• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between shoes and MBTI

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Today something interesting occurred to me. Most of my coworkers wear either loafers of some sort or boots. Conversely my dress shoe of choice is the oxford. So I wonder is there any correlation between the type of dress shoes one prefers to wear and his or her personality type?

Incidentally, my company has a business casual dress code.

ygolo

My termites win
I wear tennis shoes. Before that I wore anti-static hard-toe boots. Before that I wore basketball shoes. Before that I used to ear anti-static hiking boots.

I usually wear a set of shoes for a long time till I change. Prompted by either my shoes falling apart or getting free shoes from work.

BTW:My type is INTP.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I am dressing up, I like to wear a variety of different shoes, depending on my outfit and mood, hahaha that's a very ENFP answer, :yes:.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Does neon-orange colored sandals with mismatching argyle socks correlate with ENTPs?

Otherwise I usually wear tennis shoes, even on formal occasions (yes, even with suits).

But my socks *never* match.

I just don't care about this stuff. It's nearly impossible for me to be formal, or understand the concept of "formality".

functionality > appearance

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
these are my dress shoes...

shoesew8.jpg

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Does neon-orange colored sandals with mismatching argyle socks correlate with ENTPs?

Otherwise I usually wear tennis shoes, even on formal occasions (yes, even with suits).

But my socks *never* match.

I just don't care about this stuff. It's nearly impossible for me to be formal, or understand the concept of "formality".

functionality > appearance

That sounds irreverent, offbeat, eccentric. IMO, it correlates rather well with ENTP.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a Type 9 INFP, so the pair of black Rockports serves me well. Comfy too.

cheers,
Ian

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I almost always wear the same pair of havianas that I brought back from Brazil a few years ago! :laugh: I bought them for $2 from a little shop! :)

08-02-07-HAVAIANAS-001.jpg

I don't like shoes and don't wear them when I don't have to- when it's cold out I either wear running shoes or high heeled boots! :)

Occasionally I'll wear a proper pair of shoes when dressing up- when I remember to :doh:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have four pairs of shoes:

hiking boots
sandals
sneakers
dress shoes

I've had all of them but the hiking boots for years and they're still going strong - I don't believe in false economies so I always splash out to get good shoes and then they last years and years. My dress shoes are an exception though - because I need them so rarely, they don't need to be particularly hardwearing. They're just plain and simple black lace-up shoes. I just bought the new boots in Italy, since I needed some anyway and where better could there be for buying shoes, eh? :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Very interesting. So far we have three ENTPs that own sandals. Two of which own colorful sandals.

As an aside, I have never owned sandals.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I was totally not joking about this, haha.

Snapshotofme27.png

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Woah, yeah... I pretty much wear sandals whenever the weather allows it. The rest of the time I wear the new boots I just got, which are a sorta cross between sneakers and hiking shoes, fine for both. Before that I always wore sneakers, unless I was actually out hiking over rough terrain.

My feet get claustrophobic and I really REALLY hate it when they get sweaty, even just the tiniest bit... I get athlete's foot easily, see... :cry:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like shoes or sandals that slip on and are comfortable and neutral. Right now, I'm wearing fake brown crocs more than anything else.

As soon as it gets warm enough, I buy myself and my four kids sandals (unless last year's are still wearable) so I can stop bothering with socks for several months.

I love socks, but coming up with five pairs of matching socks a day is a colossal pain in the hindquarters.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-flipflops all summer (can't wait)
-strappy heels in summer when I don't have to walk far
-totally awesome black leather heeled boots in fall/winter when I don't have to walk far
-running shoes the rest of the time

JD I think most people own sandals, so I'm not sure you'll find a correlation there.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: I wear flip flops whenever there's not snow on the ground- and I tend to hike barefoot :doh:

shoes squish my feet and make them hot- which makes me hot- and not in the good way

plus- if it's raining there's no way on earth I'm wearing shoes- wet shoes are gross! :sick:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get flipflops or any shoes that have no heel on them. Don't you find when wearing them that you have to sorta bend your foot to keep them from falling off when you walk, causing cramp in the arches of both feet? Or is that just me with my freak-feet? :unsure:

I like going barefoot too, but unfortunately it's not safe in many places because of broken glass... but on the beach though, always. First thing I do is take off my shoes and leave them in the car :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't wear normal foamish flip flops! *shudder* Havaianas are rubbery and bend to the foot as you walk- you never hear the flipping and flopping sound and they don't make your toes hurt like normal flip flops do on my feet anyways :doh:

I generally forget about broken glass before deciding not to wear shoes and step on glass all of the time :cry: needless to say, I'm good at picking broken beer bottles out of the soles of my feet- I live in a college town :laugh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
-flipflops all summer (can't wait)
-strappy heels in summer when I don't have to walk far
-totally awesome black leather heeled boots in fall/winter when I don't have to walk far
-running shoes the rest of the time

JD I think most people own sandals, so I'm not sure you'll find a correlation there.

Perhaps you are right. However, it was not the sandals, rather it was the colorfulness of the sandals that I found interesting.