Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'm just happy that some people are satisfied that "strategist" = INTJ. I don't care about Keirsey, he was a third runner-up in the typology game right out of the starting gate. His problem is that he is anti-Jungian. Your issue with cultural stereotyping doesn't matter in typology. But if some author is going to make money at the typology game, obviously he or she isn't going to aim books and conferences at the Africans or the Cubans.
    No, no, you're absolutely right. Now excuse me while I go run drunk and naked through the street until my ISxJ comes and demands that I get in the car.

"Now."

"But..."

"No. Quit cryin' and get in the car. ISFJ knows best. What you're doing is dirty."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No, no, you're absolutely right. Now excuse me while I go run drunk and naked through the street until my ISxJ comes and demands that I get in the car.

"Now."

"But..."

"No. Quit cryin' and get in the car. ISFJ knows best. What you're doing is dirty."
    Gawd, more of Marmie's sex life. I mean really, you devote every single thread you're on to at least one comment about it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Gawd, more of Marmie's sex life. I mean really, you devote every single thread you're on to at least one comment about it.
    I find his prudishness kind of hot. I want him to spank me for being bad.

ThatGirl

Marm....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know, I'm hilarious.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I find his prudishness kind of hot. I want him to spank me for being bad.
    If anybody can and did draw a prudish female ISFJ out of character, that would be me. However, personality is about how people appear to others, not how they appear at midnight in the privacy of their bedrooms.

ThatGirl

If anybody can and did draw a prudish female ISFJ out of character, that would be me. However, personality is about how people appear to others, not how they appear at midnight in the privacy of their bedrooms.
    Yup. Personality is nourished 1/2 how we appear to others and the consequence/reward of that. 1/4 how we feel about/see ourselves. 1/8th as we would like to be, and 1/8th as we consistently manage to maintain through out every day life.

....Roughly, and from what I have experienced/observed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345
    I think even Jung originally indicated the Sensors will believe in the supernatural. The SFJ wouldn't even question it. The ISFJ would put a personal spin on things (earth-mother versus God, for example). The ESFJ is just following cultural religious norms.
    Your ex was a very interesting ESFJ because integral to their type's make-up is following cultural norms. The ESFJ type forms the backbone of many of our cultural institutions, religious or otherwise.
    They are religious in some other way.
    i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions. i also think that all Si dominants have a good conceptualization of concrete data - what things are, what they have been, what they are likely to be, what they are similar to and what they are different from, how they are similar and different... the "forms" or measures of things. thus an SFJ in particular has the gifts that allow them to be an incredibly skilled guardian of the things that keep our social worlds functioning. but it's quite a different thing to have that gift available, and to limit its usage to "following" norms. i don't think it's about following at all - i think it's much, much more aware than that. i think it's about choosing, using, and changing norms. navigating social waters, if you will - not just allowing oneself to be swept along by a current.

in much the same way, i think that SFJs are very likely to be aware of their particular society's religious and supernatural views and how those views impact their day-to-day lives, but whether the SFJ chooses to embrace those same views is a very different story. my own ESFJ mother and i share incredibly similar religious views - we were both raised loosely catholic, are now both agnostic believers in a grand divine entity, choose to draw wisdom from many religions, and choose not to attempt to define our views much further than that. we are both loosely spiritual. neither of us really believe in the supernatural, but both of us agree that we feel certain "taboos" - for instance, not pretending like someone in your family has died to get out of work. i suppose you could say we both have a loose sense of karma. i don't think that has anything to do with type, really. my ISFJ grandma is a deist, i believe. i think attributing "religious in some ways" to SFJ and "personalizes belief" to ISFJs is very, very specific. i think most people are religious in some way. i mean statistically, i'm pretty sure they are. and pretty much everyone i've ever met personalizes their beliefs in some ways... even the most rigid catholics typically choose their own patron saints.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    in much the same way, i think that SFJs are very likely to be aware of their particular society's religious and supernatural views and how those views impact their day-to-day lives, but whether the SFJ chooses to embrace those same views is a very different story. my own ESFJ mother and i share incredibly similar religious views - we were both raised loosely catholic, are now both agnostic believers in a grand divine entity, choose to draw wisdom from many religions, and choose not to attempt to define our views much further than that. we are both loosely spiritual. neither of us really believe in the supernatural,
    If you get the creepy crawlies while watching a scary movie, then yes you do believe in the supernatural.

Also:
    "i really have to disagree with all of these, mal. or perhaps i am not understanding your wording. i don't think being an ESFJ is about following cultural norms at all. i think that all Fe dominants have a good understanding of interpersonal relationships and interactions between people, and as such they are the most skilled at building, defining, rerouting, and upholding social ties and therefore social institutions."

I made an earlier statement about the ESFJ upholding social institutions, but you didn't quote that part.

I don't see where we disagree at all, you've just added much more detail to a debate that was not intended to be a series of essays on the subject of SFJ's. But thanks anyway.