User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Correlation between shoes and MBTI

JustDave, gender may be a factor too?

anyhow, for myself: intp. as with aelan, all i own are high heels (of the variety shown below) and only two pairs of sandals. no flats. Wardrobe basics would be black, silver and champagne gold. If i'm going out, it's always in heels, unless i'm going to the beach or somewhere equally casual.

i like them at least 3 inches, tho if they're real pretty, 2.5 will do. nothing below that.

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Overall I thought Perceivers would favor lace less footwear and vice versa for Judgers.
    I may wear shoes with laces, but they haven't been untied since the day I got them. They're in a well worked in slip on and off state, no need to mess with the laces.

Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

I am definitely a shoe girl. Demurely understated and classically elegant. On most occasions/everyday wear, I choose my simple black flats. My clothes and personal presentation is very important to me on a purely individualist level, I dislike yielding to societal trends or preferences - I am, however, interested in fashion with an intellectual/avant garde slant. And my outfit, make up (or lack of), accessories reflect my personal aesthetic philosophy and taste preferences - and I have very, very, defined personal aesthetics! I dislike standing out but my personal outfits do garner a stare or two in my conservative town. And I'm probably an Artisan in this sense, I am very sensory orientated towards colour, texture, patterns etc and how they all work together.

(I envy those who can walk in high heels, anything beyond 1 inch and I topple over from unco-ordination and downright clumsiness.)

I envy those who can walk in high heels,
    Ha - talk to a chiropractor. There's a reason they call them "stupid shoes."

only bites when provoked Array

I plan to order a pair or two of Solovairs sometime next month, since my current Docs are wearing out (crappy new Chinese ones...ugh). I have worn Docs since the late 90s after I tried some and found them quite comfortable, then I continued because they lasted a freaking long time. The new ones are DINO.

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Ha - talk to a chiropractor. There's a reason they call them "stupid shoes."
    High heels are awful. I would never expect anyone to wear them, and prefer those that don't.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Default HAHHAHAHAAH!

I told you I'd do it!! Didn't I tell you I'd do it??? C'mon JustDave, you remember, like 8 pages and a couple months ago I said I would not let you shut down your thread early and come to a conclusion without me camwhoring my shoes for y'all???

Well I meant it!

I finally found my frickin' recharger/PC/got to DC/am using the camera daily/etc. etc. etc. :tear: Progress is such a beautiful thing.

Sooooo -- here's some old pics of 2 pairs of shoes I have. They are kinda indicative of the rest of my stylin' closet. :P

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

I wear tennies all the time. I lead an active lifestyle! (Believe it or not )

I hate sandals and any kind of open type of shoe, but after that I'm okay with anything. I wish I had a ton more shoes (and boots), but everything doesn't always look as good on me as it does on the shelf lol. I only have a couple types of shoes - the ones I wear most are a pair of RSVP sand/skin shoes that look really flat and have no traction, and my awesome black/blue/white Evisu sneakers with maroon laces (LOVE THE LACES), but they are a PAIN to wear. They are super tight (don't mind that), but my feet end up pushing them to the point where the side might rip out and I don't even have wide feet! They also are kinda hard to walk in. They were like 1/2 when I got them though, so steal of the century. 160->80

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar

My favorite pair of dress shoes is a pair of knee-high boots.

I don't wear them often but they're surprisingly comfortable for what they are. Also, they make this wonderful STOMP noise on hardwood surfaces.

Other than that, I wear three other pairs of shoes: tennis shoes, crocs so that I don't step in dog shit in the back yard, and a pair of slippers. Out of all the sandals in the world, I've only found two pairs that I actually liked.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Today something interesting occurred to me. Most of my coworkers wear either loafers of some sort or boots. Conversely my dress shoe of choice is the oxford. So I wonder is there any correlation between the type of dress shoes one prefers to wear and his or her personality type?

Incidentally, my company has a business casual dress code.
    I wear insane shoes. I think it has everything to do with being eNFJ. My favorite pair are acid-yellow matte leather spike heeled pointy-toed knee boots with straps from stem to stern. Even my tennis shoes range from green/yellow/blue Sauconys to black/silver Steve Madden boxer boots. It's like an anime cartoon exploded in my closet. If not for my twin, I'd never own anything practical. She reins me in.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P