity is a common trait of introverts.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #216
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I'm just doing what seems the most technically right and to help discuss an informed opinion. If you can put forward a technically more sound argument I'd be happy to change my mind if it at least made Jungian, MBTI or Keirsey or Socionics or any other sort of Typology sense. The OP is 'Type my son' after all.
    "Introvert" is a type. But Myers-Briggs don't have the last word on that any more than, say, Ayn Rand had the last word on philosophy. She just thought she did. And Myers-Briggs' theory is over 70 years old. There are a lot of new ideas out there.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I saw where you were coming from with the Se inferior idea. Assuming, let's say, her son is an INTJ, then that indeed leaves Se as inferior. From this you may infer all kinds of ad hoc conclusions, all of which are cast down in light of the established fact that hypersensitivity is a common trait of introverts.
    Hypersensitivity is a trait of the introverts who have Se in the inferior position only aka INTJ or INFJ (in theory). This provides causation for hypersensitivity.

    An ISTP would be Ne sensitive. I've seen ISTPs blow up when an ENTP comes along and starts throwing ideas about which they can't reconcile. An entirely different phenomenon.

  8. #218
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    What you said is very interesting. The lazy vs. gold digger is very much him. I will have to read the ISTP descriptions, because I don't think I know any ISTP's.

    ( Although instead of lazy, I would say it's more, "let me get to the end result as quickly as I can without expending too much energy." It's slightly different than actual laziness, because it shows some intelligence.)
    It's how people interpret laziness. Too lazy to not work at all to get anything done is pure laziness. Looking for the shortest possible way to get something done is not (and is also somewhat of a Ti trait). Ti s do tend to feel a bit lazy if the labour is hard and the fruits are minimum. So that would be interpreted as laziness by some. But some would disagree, especially TPs and out of all the TPs the ISTPs.

  9. #219
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Hypersensitivity is a trait of the introverts who have Se in the inferior position only aka INTJ or INFJ (in theory). This provides causation for hypersensitivity.
    An ISTP would be Ne sensitive. I've seen ISTPs blow up when an ENTP comes along and starts throwing ideas about which they can't reconcile. An entirely different phenomenon.
    Hi Jim,

    Could you go into further detail in regards to this? What do you mean by "hypersensitivity"?

    Thanks!

  10. #220
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It's how people interpret laziness. Too lazy to not work at all to get anything done is pure laziness. Looking for the shortest possible way to get something done is not (and is also somewhat of a Ti trait). Ti s do tend to feel a bit lazy if the labour is hard and the fruits are minimum. So that would be interpreted as laziness by some. But some would disagree, especially TPs and out of all the TPs the ISTPs.
    I don't know if that's a trait of introverts, but it is typical for the E5 to try and conserve as much energy as possible.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Typing My Enigmatic Son
    By Redbone in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Anybody willing to help me type my teachers?
    By LordPwnage in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 03:28 AM
  3. Help me understand my son
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:18 PM
  4. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO