Thread: Type my son

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Actually what happens next... Is what's going on now for another twenty or thirty posts.... And then it continue on the same path from there.
    The shame is that this issue should be a no-brainer for everyone: Jim has no substance to offer behind his idea that inferior Se "causes" (or even has anything to do with) hypersensitivity to one's environment. Whereas, on the other hand, I have a link to a test, and in fact when I was first searching for this information I saw other interesting links that stated the same thing, that hypersensitivity is related to introversion - PURELY, Jag. That means it doesn't NEED Se, Si, Te, Ti, etc etc. as causal factors.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    What happens next is that InvisibleJim relinquishes his point based on his fallacio
    I didn't realize you two were so close.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm not really picking sides so much as pointing out how futile it is to try to convince someone else of something, even with facts, without them wanting to change their mind in the first place.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I'm not really picking sides so much as pointing out how futile it is to try to convince someone else of something, even with facts, without them wanting to change their mind in the first place.
    Oh I'm sure you picked sides, and chose wrong. Now you're just saying you don't care anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

somehow i missed uumlau's first post, i think it was right on.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'd say he is very, very bored with school. So was I. School at that age, for me, was torture. I'd procrastinate on the homework. I'd get D's and C's in the really boring classes like "Social Studies." Even the stuff that was interesting was only marginally so. Math was still mechanical memorization. Science was "Oh, look, cool, dinosaurs," and regurgitating scientific "facts." Then there was the social aspect, where no one at that age was anything like me, so ostracization was the order of the day.

And what happened to me? I grew up and got a Ph.D. in physics.
    this sounds exactly like my INT brother too. he does shitty in easy subjects because he finds them boring. he's brilliant at bio and chem now in high school, though, and he's going into advanced programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    The psychologist who tested him did say that she felt like he just wanted to rush through everything and go with whatever the easiest answer was. So maybe he just blew off the test. I just wish we could help him figure out what his interests are so he wouldn't be so bored all the time. One of his problems is that he is dyslexic, so he hates reading. I think if he loved reading, he really could engage his brain with whatever his interests are.
    i'm all with uumlau on this one, how does he like videos? INT brother loves the science channel, history channel, videos explaining how things work and exploring places and things...

Anew Leaf

This thread takes the wedding cake on "derailment." And I wasn't even involved!

*watches 2nd horse of the apocalypse trot past*

On topic answer: Your son sounds pretty INTJ to me. If he is bored it is probably because he is lacking mental challenges of some kind. You could look into having an assessment done by a counselor just to make sure there isn't something being missed that is simply outside of a personality type. Are there any summer classes/camps/etc that he could attend?

hypersensitivity is related to introversion - PURELY, Jag.
    And robbing banks is related to INTPs - PURELY, malware.
    It's true, because I read an article on it. Oh, but I just can't find it right now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The strong reaction to noises and smells is purely an Introverted trait. The rest of the material you bolded is baby-hood history.
    Oh good, so now I'm an Introvert?

I'm glad you're such an expert. What would the rest of us do.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And robbing banks is related to INTPs - PURELY, malware.
    That's not even a good comparison. Now go to school.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

My point IS that I don't see anything naturally abnormal with his behavior unless it starts interfering with his life and others in a way that is really paralyzing, uncomfortable, and bordering on unhealthy. If it's not, then it's eccentric or peculiar. What I meant to say (and not derail the thread but maybe I wasn't clear enough) is that I was like that quite a bit as a kid, though not to *that* extent, I admit, and no one thought I was totally bonkers. Eccentric maybe. Weird. Ostracized because I was a bit bizarre and came from Mars. But I didn't turn into a serial killer or an antisocial idiot. It's all good. No worries.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.