User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What country are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sounds like a Turkish accent.
    Actually, I am from Slovakia. My English may sound (in this case more look) weird, mostly because it is not my primary language.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Typology skips important details, and ignores variation.
    This IMO applies on MBTI theory (and maybe other theories, that I don't know...) and maybe temperaments (sanguine etc.). Enneagram accepts variations. How many different enneagram personalities can you count are there, if you assume, that there are variations like:
    - wings
    - levels
    - instinctual variations
    - tritypes
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Not the same sort of thing but worth mentioning:

I've met one guy who is a typology nazi. He has made up all sorts of rules surrounding typing, such as, who you can type and who you can't. And if you break them, he tells you that you can't do that. This is on PerC. Needless to say, I wanted to breathe fire on this guy. I put up with him for about, 5 seconds.
    Lemme guess: It's you?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The incredibly stupid over-generalizations that people make about people based on their types ARE completely fucked up... You can't claim that everyone of a type is one way or another based on broad stereotypes (ie all sensors are stupid and feelers are illogical and thinkers are robots)...that is typology abuse. I'm not saying that types don't exist, just that stereotypes and stereotyping are what turns most people off from typology
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    The incredibly stupid over-generalizations that people make about people based on their types ARE completely fucked up... You can't claim that everyone of a type is one way or another based on broad stereotypes (ie all sensors are stupid and feelers are illogical and thinkers are robots)...that is typology abuse. I'm not saying that types don't exist, just that stereotypes and stereotyping are what turns most people off from typology

From what I have seen, online, I could be accused of stereotyping many Ns as stupid.
    Theories aren't "bad," it's their application that has become problematic.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by darude11 View Post

Lemme guess: It's you?
    No way, I don't make the rules. I just make sure no one makes them for me, outside of reasonable guidelines, of course.

Seems true to me in many instances.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This is not about stereotyping. It's just IMO finding out, if the concrete attribute (now saying about personality theories that they are stupid) is part of ANY dichotomy, combination of dichotomies, triad or something related to typologies. I do that often.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    hahaha, I will provide a hint.... he is istp. It shouldn't be too hard to see over there.......
    He probably thinks he's an istp because he thinks Jung was an istp.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    He probably thinks he's an istp because he thinks Jung was an istp.
    You are probably right. I don't think he's istp either, but he id's himself as such. Kinda pisses me off....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

From what I have seen, online, I could be accused of stereotyping many Ns as stupid.
    and guns don't kill people...

as usual, the idiots ruin the fun for everyone else by making things distasteful- why is it necessary to use a theory to put other people down?

Quote Originally Posted by darude11 View Post
    This is not about stereotyping. It's just IMO finding out, if the concrete attribute (now saying about personality theories that they are stupid) is part of ANY dichotomy, combination of dichotomies, triad or something related to typologies. I do that often.
    well, if you ask people in an different environment where threads like "what type is my left toe?" do not exist, you would have entirely different standards by which to judge people on thier distaste for typology
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett