User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I don't get flipflops or any shoes that have no heel on them. Don't you find when wearing them that you have to sorta bend your foot to keep them from falling off when you walk, causing cramp in the arches of both feet? Or is that just me with my freak-feet?

I like going barefoot too, but unfortunately it's not safe in many places because of broken glass... but on the beach though, always. First thing I do is take off my shoes and leave them in the car
    It's only a significant effect with the super cheap ones (like...<5$), at least for me. Those things are horrible. Mine cost around 25$ and they're super comfortable, I don't have to try to keep them on. Mind you I have low arches so maybe that would be a factor, too.

edit: and this'll be my third summer with them, too! I love my flipflops.

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's where I have to disappoint you Dave, and say that mine are just the plain, boring old Jesus model.

I had to give up vanity... they made me do it
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well, if it would stop snowing here:steam:, I'd be able to wear sandals!!

I love sandals - that's what I wear exclusively once the lows hit the 50's.

As for 'dress shoes', sandals ARE my dress shoes in the summer - ones with heels. But I'll even wear non-dressy sandals to work most of the time (flats are more comfortable, and also I like to walk outside during my lunch breaks during the summer). And I'll sometimes just wear flip-flops when I'm running errands.

In the winter, I just wear plain leather shoes with heels. Nothing terribly fancy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Here's where I have to disappoint you Dave, and say that mine are just the plain, boring old Jesus model.

I had to give up vanity... they made me do it
    Are you sure?

No worries, my hunch is this thread will uncover some interesting trends or correlations.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well, if it would stop snowing here:steam:, I'd be able to wear sandals!!

I love sandals - that's what I wear exclusively once the lows hit the 50's.

As for 'dress shoes', sandals ARE my dress shoes in the summer - ones with heels. But if I'm not at work, I'll just wear flip-flops around the house or when running errands.

In the winter, I just wear plain leather shoes with heels. Nothing terribly fancy.
    Hmm ... perhaps I am missing out on something? Apparently everyone owns a pair of sandals except for me.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm usually in athletic shoes or loafers. I have dress shoes and wear them on occasion but I never wear Stupid Shoes.

MBTI
    infp

More or less like those, all year, even in deep snow and most formal occasions.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post

More or less like those, all year, even in deep snow and most formal occasions.
    True classics.

I like to wear big heavy hiking books or tennis shoes. It just kind of depends on which one would be more practical for whatever I'm doing. I do not wear sandals because they do not do well for walking through mud or playing basketball. I don't think this means anything.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

Apparently I have lots of shoes. ^.^

I have plain black shoes that I wear almost every day, and have for about four years.
    I also have random dress shoes and flip flops, but I don't like flip flops that much unless they have places for the arch, because otherwise, my feet die. Slowly and painfully.

I do like high heels more than I ought, but I'm short, so I have an excuse. Even with heels I'm shorter than everyone else except my grandma.

My shoes, except for some dress shoes, tend to be really boring, but I make up for it with socks. I have some with flying pigs, and other with it raining cats and dogs.^.^
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce