• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between shoes and MBTI

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't get flipflops or any shoes that have no heel on them. Don't you find when wearing them that you have to sorta bend your foot to keep them from falling off when you walk, causing cramp in the arches of both feet? Or is that just me with my freak-feet? :unsure:

I like going barefoot too, but unfortunately it's not safe in many places because of broken glass... but on the beach though, always. First thing I do is take off my shoes and leave them in the car :)
It's only a significant effect with the super cheap ones (like...<5$), at least for me. Those things are horrible. Mine cost around 25$ and they're super comfortable, I don't have to try to keep them on. :) Mind you I have low arches so maybe that would be a factor, too.

edit: and this'll be my third summer with them, too! I love my flipflops.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's where I have to disappoint you Dave, and say that mine are just the plain, boring old Jesus model. :blush:

I had to give up vanity... they made me do it :cry:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if it would stop snowing here:steam:, I'd be able to wear sandals!!

I love sandals - that's what I wear exclusively once the lows hit the 50's.

As for 'dress shoes', sandals ARE my dress shoes in the summer - ones with heels. But I'll even wear non-dressy sandals to work most of the time (flats are more comfortable, and also I like to walk outside during my lunch breaks during the summer). And I'll sometimes just wear flip-flops when I'm running errands.

In the winter, I just wear plain leather shoes with heels. Nothing terribly fancy.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Here's where I have to disappoint you Dave, and say that mine are just the plain, boring old Jesus model. :blush:

I had to give up vanity... they made me do it :cry:

Are you sure?

No worries, my hunch is this thread will uncover some interesting trends or correlations.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Well, if it would stop snowing here:steam:, I'd be able to wear sandals!!

I love sandals - that's what I wear exclusively once the lows hit the 50's.

As for 'dress shoes', sandals ARE my dress shoes in the summer - ones with heels. But if I'm not at work, I'll just wear flip-flops around the house or when running errands.

In the winter, I just wear plain leather shoes with heels. Nothing terribly fancy.

Hmm ... perhaps I am missing out on something? Apparently everyone owns a pair of sandals except for me.

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm usually in athletic shoes or loafers. I have dress shoes and wear them on occasion but I never wear Stupid Shoes.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
adidas-shell-tops1.jpg

More or less like those, all year, even in deep snow and most formal occasions.

LucrativeSid

I like to wear big heavy hiking books or tennis shoes. It just kind of depends on which one would be more practical for whatever I'm doing. I do not wear sandals because they do not do well for walking through mud or playing basketball. I don't think this means anything.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
Apparently I have lots of shoes. ^.^

I have plain black shoes that I wear almost every day, and have for about four years.
I also have random dress shoes and flip flops, but I don't like flip flops that much unless they have places for the arch, because otherwise, my feet die. Slowly and painfully. :cry:

I do like high heels more than I ought, but I'm short, so I have an excuse. Even with heels I'm shorter than everyone else except my grandma. :D

My shoes, except for some dress shoes, tend to be really boring, but I make up for it with socks. I have some with flying pigs, and other with it raining cats and dogs.^.^

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I don't care what my shoes look like as long as they're comfortable...

I like hikers for some strange reason... I prefer them to running shoes for day to day wear... :unsure:

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
My hiking shoes are trail runners. Does anyone wear boots on trails anymore?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used to wear canvas shoes most of the time except for going to formal events, but I started wearing flip-flops much of the time as well after I realized that people wouldn't think I was sloppy for doing so. (There used to be a stigma associating them with hippies and such, but I found out from talking to a few people I knew and observing over the course of a few years that that association has been swept aside.) I usually prefer canvas shoes to be white, and flip-flops to be black.

Naturally, I always wear more formal styles when attending any sort of special/formal event.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Conversely my dress shoe of choice is the oxford. So I wonder is there any correlation between the type of dress shoes one prefers to wear and his or her personality type?

I have a few pairs of shoes, but most of them are single-use ones. One pair of running shoes (worn only when running), one pair of court shoes (worn only when playing volleyball), one pair of ancient, half-destroyed tennis shoes (worn only when doing yardwork). So I guess the only ones that really count are:

shoes.jpg

Work shoes

and:

sandals_small.jpg

Hiking, everything else, etc. sandals. I wear them pretty much year round, I just wear them with thick gray wool socks in the winter (stylish, eh?). Really, they're usually not this filthy - I happened to be hiking or something right before I took this... actually, I'm starting to think I've posted the "dirty sandals" photo before.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are my favorite sandals. I have to point out though that the ones I wear the most are the sweat-stained flat brown ones (and yes, I even wear them to work!!), that I have been wearing for 12 years. They are awesome, and I can walk a few miles in them easily. :yes: For hiking in the summer, I wear Chaco sandals.

And the flip-flops are destroyed because my cat happens to like flip-flops as well. :) But I still wear them.

otherphotos021vk8.jpg

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
topsiders w/o socks whenever possible (yes, with seersucker, khakis, or madras)
I think Smirnoff raided my closet for their Tea Partay video.

When socks are required, suede chocolate tassel loafers, cordovan penny loafers, or handmade English monkstraps

I will wear oxfords for time to time, if the formality of the occasion calls for it

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are my favorite sandals. I have to point out though that the ones I wear the most are the sweat-stained flat brown ones (and yes, I even wear them to work!!), that I have been wearing for 12 years. They are awesome, and I can walk a few miles in them easily. :yes: For hiking in the summer, I wear Chaco sandals.

And the flip-flops are destroyed because my cat happens to like flip-flops as well. :) But I still wear them.

otherphotos021vk8.jpg
Hey, I have a pair that looks just like the all-black ones. Pretty. :)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Moved to MBTI, Enneaeagraeam and Other Matrices from Other Psych.

I wear artsy slip-ons or Pumas.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I have 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of dress shoes I wear maybe once a year, a pair of all black Osiris skate shoes everywhere, including to work, and a pair of sandals I've worn once since I got them over a year ago.

I pretty much wear only black skate shoes these days, back in high school it was steel toed boots, but that was mainly because I spent most of my time in the various shops, be it auto, metal, wood working or the engineering drafting department.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
The anatomy of this ISTJ's basic shoedrobe:

100_3138.jpg

I :heart: Pumas, Chacos, and Reefs!