Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Your constant stereotyping me as a stereotyper is ridiculous. Furthermore, you never offered a guess as to the kid's type until now, you were completely off topic the entire time.
    That's because I can't let you mislead poor Lily with bullshit about her son's IQ. You're horrible at typing people, your methods are obtuse (all SJs are religious in some way?) and of course you do realize that I'm actually an Ne dom, right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your constant stereotyping me as a stereotyper is ridiculous. Furthermore, you never offered a guess as to the kid's type until now, you were completely off topic the entire time.
    That's because I can't let you mislead poor Lily with bullshit about her son's IQ. You're horrible at typing people, your methods are obtuse (all SJs are religious in some way?) and of course you do realize that I'm actually an Ne dom, right?

Banned

I don't have to care what other people think unless they offer valid arguments. Yes Jim is right, sometimes IQ tests mess up. But for some reason he disagreed with lily's idea that her son has Asperger's. Many of those cases are misdiagnosed when they are children, but it has been replaced with a different diagnosis these days: high-functioning autism. I've known a couple respectable scientists who started out in life as misunderstood low-achievers with undiagnosed Asperger's.
    I could at the drop of the hat test as a borderline aspie, not because of social inhibition but because of what I value and how. Luckily I came from an SFJ mother household with a very male environment and therefore me (and my brothers) very techno-geeky preferences were not viewed as 'bad' but we were left to develop and do as we required rather than pretending to do what we did not enjoy to keep the piece. Both myself and my brother live totally normal lives, her son just appears very similar in what he enjoys and why. The reason others are identifying it as 'aspie' is because it isn't company-cat behaviour.

Labels are dumb and I wouldn't throw them around because if you can use the label you can apply a different label that is more suiting to your experience.

Occams Razor.

This is merely the behaviour of a mathematically and technically minded individual.

Yes, but isn't it just a function of how he scored relative to other children his age based on a bell curve?
    No, there is not a unique IQ curve for children. You see the problem?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    His tested IQ is 91. We were very surprised because our family tends to have high IQ's in general. I never heard that about babies and IQ. Do you happen to remember where you heard/read that? I would be interested in finding out more about that.
    Babies do tend to have lower IQ. And for a 10 year old to have an IQ of 100 is quite good. I am 23 and mine is only 132. IQ has nothing to do with getting good grades though. from what I have noticed students with the best grades are the ones with average IQs. And IQ is a poor way of testing someone's capacity. And it is unfair to subject a 10 year old kid in to one. And I object kids being subjected to tests such as these and ranks. It would only make them feel inadequate. And it is unfair.

And for your information I know students my age with IQs in to their 150s who are total losers when it comes to anything useful, such as getting good grades or accomplishing anything. IQ has nothing to with with one's abilities.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Babies do tend to have lower IQ. And for a 10 year old to have an IQ of 100 is quite good. I am 23 and mine is only 132. IQ has nothing to do with getting good grades though. from what I have noticed students with the best grades are the ones with average IQs. And IQ is a poor way of testing someone's capacity. And it is unfair to subject a 10 year old kid in to one. And I object and kids being subjest to tests such as these and ranks. It would only make them feel in adequate. And it is unfair.

And for your information I know students my age with IQs in to their 150s who are total losers when it comes to anything useful, such as getting good grades or accomplishing anything. IQ has nothing to with with one's abilities.
    Only 132... *rolls on floor laughing* 'I'm only in the top 20% of the population..'

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I could at the drop of the hat test as a borderline aspie, not because of social inhibition but because of what I value and how. Luckily I came from an SFJ mother household with a very male environment and therefore me (and my brothers) very techno-geeky preferences were not viewed as 'bad' but we were left to develop and do as we required rather than pretending to do what we did not enjoy to keep the piece. Both myself and my brother live totally normal lives, her son just appears very similar in what he enjoys and why. The reason others are identifying it as 'aspie' is because it isn't company-cat behaviour.

Labels are dumb and I wouldn't throw them around because if you can use the label you can apply a different label that is more suiting to your experience.

Occams Razor.

This is merely the behaviour of a mathematically and technically minded individual.
    Lily stated above she believes that the description at an Asperger's page sounds like her son. Someone else, perhaps you, advised her to forget about that. However, if a student needs to be in an IEP program at school, then I'm afraid a label is a definite requirement. Such a "label" is called a "diagnosis."
    A "label" got my step-daughter through high school. Without that "label" she would have been treated like every other student, and she would not have graduated.

And if it wasn't for "labels," this forum wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    No, there is not a unique IQ curve for children. You see the problem?
    This last did not appear in your post until I replied to it. I haven't looked into the issue of children and their IQ curves.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Babies do tend to have lower IQ. And for a 10 year old to have an IQ of 100 is quite good. I am 23 and mine is only 132. IQ has nothing to do with getting good grades though. from what I have noticed students with the best grades are the ones with average IQs. And IQ is a poor way of testing someone's capacity. And it is unfair to subject a 10 year old kid in to one.
    Then I regret to inform you that IQ tests are commonly given to pre-grade school children.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Babies who are difficult to calm down have lower IQ. Some here have mentioned that IQ can increase with age, and I'm ok with that.

Riva

Then I regret to inform you that IQ tests are commonly given to pre-grade school children.
    And I am so very glad that where I come from is not the same.

Banned

Lily stated above she believes that the description at an Asperger's page sounds like her son. Someone else, perhaps you, advised her to forget about that. However, if a student needs to be in an IEP program at school, then I'm afraid a label is a definite requirement. Such a "label" is called a "diagnosis."
    A "label" got my step-daughter through high school. Without that "label" she would have been treated like every other student, and she would not have graduated.

And if it wasn't for "labels," this forum wouldn't exist.

This last did not appear in your post until I replied to it. I haven't looked into the issue of children and their IQ curves.
    So therefore you have decided to advocate labels to other peoples children via the medium of a typology forum. Are you a trained psychological practitioner?

Babies who are difficult to calm down have lower IQ. Some here have mentioned that IQ can increase with age, and I'm ok with that.
    In shocking obviousness children who are disinterested score lower in boring tests. So do disinterested adults.