Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    um, everyone cares about being rejected. An INTJ is just more likely to rationalize it by saying "I don't need friends anyway, I'll take over the world on my own!" instead of breaking down and killing him/herself.
    actually, some people genuinely don't care about being rejected. not to put you in a box or anything, but lots of Fe users have a hard time grasping this.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, some people genuinely don't care about being rejected. not to put you in a box or anything, but lots of Fe users have a hard time grasping this.
    they're lying :p

not everyone cares about being rejected by any random person, but everyone has at least 1 person whom they'd be devastated if they were rejected by them.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

um, everyone cares about being rejected.
    No one enjoys being rejected but some are less likely, if at all, to allow it to impact much to none, on self-esteem.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

not everyone cares about being rejected by any random person, but everyone has at least 1 person whom they'd be devastated if they were rejected by them.
    I concede to you on this point, but this is an instance of intimate rejection, not social rejection.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yeah, and the reason for the rejection matters too, at least to me.

There are things people would judge me for that I can brush off fairly easily, because I think they're stupid reasons to judge someone. There are other things I'm a lot touchier about, mostly things I'm insecure about myself.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No one enjoys being rejected but some are less likely, if at all, to allow it to impact much to none, on self-esteem.
    True, but I think this is more a matter of maturity than type or even introversion-extroversion.
    I concede to you on this point, but this is an instance of intimate rejection, not social rejection.
    ahhh sorry, I lost track of the context. You're right, social rejection is different, but it's still a matter of maturity I think. An isfj for example may not care if he's rejected by a person he doesn't know, only if it's someone he respects. And an extrovert might just take rejection in stride, since they probably experience it regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post

There are things people would judge me for that I can brush off fairly easily, because I think they're stupid reasons to judge someone. There are other things I'm a lot touchier about, mostly things I'm insecure about myself.
    lol, yes, it's not hard to find an INTJ for example who will refuse to admit that they even have emotions, much less insecurities, but their behaviour paints a very different picture :p
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

um, everyone cares about being rejected. An INTJ is just more likely to rationalize it by saying "I don't need friends anyway, I'll take over the world on my own!" instead of breaking down and killing him/herself.
    I agree with this. Rejected INTJs just turn into fucking assholes. There are, in fact, very well-adjusted ones, so I'm pretty sure they really do care, but their defense mechanism is to become cold evil geniuses when they find people disappointing.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's not that Fi users don't care. I think the difference is that an Fi user is more inclined to place their personal values first, even if those values prove to be unpopular and lead to rejection by others. This doesn't mean the Fi user doesn't care about rejected. They might care very deeply but if there's an important value at stake, they may feel like they should let their values override the relationship. I don't think Fe users are nearly as likely to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post

This.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I am an introvert and I recently read a book on the good traits of introverts - you know, they have deeper relationships, etc.

But I have always felt like I was just introverted because I am terrified of being rejected by people. It's easier to be alone than to risk being rejected all the time. So I have seen it as an undesirable trait and I have worked hard on gaining social skills to overcome that undesirability.

Is introversion truly a gift/positive attribute? Should I embrace it, or keep working on being more social?
    Well there's a difference between introversion and shyness. Introversion is more of an unconscious tendency to reflect, rather than engage the outside world. Shyness is much more conscious, to the point where it becomes painful for some individuals.

I think that if your life demands that you extend yourself to engage the world, then go for it.

Introversion is just introversion. It's going to have it's own drawbacks and advantages depending on a persons' personal experiences and how they're interpreted.

Furthermore, it's possible to be introverted but still be social. Just not necessarily in the stereotypical extraverted image.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I agree with this. Rejected INTJs just turn into fucking assholes. There are, in fact, very well-adjusted ones, so I'm pretty sure they really do care, but their defense mechanism is to become cold evil geniuses when they find people disappointing.
    I was amused by a similar statement on ENFP forum. The answer is that when it comes to Pe-Ji types you can't add more water into an overfilled cup. With Pi-Je types if you can take the lid of the mug you can fill up the remaining volume.