Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That is precisely an ESFP trait, by the way. If you research ESFP descriptions I'm sure you will find one that states that the ESFPs need to take a break away from people. They lose social energy like an introvert would.
    it is? I thought ESFPs were the most extroverted of the types
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ReflecTcelfeR

Introversion and extroversion are all about endurance. Psychic endurance. Physical endurance alters psychic endurance, but I don't like denoting it as physical, doesn't have the right "ring" to it.

Introverts don't have the same tolerance. And before this is tinged with good and bad... They just are and as long as nothing proves it incorrectly it will be.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it is? I thought ESFPs were the most extroverted of the types
    When I look at LittleLinguist's comment again, I don't see anything special to type about being tired at the end of a long day. Nobody has endless reserves of energy.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned

I don't see where you're coming up with any of that. From "Only an INTP" all the way to "this is proof" it comes across to me as pure stark raving madness.
    I see you have completely lost the narrative. Let me do your legwork for you.

• mal present theory that child is autistic, hypersensitive ISTP for a few reasons especially that the child is introverted.
    • I pointed out that hypersensitivity is more apparent in Ni doms than Ti doms due to Se inferior in Jungian terms and said 'although introversion and hypersensitivity correlate, they do not always correlate, nor indeed do they causate'
    • mal provides a link which shows 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing'
    • This link is a test with some questions which have nothing to do with hypersensitivity.
    • I point out that it is a logical fallacy; again and that you are ignoring that.
    • I'm glad you have now pointed out that your own behaviour is akin to stark raving madness. Good show.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

When I look at LittleLinguist's comment again, I don't see anything special to type about being tired at the end of a long day. Nobody has endless reserves of energy.
    oh, your post gave the impression that you were specifically referring to that as an ESFP trait, but yes, what you're saying makes sense, it's just like how introverts need to talk to someone about their ideas. introversion isn't like the other MBTI dichotomies. everyone is classifiable either an STJ, SFJ, STP, SFP, NFP, NFJ, NTP or NTJ, but I/E is different.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Jim, when you go to paraphrase someone else's thoughts it is always advisable to be extremely accurate, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I see you have completely lost the narrative. Let me do your legwork for you.

• mal present theory that child is autistic, hypersensitive ISTP for a few reasons especially that the child is introverted.
    • I pointed out that hypersensitivity is more apparent in Ni doms than Ti doms due to Se inferior in Jungian terms and said 'although introversion and hypersensitivity correlate, they do not always correlate, nor indeed do they causate'
    • mal provides a link which shows 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing'
    • This link is a test with some questions which have nothing to do with hypersensitivity.
    • I point out that it is a logical fallacy; again and that you are ignoring that.
    • I'm glad you have now pointed out that your own behaviour is akin to stark raving madness. Good show.
    Point one is way off base. But I'll let that one pass because I know you're driving toward a different point.

Point two: my argument was intended to show that hypersensitivity is not "correlated" with introversion, not always and not even at times. And inferior Se has nothing to do with any of this.

Point three: obviously the test is about introversion and that was the original point at dispute. That her son is hypersensitive was stated by the OP. Hypersensitivity corresponds with an introverted trait. But even then, the test requires 15+ "true" responses to diagnose introversion.

And please try to quote me correctly. Nowhere did I state that the test was 'proof that introversion and hypersensitivity are the same thing.' Please try not to project your cognitive errors. What I said was,
    Hypersensitivity to stimuli has to do with introversion.
    Point four: The test contains a question concerning hypersensitivity, and by the way I knew you would go to all lengths to try to knock it down as a valid point on my side.

Point five: You never named any logical fallacy I may have committed. But you used some scientific language about "correlations" incorrectly.

Point six: thank you for granting me this opportunity to clarify your errors in more detail, Jim.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    oh, your post gave the impression that you were specifically referring to that as an ESFP trait, but yes, what you're saying makes sense, it's just like how introverts need to talk to someone about their ideas. introversion isn't like the other MBTI dichotomies. everyone is classifiable either an STJ, SFJ, STP, SFP, NFP, NFJ, NTP or NTJ, but I/E is different.
    LL is reportedly an ENFP. She self-described an ESFP trait which seemed out of place for her. But now when I reconsider her original comment, I don't think it had anything to do with typology.

As a side note, the ANSIR Philosopher type can go days without sleeping, and then they sleep like the dead and hate to be wakened. And one of the secretaries of the Maharishi Mahesh related to me the story of how his Master would stay up for an entire year, and then sleep for two weeks straight.

The strong reaction to noises and smells is purely an Introverted trait.

What's next - calling vaginitis an extroverted trait?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What's next - calling vaginitis an extroverted trait?
    No. What happens next is that InvisibleJim relinquishes his point based on his fallacious premises.

ReflecTcelfeR

Actually what happens next... Is what's going on now for another twenty or thirty posts.... And then it continue on the same path from there.