MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I use the evidence provided. Thanks.
    The strong reaction to noises and smells is purely an Introverted trait. The rest of the material you bolded is baby-hood history.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The strong reaction to noises and smells is purely an Introverted trait. The rest of the material you bolded is baby-hood history.
    Two problems. First, the link you supplied to a study is an Error 400; second as I said the only evidence I've seen is correlation; not causation otherwise.

Are you trying to Salomé the debate?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Two problems. First, the link you supplied to a study is an Error 400; second as I said the only evidence I've seen is correlation; not causation otherwise.

Are you trying to Salomé the debate?
    The link worked for me when I tested it on the forum. But the source does not allow copy and paste, so I quoted the relevant question. The entire test consists of "yes-no" questions on introversion.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I found a pdf of the same test here: http://www.theintrovertadvantage.com/SelfAssessment.pdf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I found a pdf of the same test here: http://www.theintrovertadvantage.com/SelfAssessment.pdf
    This doesn't give us any view on causation of hypersensitivity and introversion. It's a blank questionairre. I'm well aware that they correlate; but the question would be why do they causate?

I have absolutely no idea what type your son is. Good luck.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This doesn't give us any view on causation of hypersensitivity and introversion. It's a blank questionairre. I'm well aware that they correlate; but the question would be why do they causate?
    Those traits in the questionnaire, including the hypersensitivity question, are the introversion, they do not correlate with introversion. What causes introversion? Genetics, environment, sometimes trauma. Who knows?

I have a master's degree in as a speech therapist, special education and reading. My son is in the ASD, my mother is in the ASD, my grandfather was in the ASD... Many of the characteristics listed are consistent with HFA; actually, it is pretty text book. Thanks for your input there Jimmy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poconos3 View Post
    I have a master's degree in as a speech therapist, special education and reading. My son is in the ASD, my mother is in the ASD, my grandfather was in the ASD... Many of the characteristics listed are consistent with HFA; actually, it is pretty text book. Thanks for your input there Jimmy

Okay, let me show the speech therapist why I dont buy it.

Let me remind that the topic is not 'High Level Autism' but does Hypersensitivity CAUSATE with Introversion.

_____When I work on projects, I like to have larger uninterrupted time periods rather
    than smaller chunks. - Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I sometimes rehearse things before speaking, occasionally writing notes for myself. - Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____In general, I like to listen more than I like to talk.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____People sometimes think I’m quiet, mysterious, aloof or calm.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I like to share special occasions with just one person or a few close friends, rather
    than have big celebrations.- Potential hypersensitivity
    _____I usually need to think before I respond or speak.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I tend to notice details many people don’t see.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____If two people have just had a fight, I feel the tension in the air.- Potential hypersensitivity
    _____If I say I will do something, I almost always do it.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I feel anxious if I have a deadline or pressure to finish a project.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I can “zone out” if too much is going on.- Shows the opposite of hypersensitivity
    _____I like to watch an activity for a while before I decide to join in.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I form lasting relationships.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I don’t like to interrupt others; I don’t like to be interrupted.- Potential hypersensitivity, isnt this just good manners?
    _____When I take in lots of information, it takes me awhile to sort it out.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I don’t like over-stimulating environments. I can’t imagine why folks want to go
    to horror movies or go on roller coasters._____I sometimes have strong reactions to smells, tastes, foods, weather, noises, etc.- Correlates with hypersensitivity
    _____I am creative and/or imaginative.- Does not show hypersensitivity

Seriously, I'd hope that you speach therapists would learn to read posts; alas you must spend far too much time speaking instead. Even us Masters of Engineering postgraduates learn how to read and social skills are not our strong point.
    _____I feel drained after social situations, even when I enjoy myself.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I prefer to be introduced rather than to introduce others.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I can become grouchy if I’m around people or activities too long.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I often feel uncomfortable in new surroundings.- Borderline shows hypersensitivity
    _____I like people to come to my home, but I don’t like them to stay too long.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I often dread returning phone calls.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I find my mind sometimes goes blank when I meet people or when I am asked to
    speak unexpectedly.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I talk slowly or have gaps in my words, especially if I am tired or if I am trying to
    speak and think at once.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I don’t think of casual acquaintances as friends.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____I feel as if I can’t show other people my work or ideas until they are fully
    formulated.- Does not show hypersensitivity
    _____Other people may surprise me by thinking I am smarter than I think I am- Does not show hypersensitivity

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

wrt dyslexia:

Has your son had a full eye examination done by a reputable developmental or pediatric optometrist? This would be different than just seeing the eye dr for a regular eye exam.

Reading and Vision

An excerpt:

"Reading requires children to accurately use all of their language, decoding, phonetic, and visual skills to successfully recognize words and gather meaning from the written text. Unfortunately, about 20% of school-aged children struggle to read. Some of these children suffer from learning disabilities or dyslexia, the inability of the brain's verbal language or auditory processing centers to accurately decode print or phonetically make the connection between the word's written symbols and their appropriate sounds. However, a large portion of children struggling to read are not dyslexic at all; their phonetic awareness and language processing skills are fine. It's their vision that is interfering with their ability to read."

Some children do have dyslexia, but others instead have vision problems that can benefit from a variety of therapies.

Vision therapy itself is controversial, as some people praise it highly and others feel it of little value. Their praise or lack thereof likely stems from whether or not they felt the therapy useful for their particular situation. So I can't comment on that. However, I do personally know parents who feel it changed their child's life.

So that might be a helpful path to explore.

-----

Additionally, there are theories suggesting that a lack of vitamin D could be a contributing factor to autism and even dyslexia.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--NqqB2nhBE"]Dr. John Cannell on vitamin D[/YOUTUBE]

As an aside, the evidence to support vitamin D supplementation for a variety of health benefits is compelling - this video is long, but snappy, and quite interesting:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0"]Vitamin D and Prevention of Chronic Diseases[/YOUTUBE]

Some food for thought - I wish you the best with your son.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching