Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    a debate that was not intended to be a series of essays on the subject of SFJ's.
    BUT THEY'RE SO HOT

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    BUT THEY'RE SO HOT
    So.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So.
    ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?
    Um yeah (capslock).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

If you get the creepy crawlies while watching a scary movie, then yes you do believe in the supernatural.
    lol that's not true. i've discovered that i get the creepy crawlies purely from the music in scary movies. turn it off, crawlies gone. it's about raising instinctive fear and the feeling of impending danger, not actually believing in ghosties.

Also:
    "i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions."

I made an earlier statement about the ESFJ upholding social institutions, but you didn't quote that part.

I don't see where we disagree at all, you've just added much more detail to a debate that was not intended to be a series of essays on the subject of SFJ's. But thanks anyway.

so i missed one statement amongst many. the way you're wording it clearly makes SFJs sound brainless, and i'm not the only one who's picked up on this. i was trying to be diplomatic about it, but nooo. and you, sir, are the one pulling the the topic away from the OP. i am just seeking to rectify baseless stereotypes.

apologies for your thread, lily. i will be interested what you have to say about our ideas for your son.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um yeah (capslock).
    Correction: he's probably ISTJ anyway, he just looked at that strange behavior thread and said, "whoa all of this ISTJ stuff sounds like me."

So SJs are hot, not just SFJs.

P.S. Skylights is right about sound effects in scary movies. It goes beyond mere music, too, there's an underlying primitive sound they can manipulate that causes people to feel instinctive fear. Other primitive fears are played upon too in the construction of really good horror, not just supernatural things.

I believe there are ghosts, though. Or something like it. They might not have full blown personalities, but they are remaining traces of energy impressions. This is how old houses tell a story.

Riva

Your son sounds like a recluse. But that's how most introverted boys are at that particular age. (Especially the T types.) They want to just spend time alone. With age they would change and be more communicative and friendly. They just need some life expereicne to learn how to deal with people.

And I believe your son is a ISTP. From my experience that's just how ISTPs are when they are young. Until they are around 16 to 17. And I conveniently dismissed ISTJ because he works only when he has to (when he sees rewards). That screams ISTP and not ISTJ. ISTPs are a bit lazy. But when they smell the gold they'll start digging. Digging faster than any other type. And probably would get rid of the competition too.

Oh, when he hits 16,17 he'll start noticing girls. Then he'll start acting like a ExFJ .

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I still see INTJ most of all. he exudes Te/Fi and he's not ISTJ or ISFP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

While INTJs may excel at a particular style of intelligence, there is no real correlation between being smart and being a particular personality type.
    I meant to reply to this but I was at work and forgot. There are correlations between being smart and particular personalities types. But that's all they are. In case you haven't seen this page before (it's been cited on this forum), here it is again. Of course it's not predictive beyond the statistical, YMMV:

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpre...and-happiness/

Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 25 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).
    Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 2.6 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 4.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is 1.6 times as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).
    Moreover, if you encounter an INTJ, there is a 22% probability that his IQ places him in the top 2 percent of the population. (Disclosure: I am an INTJ.) Next are INTP, at 14%; ENTJ, 8%; ENTP, 5%; and INFJ, 5%. (The next highest type is the INFP at 3%.) The five types (INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, and INFJ) account for 78% of the high-IQ population but only 15% of the total population.**
    Four of the five most-intelligent types are NTs, as one would expect, given the probabilities cited above. Those same probabilities lead to the dominance of INTJs and INTPs, which account for 49% of the Mensa membership but only 5% of the general population.**
    Persons with the S preference bring up the rear, when it comes to taking IQ tests.**

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I meant to reply to this but I was at work and forgot. There are correlations between being smart and particular personalities types. But that's all they are. In case you haven't seen this page before (it's been cited on this forum), here it is again. Of course it's not predictive beyond the statistical, YMMV:

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpre...and-happiness/
    OH.MY.GOD.

Did you just link me to a libertarian blog to make your point?

And I thought my little running naked/get in the damn car story was the hilarious high point of this thread.

It just keeps on giving.