• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't think i'm an F.

Illmatic

I keep on testing as an F but sure i'm warm hearted and such but i am not a F.

Anyone got easy descriptions of FeFiTeTi?

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I am not sure I get them but I'll try.

Fe : values coming from outside. It's mostly about social conventions, norms, proper responses, sympathy, etc. Fe may seem a bit on the conformist side sometimes and does not like conflicts.

Fi : values coming from your inner self. It's about getting a feeling of what is right and wrong, making your own values, being able to know when people are being sincere or not. Fi is more about empathy than sympathy, and getting the feeling that you know who someone is or what a situation is (morally, emotionally, etc).

Te : Logic coming from the outside. Te is an organiser and objective-oriented. It organises the world and datas logically, plans, puts things into categories and compartimentalises. It can appear a bit more linear than Ti I guess.

Ti : Logic coming from your inner self. Ti is an analyst. It is like an inner sense of the qualities of something (a bit like the T equivalent of Fi), Ti analyses, finds logical inconsistencies, work on ideas to define them, refine them, it can be used as in problem solving. Ti can sometimes be described as an eye looking for differences between two pictures. But it's more about ideas than the world and not objective-oriented.

Fe likes social harmony and shared values (a feeling of belonging ?) - Fi likes moral values and knowing the essence of things (inner values).

Te likes logical organisation and efficiency - Ti likes knowledge and analysis.

Ex : ENTJs are very competent leaders because they are Te dominant, they can organise properly people and work places.
INFPs often finds themselves understand the true nature of someone without being able to explain it or having strong reactions to injustice and unkindness because they are Fi dominant.
ESFJs are often known to be real helper, pillars of society in a way and very tactful, they finds harmony and people to be very important because they are Fe dominant.
INTPs are the usual nerd stereotype or absent-minded professor because they seek Truth and knowledge. ISTPs who are also Ti dominant seem to enjoy intellectual stimulation even though it will be more linked to physical activity sometimes.
Ti dominant people need to feed their Ti through intellectual stimulation, analysis, puzzles, etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This happened to a friend of mine. He's ISTJ but kept testing ISFJ because of ISFJ stereotypes and general beliefs of "I can't be a thinker because I care too much about people or have too many feelings".

His belief system, behavior, and other glaring obvious indications proved otherwise.

It took over a year of knowing him, but I finally said, "Look bro, you are NOT ISFJ. Beebe says no fucking way."

He also always tested Si/Fi, not Si/Fe.

Feelers aren't always "nice" but there are distinctive ways of telling if you're actually a Feeler or just a Thinker going through depression or falling in love for the first time, et al.

Illmatic

Woah those were real good explanations.

I keep testing as INFP, ISFP or INTP.

Idk which one i am.

I love playing strategic games, even if i lose it i really enjoy it. But i am paranoid of people around me when i walk outside alone i get paranoid of all sorts of people around me. I feel sorry for people. If someone says something to offend me, i don't say anything i just shut up and go quiet for a long time. I don't like conflict. I'm insensitive at times though.

I hope i'm a T.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
F doesn't equal 'warm hearted'. It's a way of gathering and analyzing information. Allegedly.

Illmatic

give me a situation and tell me how an: ISFP, INFP, INTJ, INTP would all react in tht situation.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Woah those were real good explanations.

I keep testing as INFP, ISFP or INTP.

Idk which one i am.

I love playing strategic games, even if i lose it i really enjoy it. But i am paranoid of people around me when i walk outside alone i get paranoid of all sorts of people around me. I feel sorry for people. If someone says something to offend me, i don't say anything i just shut up and go quiet for a long time. I don't like conflict. I'm insensitive at times though.

I hope i'm a T.

INTPs don't like conflicts usually. But there's nothing really significant about yourself in your post, apart from the fact that you're a bit biased so you'll probably insist on your T qualities rather than F. But tell us more.

Illmatic

INTPs don't like conflicts usually. But there's nothing really significant about yourself in your post, apart from the fact that you're a bit biased so you'll probably insist on your T qualities rather than F. But tell us more.

lols all of those were F qualities.

When someone teases me.

I feel hopless and angr cuz i'm physically weak and i can't do anything about it and in my mind i paint scenarios where i kill them. When people would tease me i would try to hold it in but then i'd end up crying fuck i hate myself for crying so much.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fs generally do have more emotions. They either feel them more regularly or feel them at certain times very intensely-- in response to stress or being very happy or falling in love, etc.. Or else they feel the absense of emotion & notice it far more than a T would.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a couple of conversations about this with a fellow INTP, and here are some thoughts on the matter:

- The very fact that you want clear criteria as to why you are a certain type might point in the T direction, and I would guess INTP. There seems to be a certain need to categorize, know 'what it is' that you actually are. Is it about having a 'correct' type description, or one that feels right to you?

- Empathy as such is not an indication for F-ness. In fact, you could argue that if you're an INTP / ISTP and have inferior Fe. Every type has a Thinking, Feeling, iNtuitive and Sensing function; it's just about the stacking order and the direction of the functions that determins types. Thus, 'T' does in no way mean that you're unemotional of 'F' that you're irrational - it's just which of them you prefer or usually use. And especially with inferior Feeling functions there are cases of unfiltered emotion breaking its way, especially when under stress.

Also, empathy is such a general concept that I don't think it can be explained in any reasonable way with something like MBTI. It can well be a personality trait quite distinct of your preferences. Same goes for the seeking of social harmony - as an INTP, I can't stand people arguing, and seeing people argue is something that gets my own emotions going.

- As others have pointed out, personal circumstances also play a role. While I was going through a pretty emotionally stressful time, I tested frequently as INFP. I'm quite sure now that I'm INTP, although my T preference is only slight.

Just a couple of points, like I said. But I hope it helps :)

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fs generally do have more emotions. They either feel them more regularly or feel them at certain times very intensely-- in response to stress or being very happy or falling in love, etc.. Or else they feel the absense of emotion & notice it far more than a T would.

No intention to derail the thread here, but I'm reading this again & again & increasingly getting the sensation of beholding the work of a man whose head is coated in fresh paint. Why did I post this?

Illmatic

Woah that helped a lot.

ok here are some random things about me.

I love competition even if I'm at the bottom, this is usually in strategy games or video games not sport or anything but i hate it when people go easy on me. I always want someone's best when I'm facing them, absolutely HATE it when someone is going easy on me because they feel sorry. I want their best, doesn't matter if the demolish me.

I did some shit i regret from the past and i used to think about it and cry at night at times. No one has ever seen it, I've told people but no one has ever seen it.

I trust people really easily but i ALWAYS doubt people, no matter who you are i know the true nature of humans. People don't always stay connected with a friendship, they dissolve. Even though i know this i always ignore this fact and once i talk to someone and get close i tell them private shit but i always regret it and i wish i could just keep my fucking mouth shut. Shit I'm afraid to write this shit on the internet because I'm afraid someone might find out and trace it back to me and tell people this shit.

I used to always complain a lot to my friends about how my life sucked and all that shit and the friends i complain to all get angry at me cause i don't listen to what they say i just keep on going and going on about how my life sucks. I keep on degrading myself and i keep on complaining to them non stop and they get really angry with me. But i love it when people say shit to make me feel good i just love it hahahaaha, i love when people sympathize for me i need it, idk why but i feel like without it i'm nothing. Without depressing and the complaining I'm nobody.

When my friends follow sports teams, i always pick a team that not everyone likes. Because everyone dick rides the Lakers, Heat but i go for the Nuggets because my favorite player used to play for them but i still like the Nuggets.

I am really loyal to my brothers, if i'm down with you i'm down with you. But i can't keep a secret i gotta say. Someone close to me says something and as i said i am never really close with anyone for long and then when i become close with another person i tell them because i trust them but i always regret it at the end. Actually i used to look up to one of my friends (ESTP) a lot and people would call me his 'dog' and i didn't really give a shit back then thinking he'd have love for me but now i get depressed and angry thinking about it.

Now conflict, usually when in a conversation i don't say anything to the person if i don't know anything about it. But if i do, i won't mind a little argument. But i gotta be a little careful too, if the other person gets offended then he might get violent so i gotta think logical about these things. Know who i say it to kinda thing.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem more like a T to me.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a general suggestion, you could also look into Enneagram stuff. My impression is that you're in the 5w4 or 4w5 range.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a general suggestion, you could also look into Enneagram stuff. My impression is that you're in the 5w4 or 4w5 range.

I was thinking 6.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You're a P for sure.

Either N or S. can't tell yet.

Also not certain about F vs. T.

But probably an I.

So, ISTP, ISFP, INTP, INFP. Hmmm. You act like you have a lot of problems & junk, but at least you have friends & you do regular social shit. A depressed, maladjusted INFP or INTP might not even have friends-- & an INTP would more often than not be less than mournful about it. So I'm leaning away from those two. But you're quite boffo, made quite the impact on the board by posting a bunch of self-loathing self-deprecation bluesy 'got-kicked-into-a-gutter-so-this-is-where-i'll-be'-style whiney McWhinerson material, so I dunno. I would say ISXP. Leaning toward F. That means you're a possible artistic genius or sports / martial arts jedi, so go out & start practicing! b4 I spank ur little lily ass.

:wizfreak:

Illmatic

olhh yeah and i get my friends to do the personality test so that i can understand them better.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I keep thinking that you are a T, the "F" qualities you talked about in most of your posts are not really relevant (though you did not say anything that could indicate T either when I think about it) because they are mostly "human" reactions (no matter how unemotional thinkers like to pretend they are) in my opinion and I know that as an INTP (or I think I am one, I was wondering whether I could be a feeler or not before), I can be very uncomfortable and immature with my feelings and emotions and used to based my personal ideal (not about humanity) on having a good heart and being sensitive because it is a positive trait for many people.

Inferior Fe, I think, makes me feel a need to be part of the community and understand people and convention while not being good enough at it to really get intentions and social conventions (though my brother who is an ISTP is good at it, it depends on how developped our functions are) so I can be suddenly paranoid when I feel that something isn't quite accepted but don't manage to justify the feeling logically.
Also, empathy and sympathy are something we can feel, it's just not a major part of our life (I still have trouble accepting that fact sometimes because it tends to make us "less" of human beings), however we don't always act accordingly.

Trust is something that can be linked to Fe but everyone has their personal history and reasoning when it comes to that. I don't think it's a feeler or thinker trait but I could be wrong.

I am extremely loyal to people I consider to be real friends, I don't think it's a thinker trait either.

As for complaining about life, I've realised that everyone does that to some extent, it depends on our current situation and whether we are positive or negative but it has little to do with feeling or thinking because everyone had thought about an ideal or dreams and has to face things that are unwelcomes, whether we express it or not does not really tell a lot about our type.

Wanting to understand people isn't really significant either in my opinion, the way you do your research might be more interesting however since feelers seem to see it as more natural and linked to emotions, empathy and something I don't quite get while thinker are more likely to analyse things and make logical conclusions about behaviours, etc.
Or that's just my friends and I.

The thing is, thinkers do feel. Some will avoid conflict more than feelers depending on how they function, INTPs also dislike criticism (especially younger ones apparently) but on the Internet, we tend to be more of a stereotype whenever we discuss types.

Sometimes it seems that you just have to say that you have feelings, are a theist and have a few friends with a messy room to be an INFP. In real life, it's much more complicated than that, sometimes it is really hard to really determine the type of someone and only introspection can really help you a bit on this question since you need to know what you are using but in the end, we all think and feel, we just approach life differently.