First 12345 Last

Martha Stewart is an alpha male.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Alright you guys made me do it.

There is alpha A and alpha B.

I compare these to the alpha orangutan and alpha chimpanzee.

The alpha A (orangutan) is born alpha. They even grow the cool little cheek pads to prove it. This represents itself in males as such. These men are confident, calm, and often completely independent. They operate outside of the group, and rarely have to compete for status. They are inclined, and dont compete for status, because their alphaness is inherent. They pick a woman and breed. These men smell like cookies (see posts regarding ESTP ex).

These men are usually tall, broad shouldered. They walk with a certain elegance. While maintaining masculinity they are also not scared to look like idiots. They joke around, may be the life of the party, but then retreat into their man cave for every day living. They do not need. They can support, they aren't chumps. They usually trust people because they have no reason not to. Outgoing and confident, their magnetism draws in a plethora of diverse types of women. They are rarely affected by this. Do not become pompous, or egotistical. They treat women with respect, and leave most women thinking the best of them, even if they love and leave. Did I mention, they smell like cookies.

Alpha B. The Chimpanzee alpha. In nature the chimpanzees have to compete for alpha status. Any male can attain it, though the next man can quickly take it if faster, better, louder, stronger. They tend to have something to prove. Because they are competing for their status. They are usually very lively, loud, energetic, and charismatic. They are also very insecure. They have known, or will know the experience of being beaten at their own game. See alpha A never plays the game, this is where they trump the alpha B. This insecurity can take two forms. Finding a social circle that maintains their superiority, or a self centered view for self preservation. This is the lesser alpha, though, alpha never the less.

Don't get me started into the betas. Lol!

Edit: I will also add that the majority of women who look for alphas encounter the alpha B, which is why they get a bad rep.
    I like this theory. Minus the cheek pads? and the cookies of course..

The typical alpha picture paints someone who is really desperate and always having to prove themselves... not very alpha when you think about it, they probably often didn't get very much affection and attention as kids. A true alpha should just 'be'.

MBTI
    GONE

If we're gonna start baking, we should at last start a new thread.

I want cookies. Shaped like baboons. With milk.

You guys confuse me.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

What the cat said
    But that might be due to an Alpha B behavior... You see, alpha A smells like cookies even if they don't eat cookies...
    An alpha B would naturally try to forge that smell in order to pass muster and be recognized as an alpha.
    SO the question is... Is she an alpha A with a penchant for baking, or an alpha B who is trying to smell like cookies?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Ginkgo

Alpha D: Dick

Alpha C: Double Dick

Alpha B: Triple Dick

Alpha A: Dicktacular

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I want cookies. Shaped like baboons. With milk.
    I can't believe I'm considering cookie dough ice cream at this hour.
    Look what you've done.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ cookie dough. don't know if it's worse to be wanting that late at night or in the morning!

but haha wow guys, saw 3 pages and i was looking forward to reading an interesting discussion about leadership. so much for that.

maybe it's just me but i assumed that all YLJ meant by "alpha male" was the top leader - the idiomatic sense of the term - not sexism or animal behavior specifics.

but if you all insist.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

but if you all insist.

According to Ginkgo there are:

Alpha D: Dick

Alpha C: Double Dick

Alpha B: Triple Dick

Alpha A: Dicktacular
    Which dog is which?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Which dog is which?
    we'd have to see them from the front to know, wouldn't we?

..that reminds me of the mexican dog that had 2 penises. he called them, jose and hose "b".

It depends on how you define an alpha male. If you define one that has similar traits to one specific type, only a few types with similar traits will produce alpha males. If your definition is broader, more males from other types will contain greater percentages of alpha males.

This is much like pegging a moving target where the framework shifts from person to person. Subjective.