User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In my normal state I have qualities of both.

I'm definitely a people person. Cheerful, fun, smiling, kind of scattered, disorganized, late, insightful, bright, interested in a wide variety of things, thoughtful, enjoy the center of attention but also bringing other people to the center of attention, conversationalist- (not as much of a listener, more of a talker, but will take the back seat in the presence of bigger talkers), seeing many perspectives, excitable, silly, present moment oriented, (I leave the present moment only to consider all the alternatives for the present moment, or to think about something that might happen within the next couple of days), a bit haphhazard/lazy, overextend myself, (as of this moment, I should have left for my next event 20 minutes ago).... I don't think people like me are very uncommon, but I'm not sure where I would place them on the Ne/Se spectrum. There's the ESFP's that are more Se than this- there's the ENFP's that display more Ne than this. But then there is all of us others, just sanguines. Where do we fit in?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    Two people that I know say that they are ENFPs. I know A very well and can confirm that. I don't know B as well, but I have noticed these differences about her:
    1. she is very materialistic -- many times she seems to value her possessions and the acquisition of stuff to the point that it hurts her relationships with others. She also has heavy credit card debt. (person A is one of the least materialistic people I've ever met)
    2. she's a college student and struggles a lot with her classes --writing papers is a major ordeal for her (person A is an excellent student who loves to write papers)
    3. she is very sentimental and sweet with beautiful manners (person B seems to have a certain amount of disdain for these qualities)

I'm not asserting that person A isn't ENFP -- I guess I am looking for feedback on whether others have noticed these traits more in ENFPs or ESFPs. Sentimentality and sweetness especially seem to me to be SFP traits but not NF traits. I'm not sure about the others.
    Person B is definitely not ENFP. Person A does sound like ENFP to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm.. this sounds interesting.... can you elaborate?
    Brain lateralization theory. Popularized in type theory by Lenore Thomson. P (Pe/Ji) is right brain; J (JePi) is left brain. And e=front; i=back.

So while the dominant and auxiliary bear your preferred J or P attitude, and the tertiary and inferior are the opposite. Functions #7 and 8, which people would think were the least "used", end up as the same J/P, and according to this theory (where they're called "Crow's Nests"), are "the first to come up when the preferred functions can't solve a problem". (#5 & 6 are also opposite J/P attitude).

I've been trying to think when these functions come up like that, instead of simply the tertiary and inferior, and when #7 and 8 are Crow's Nests instead of Trickster and Demon, or if those are the same things. I know the latter, are more connected with more serious [perceived, at least] threats to the ego.

In the cognitive process tests, #7 and 8 often come up pretty strong after the dom. and aux, while the tertiary and inferior often come up the weakest. Yet #7 and 8 are supposed to be the most rejected. It seems to be a matter of the difference between the functions themselves, and the behaviors or "skills" associated with them, the test is measuring the behaviors. I imagine we can engage in the behaviors with the functions as unconscious drivers for them; hence, the Crow's Nests being more about the behaviors, and the Trickster/Demon being the emotionally freighted images or projections the actual functions surface through, in more negative situations.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    Two people that I know say that they are ENFPs. I know A very well and can confirm that. I don't know B as well, but I have noticed these differences about her:
    1. she is very materialistic -- many times she seems to value her possessions and the acquisition of stuff to the point that it hurts her relationships with others. She also has heavy credit card debt. (person A is one of the least materialistic people I've ever met)
    2. she's a college student and struggles a lot with her classes --writing papers is a major ordeal for her (person A is an excellent student who loves to write papers)
    3. she is very sentimental and sweet with beautiful manners (person B seems to have a certain amount of disdain for these qualities)

I'm not asserting that person A isn't ENFP -- I guess I am looking for feedback on whether others have noticed these traits more in ENFPs or ESFPs. Sentimentality and sweetness especially seem to me to be SFP traits but not NF traits. I'm not sure about the others.
    wait... i'm confused... is the 3rd point referring to person A or B... pronoun antecedent change?

anyway - those could also be enneagram differences. person B may be a 7w8 while person A is something else? 7 could fit materialistic/acquisitive, not necessarily enjoying the dedication classes require, and not being as interested in manners or the past?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    In my normal state I have qualities of both.

I'm definitely a people person. Cheerful, fun, smiling, kind of scattered, disorganized [sometimes - at least, i have to work hard to organize, it doesn't come naturally], late, insightful, bright, interested in a wide variety of things, thoughtful, enjoy the center of attention but also bringing other people to the center of attention, conversationalist- (not as much of a listener, more of a talker, but will take the back seat in the presence of bigger talkers), seeing many perspectives, excitable, silly, present moment oriented, (I leave the present moment only to consider all the alternatives for the present moment, or to think about something that might happen within the next couple of days), a bit haphhazard/lazy, overextend myself, (as of this moment, I should have left for my next event 20 minutes ago).... I don't think people like me are very uncommon, but I'm not sure where I would place them on the Ne/Se spectrum. There's the ESFP's that are more Se than this- there's the ENFP's that display more Ne than this. But then there is all of us others, just sanguines. Where do we fit in?
    i fit all of the bolded too!

not the present-moment thing though... my thoughts live in the future most of the time... usually some indefinite timespan down the road, usually years... or like... some odd timeless zone...

ReflecTcelfeR

I would say my mind is almost always in the present. I think I've been confusing opportunities with possibilities. I think that's a big factor in the difference between Se and Ne. I usually enjoy finding opportunities (things that are present at the moment, but disappear with the moment) more than I do possibilities (that which could exist, but in the present don't). I would say that I am barely extroverted, but I do love the present more as the future tends to scare me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's interesting reading those descriptions...i can see why people mistype so often. they sound a lot alike and i relate to both....but i don't think i use se quite as well as i wish i did....there are occasions where getting out of your head and into the moment is reeeeaaallly important and i suck at it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

figsfiggyfigs

They both have an abnormally high level of Adrenaline.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^what do ya mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i mean....i guess...if you mean we can just keep going and going...my old infj friend used to say i was like the energizer bunny but that's just when we're out having fun. i can't seem to find a drop atm to clean my place tho. :/
    -Jim Morrison