User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't care what my shoes look like as long as they're comfortable...

I like hikers for some strange reason... I prefer them to running shoes for day to day wear...

MBTI
    INTP

My hiking shoes are trail runners. Does anyone wear boots on trails anymore?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I used to wear canvas shoes most of the time except for going to formal events, but I started wearing flip-flops much of the time as well after I realized that people wouldn't think I was sloppy for doing so. (There used to be a stigma associating them with hippies and such, but I found out from talking to a few people I knew and observing over the course of a few years that that association has been swept aside.) I usually prefer canvas shoes to be white, and flip-flops to be black.

Naturally, I always wear more formal styles when attending any sort of special/formal event.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Conversely my dress shoe of choice is the oxford. So I wonder is there any correlation between the type of dress shoes one prefers to wear and his or her personality type?
    I have a few pairs of shoes, but most of them are single-use ones. One pair of running shoes (worn only when running), one pair of court shoes (worn only when playing volleyball), one pair of ancient, half-destroyed tennis shoes (worn only when doing yardwork). So I guess the only ones that really count are:

Work shoes

and:

Hiking, everything else, etc. sandals. I wear them pretty much year round, I just wear them with thick gray wool socks in the winter (stylish, eh?). Really, they're usually not this filthy - I happened to be hiking or something right before I took this... actually, I'm starting to think I've posted the "dirty sandals" photo before.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

These are my favorite sandals. I have to point out though that the ones I wear the most are the sweat-stained flat brown ones (and yes, I even wear them to work!!), that I have been wearing for 12 years. They are awesome, and I can walk a few miles in them easily. For hiking in the summer, I wear Chaco sandals.

And the flip-flops are destroyed because my cat happens to like flip-flops as well. :-) But I still wear them.

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

topsiders w/o socks whenever possible (yes, with seersucker, khakis, or madras)
    I think Smirnoff raided my closet for their Tea Partay video.

When socks are required, suede chocolate tassel loafers, cordovan penny loafers, or handmade English monkstraps

I will wear oxfords for time to time, if the formality of the occasion calls for it

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    These are my favorite sandals. I have to point out though that the ones I wear the most are the sweat-stained flat brown ones (and yes, I even wear them to work!!), that I have been wearing for 12 years. They are awesome, and I can walk a few miles in them easily. For hiking in the summer, I wear Chaco sandals.

And the flip-flops are destroyed because my cat happens to like flip-flops as well. :-) But I still wear them.

Hey, I have a pair that looks just like the all-black ones. Pretty.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Moved to MBTI, Enneaeagraeam and Other Matrices from Other Psych.

I wear artsy slip-ons or Pumas.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I have 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of dress shoes I wear maybe once a year, a pair of all black Osiris skate shoes everywhere, including to work, and a pair of sandals I've worn once since I got them over a year ago.

I pretty much wear only black skate shoes these days, back in high school it was steel toed boots, but that was mainly because I spent most of my time in the various shops, be it auto, metal, wood working or the engineering drafting department.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ISXJ

The anatomy of this ISTJ's basic shoedrobe:

I Pumas, Chacos, and Reefs!