• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types are the biggest safety freaks?

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't know about other types, but this INFJ is a safety freak. :)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The obvious would be sixes.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think enneagram plays a bigger role than MBTI type. Type 6 enneagram like ICUP said. When people think of safety, usually they mean physical safety, so probably SP variants. The most safety conscious, I think would be 6w5 sp/so

xSxJs MBTI wise. The biggest safety freaks I know are my mother and grandmother- ISFJ and ESTJ respectively.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ/ESTJ's have a good ability to see potential dangers in almost every endeavor. By reminding you that you can be maimed, harmed or killed they show they care about you. :D

My mom and BF is an ISTJ/ESTJ respectively. So I say that with good humor.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
ESF-"Don't run with scissors"-J

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ 6w5 sp-so

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ 6w5 sp/so

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP's can be too, but I think sixes overall prevail in that department lol.....

6 is about vigilance and endurance, Sp is about safety. Sp 6 seek safety, Sp-last 6 don't.

ISTJ 6w5 sp-so

202_george_bush_sr.jpg

ISFJ 6w5 sp/so

1_20080114_195009.jpg

Sound about right.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately, my consciousness about safety probably comes out the most in a couple of phobias. :( I wouldn't say I'm a safety freak despite being probably 6 and probably sp-first. As in, I'm not constantly checking to see that my fire blanket hasn't rotted, my stove is off, etc. I do check to make sure the stove is off but not obsessively. My mom (probably INTJ e5, probably sp-first) is more like that - she can be a bit OCD sometimes.

However, on a recent trip to Egypt, out of the people I was with, I was the one constantly saying (during insane taxi rides in the insane traffic) "man, my parents would not be happy to see me without a seatbelt in this craziness." My friends actually laughed at me a bit for that.

One reason I've come to be pretty sure I'm a 6 sp-dom is my concern over, you could say, emotional safety. I try to "protect myself" by going towards people and defusing potential hostility. I've seen that flagged up in some 6 sp-doms descriptions and it made so much sense to me - more applicable than being obsessed about physical safety, for sure.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my dad's 6w5 sp-first INTP and a complete safety freak. we literally call him "mister security". :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJ/6s. Especially if they have a bias against someone or something they will play Mr./Ms. Saftey to beat someone down on technicalities and minor infractions.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6 is about vigilance and endurance, Sp is about safety. Sp 6 seek safety, Sp-last 6 don't.

"Type 6: The committed, security-oriented type"
"Basic Desire: To find security and support."
(Taken from "The Wisdom of the Enneagram")

Notice the word "security".... "Security is the degree of protection against danger, damage, loss, and crime." "Safety is the state of being "safe" (from French sauf), the condition of being protected against physical, social, spiritual, financial, political, emotional, occupational, psychological, educational or other types or consequences of failure, damage, error, accidents, harm or any other event which could be considered non-desirable. Safety can also be defined to be the control of recognized hazards to achieve an acceptable level of risk. This can take the form of being protected from the event or from exposure to something that causes health or economical losses. It can include protection of people or of possessions."

Yes, generally, all sixes are security-oriented, and therefore, safety-oriented. I agree that possibly certain instinctual types and mbti types may be more "safety freaks' than others, but all sixes are generally security-oriented.

I, for example, would be the type to install $2,000 security windows, and install a camera system in my home. My mother, an istj 9 sp/sx, while she is more of a safety freak when it comes to certain activities (like sky-diving), would never go to the levels I would to keep her home free of intruders. My mother is a safety-idiot when it comes to protecting herself against other people, and she has even left me in dire circumstances when it comes to this. I think sixes have the security issue covered, in general, more than any one mbti type. Now it's possible that an istj 6 would be more of a safety freak than me, because they might have the "safety freak" concerning physical activity covered, whereas I am willing to take risks when it comes to certain activities, and risks in other areas of my life, and istj wouldn't. I know an estj 7w8 sp/so, and he's nowhere near the safety freak that I am. While sp seems to make a difference, I think when sixes have sp as their least developed variant, their safety orientation might manifest itself through the social and political, and/or other arenas, which is still considered "safety".

When it comes to the definition of "safety freak", there is generally a 6 involved lol; they seem to be more apt to go above-and-beyond the norm.... S.P. also means an orientation towards safety, but only of the physical variety.