Thread: Type my son

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"now admits he has said hypersensitivity = introversion"

Please stop wasting my time knocking down your bizarre accusations against me. Perhaps you have a forum reputation to uphold as being "smart"? It was based on a false premise to begin with.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Jim, please try to pay closer attention to the thread:
    Fair point. My technical concerns regarding the typing you have done are still *live* as were.

"now admits he has said hypersensitivity = introversion"

Please stop wasting my time knocking down your bizarre accusations against me. Perhaps you have a forum reputation to uphold as being "smart"? It was based on a false premise to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by mal
    and you can see from that short comment that I only connected "hypersensitivity" with introversion. The test page changed my mind about the "sensing and perceiving" comment I had made in the previous post. That's where I had originally formed the ISTP call. The second post quoted above indicates that I had changed my mind about linking "hypersensitivity" to sensing and perceiving. But since I never elaborated on this in the second post, I can see where you might have become confused. Obviously I had changed my mind about it, after all, I challenged you on your tertiary Se idea. And that's what started this debate rolling.
    Problem? Se inferior is not tertiary Se. That is, as it were the 4th function.

I can also point to the strong reactions against injustice as an Fi trait. Indeed, that would tertiary Fi. This kid is about as ISTP as my left.... palm.

Also, temper temper. Stick to the technical points instead of sulking and attacking the other people please.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Fair point. My technical concerns regarding the typing you have done are still *live* as were.
    Whatever. Originally, I was trying to avoid boredom, and now you're just accomplishing that for me.

Banned

Whatever. Originally, I was trying to avoid boredom, and now you're just accomplishing that for me.
    I have no personal dislike or distaste for you, you proposed an idea which didn't make sense and lots of people have stated they disagree. Stop sulking and playing for a pity party mixed with stating everyone is doing what you want anyway. I have no interest in either doing what you want or not doing what you want.

I'm just doing what seems the most technically right and to help discuss an informed opinion. If you can put forward a technically more sound argument I'd be happy to change my mind if it at least made Jungian, MBTI or Keirsey or Socionics or any other sort of Typology sense. The OP is 'Type my son' after all.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have no personal dislike or distaste for you, you proposed an idea which didn't make sense and lots of people have stated they disagree. Stop sulking and playing for a pity party mixed with stating everyone is doing what you want anyway. I have no interest in either doing what you want or not doing what you want.

I'm just doing what seems the most technically right and to help discuss an informed opinion. If you can put forward a technically more sound argument I'd be happy to change my mind if it at least made Jungian, MBTI or Keirsey or Socionics or any other sort of Typology sense. The OP is 'Type my son' after all.
    The theory of inferior functions certainly constitutes an informed opinion, since that's all it amounts to is opinion. And it just so happens that you're informed about this opinion.

But I recognize that many here want to employ it reductively as if it were Truth. I go along with it until something better comes along, such as, in this case, the various traits of introversion. And it just so happens that lily mentioned one of those traits.

I saw where you were coming from with the Se inferior idea. Assuming, let's say, her son is an INTJ, then that indeed leaves Se as inferior. From this you may infer all kinds of ad hoc conclusions, all of which are cast down in light of the established fact that hypersensitivity is a common trait of introverts.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Introvert" is a type. But Myers-Briggs don't have the last word on that any more than, say, Ayn Rand had the last word on philosophy. She just thought she did. And Myers-Briggs' theory is over 70 years old. There are a lot of new ideas out there.

Banned

I saw where you were coming from with the Se inferior idea. Assuming, let's say, her son is an INTJ, then that indeed leaves Se as inferior. From this you may infer all kinds of ad hoc conclusions, all of which are cast down in light of the established fact that hypersensitivity is a common trait of introverts.
    Hypersensitivity is a trait of the introverts who have Se in the inferior position only aka INTJ or INFJ (in theory). This provides causation for hypersensitivity.

An ISTP would be Ne sensitive. I've seen ISTPs blow up when an ENTP comes along and starts throwing ideas about which they can't reconcile. An entirely different phenomenon.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    What you said is very interesting. The lazy vs. gold digger is very much him. I will have to read the ISTP descriptions, because I don't think I know any ISTP's.

( Although instead of lazy, I would say it's more, "let me get to the end result as quickly as I can without expending too much energy." It's slightly different than actual laziness, because it shows some intelligence.)
    It's how people interpret laziness. Too lazy to not work at all to get anything done is pure laziness. Looking for the shortest possible way to get something done is not (and is also somewhat of a Ti trait). Ti s do tend to feel a bit lazy if the labour is hard and the fruits are minimum. So that would be interpreted as laziness by some. But some would disagree, especially TPs and out of all the TPs the ISTPs.

Anew Leaf

Hypersensitivity is a trait of the introverts who have Se in the inferior position only aka INTJ or INFJ (in theory). This provides causation for hypersensitivity.
    An ISTP would be Ne sensitive. I've seen ISTPs blow up when an ENTP comes along and starts throwing ideas about which they can't reconcile. An entirely different phenomenon.
    Hi Jim,

Could you go into further detail in regards to this? What do you mean by "hypersensitivity"?

Thanks!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It's how people interpret laziness. Too lazy to not work at all to get anything done is pure laziness. Looking for the shortest possible way to get something done is not (and is also somewhat of a Ti trait). Ti s do tend to feel a bit lazy if the labour is hard and the fruits are minimum. So that would be interpreted as laziness by some. But some would disagree, especially TPs and out of all the TPs the ISTPs.
    I don't know if that's a trait of introverts, but it is typical for the E5 to try and conserve as much energy as possible.