• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reinin dichotomies - True or False?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm socionics LII and I fit quite nicely into the all of the dichotomies listed for that type. Who would have thought?

ken888

don't get me wrong, ideas like these which can be nicely fit into some sort of conceptual framework are very interesting. But the first impression I get when i read a few lines from that page is that it must be some kind of a pseudoscience. A statement they made: "Whether they have empirical content, on the other hand, is a completely separate matter." is a sufficient reason for us to not believe in the claims they've made. But this is not to say that their ideas were all wrong, it is just that we dont have a good reason to believe they were true.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember the Reinin dichotomies in that two of them "Merry" and "Serious" correspond to Fe/Ti and Te/Fi, respectively.
I had been looking for names to group types by tandem preference like that.

Then (for the perception tandems), you also have the "Romance Styles":
Se/Ni = "Aggressor/Victim"
Ne/Si = "Caregiver/Infantile"

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Farsighted - Obstinate - Static - Democratic - Strategic - Constructivist - Negativist -Judicious - Serious - Result - Asking

I find that Static/Dynamic - Tactical/Strategic - Positivist/Negativist and Asking/Demanding are a bit hard to tell when it comes to me, I feel sometimes in between. And no type fits but I think it would be either LII or ILI.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Positivist/Negativist can be difficult. Asking/Declaring is usually easy - does the person make a lot of declarative statements? do they ask you questions as a way of continuing conversation? In writing this one may be hard to tell, but asker will make greater use of rhetorical questions in what they write. Positivists will often dismiss parts of the argument that point out flaws in their reasoning and instead focus on parts where they can point of flaws in other people's reasoning. It can look as if they are cherry-picking. Negativists are more likely to address these parts because they are more interesting in mending the holes and correcting the errors.