User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Thread: Type my son

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'd go with INTJ. No, his IQ isn't 90, but an IQ test actually has to be "interesting" to actually measure that. No 90-IQ kid is going to beat adults at chess.
    The psychologist who tested him did say that she felt like he just wanted to rush through everything and go with whatever the easiest answer was. So maybe he just blew off the test. I just wish we could help him figure out what his interests are so he wouldn't be so bored all the time. One of his problems is that he is dyslexic, so he hates reading. I think if he loved reading, he really could engage his brain with whatever his interests are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Your son sounds like a recluse. But that's how most introverted boys are at that particular age. (Especially the T types.) They want to just spend time alone. With age they would change and be more communicative and friendly. They just need some life expereicne to learn how to deal with people.

And I believe your son is a ISTP. From my experience that's just how ISTPs are when they are young. Until they are around 16 to 17. And I conveniently dismissed ISTJ because he works only when he has to (when he sees rewards). That screams ISTP and not ISTJ. ISTPs are a bit lazy. But when they smell the gold they'll start digging. Digging faster than any other type. And probably would get rid of the competition too.

Oh, when he hits 16,17 he'll start noticing girls. Then he'll start acting like a ExFJ .
    What you said is very interesting. The lazy vs. gold digger is very much him. I will have to read the ISTP descriptions, because I don't think I know any ISTP's.

( Although instead of lazy, I would say it's more, "let me get to the end result as quickly as I can without expending too much energy." It's slightly different than actual laziness, because it shows some intelligence.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Babies do tend to have lower IQ. And for a 10 year old to have an IQ of 100 is quite good. I am 23 and mine is only 132. IQ has nothing to do with getting good grades though. from what I have noticed students with the best grades are the ones with average IQs. And IQ is a poor way of testing someone's capacity. And it is unfair to subject a 10 year old kid in to one. And I object kids being subjected to tests such as these and ranks. It would only make them feel inadequate. And it is unfair.

And for your information I know students my age with IQs in to their 150s who are total losers when it comes to anything useful, such as getting good grades or accomplishing anything. IQ has nothing to with with one's abilities.
    He had the IQ test as a part of a series of tests the school and state required to get him special services. He talks high-level, but was reading at a kindergarten level in 4th grade. We told him the testing was just something the school required since he was new there, and didn't tell him that it had anything to do with his abilities. Since the testing, we are homeschooling him, because he reads at such a low level, but only likes high-level books, especially history. I read everything to him. He says he loves homeschool and never wants to go back to school ever again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I vote INTJ also. I'm thinking Ni-dom child over Ti-dom.

For comparison, here are some traits of each (the Ni traits remind me more of how you describe your son):
    Definitely the Ni-dom.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

From reading this thread, INTJ seems most likely.

There is some perceiver traits in it as well though, so not a very strong judger, but that might be age. A ten year old hardly has his cognative functions under control yet, so there is plenty of room for deviation. The path he seems to be on seems to lead to INTJ nonetheless. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Te and Fi are foreign to Fe and Ti. Worse with this Se inferior and the accompanying hypersensitivity to stimuli such as smell and the according need for the kid to keep his head and physical distance from people.
    Yeah. Makes sense, I suppose.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Just a few random things...

He actually was not difficult to calm down as a baby. It's just that he required singing instead of physical-type calming. Once we figured out the singing thing, he was fairly easy to calm down.

IQ scores are supposed to be stable across a person's life. So even though a preschool child would know less as far as book learning than an adult, they would still score similarly in IQ as an adult, as they did on the child-version (WISC I think it is called). So babies do not have low IQ's. They just have low knowledge. No one can test a baby's IQ anyway. IQ scores only test math and linguistic types of intelligence. They don't test musical or kinesthetic or any of those types of intelligence.

Labels are a compicated thing. They really do help people (with a sense of relief). Children know they are different without the label and sometimes it helps to know that there is a reason they are different. However, labels can also be limiting. We had one "expert" really scare us with an assessment of our son, and he has already out-performed her doom and gloom predictions, so we have to be careful not to let labels be limiting. I kind of laugh at people who protest labeling on this website, since the whole Myers-Briggs is about labeling to help us understand ourselves and each other. If you hate labeling, why are you on here, anyway?

This is totally off topic, but since it was on this discussion - Just because people are religious or have sexual standards, doesn't mean they are prudes. My husband and I fall in the conservative Christian category and so we (and many of our friends) believe that you are supposed to wait until you are married until you have sex. But that doesn't mean that it's boring after that! When you are with just one person, you can get to know them so well that you can really let yourself go. So I don't think that is prudish at all. Now I don't know about the SJ's, since my husband and I are N's, and I do know a couple of prudes that we are friends with as well, but religious does not equal prudish. Unless you think that prudish means not having sex with a lot of people. All I know is, we don't have any diseases, we were never surprised by any unwanted pregnancies, we don't have any weird "ex" problems, and we trust each other not to cheat at a much higher level than most couples. It's good stuff.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That test does not distinguish S from N. Apparently they are not differentiated in children. Whatever his interests are they should be encouraged, whatever they are, whether it's chess or football, and whatever his type happens to be.
    N and S are more differentiated in children not less.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

So therefore you have decided to advocate labels to other peoples children via the medium of a typology forum. Are you a trained psychological practitioner?
    I have about the same training as everybody else around here.

In shocking obviousness children who are disinterested score lower in boring tests. So do disinterested adults.
    However, you have no clue as to the reason for lily's 10 year old son scoring 91 on an IQ test, or what his mindset was while taking the test, or even what kind of test it was since IQ tests don't even have to be done on paper. You simply assumed - on the basis of a label she gave him - that lily's "INTJ" son was bored with his IQ test and therefore got a lower score than he should have.

You took a diagnosed "label" from someone with as much formal training as I have and decided that you could infer all this other stuff about him.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    N and S are more differentiated in children not less.
    Actually, the scoring system on that test follows a different rule than that. Sometimes it omits scores for N/S and sometime F/T. In lily's result it purposely left out the F/T, which is silly because he was obviously a T from her description. Or is the test-maker claiming that her Grand Strategist child could turn around in a few years and become a touchy-feeling F?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”